Whenever the users encounter the YouTube an error occurred playback id during the time they watch something in there, it makes the video disappear. In most of the occasion, the issue appears on all the videos you want to play on YouTube. Other affected users report that the issue doesn’t belong to all the videos but a few of them.
No matter which OS you are using or which browser it is that you have, you may certainly face it in any of them. There might be several reasons responsible for this error such as corrupted browser files and badly cached DNS data.
If you have modified the network connection or set the DNS to automatic mode, then you might face it. Whatsoever, there’s nothing to worry, as we are here to guide you through this article with “how you can fix the issue after its appearance on the system?”
Methods to Solve YouTube an Error Occurred Playback Id on the Web Browser
If you are struggling with the various procedures to resolve the error, then this is the right section for you. Here, you will not only find out the reasons behind this particular error message but also solve them accordingly. There are several troubleshooting steps to help you get rid of YouTube an error occurred playback id Chrome which you can find in the section down below.
Solution 1 – Reinstall the Web Browser
This is one of the prominent solutions that can help you rid the error that you have encountered during your video watching session on YouTube. The first thing you can do as part of the solution procedure is to uninstall the web browser and reinstall it on the system again.
You can even clear the cached data along with the cookies before uninstalling it. However, a better approach is always to uninstall the browser from the system and then install it again. Reinstalling a browser can delete the corrupted cached data from the OS.
To uninstall the browser, follow the steps as given below and after doing it install the browser again:
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows and the “R” key together and then, type “appwiz.cpl” and then hit the Enter key or click on the OK button.
- It will open up the Programs and Features section in the Control Panel from where you can uninstall any kind of installed application from the system.
- Select the browser from the list of programs and right-click on it to select Uninstall from the system.
From here on, you can follow the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the browser from the system along with all the user preferences. Once you are done with uninstalling, you should restart the computer and again install it on the system. To reinstall the browser on the system, visit its official website and download the executable file and then install it.
Here, at the installation process again you have to follow the on-screen instructions in order to reinstall it on the system of your device. Visit the YouTube page and try to watch the video again, there should be no problem in it. If you are still facing the error, then follow the next solution.
Solution 2 – Restart the Router or Modem from which you are Connected to the Internet
There are several users who have reported that with just a simple restart of the router or the modem, they could have solved the error. Usually, it forces the device to recreate the entire connection between the device and the router/modem. After a few minutes, you might end up resolving the YouTube an error occurred playback id automatically on your computer.
Most of the routers come with a Power button which you can press to turn that off whenever you want. In the process, you might wait a couple of seconds after pressing the Power button. Thereafter, you can turn it back on and again check whether you are still facing it on the system.
You can even disconnect the cable attached to the router/modem and then wait for a few seconds. In this way, you can restart your router or the modem where you are connected with your device. Now, you can go to the YouTube page and see whether the error is still on the system.
Solution 3 – Change the DNS of your Device to Google’s Public DNS
Most of the Internet Service Providers or ISPs are there to set the DNS or Domain Name Server of your device automatically. They do it through a protocol named Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) as per your requirement
Changing the DNS switchboard from the default one to the said one can resolve the issue permanently and make it disappear from the system entirely. If you have no idea how you can do that, then follow the steps:
- Open the Run window as you did in the first solution and type “ncpa.cpl” and then click OK to continue with the further procedure.
- As the Network Connections window opens up, right-click on the network type you are connected to. After that, select the Properties option from the queue window to open it.
- Go to the Networking tab and then navigate to the Settings box where you should select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list of options.
- After selecting the IPv4, select the Properties button from the down below and then switch to General tab once the new dialog box appears.
- Select “Use the following DNS server address” from the menu and then replace the servers according to the following values.
For Preferred DNS Server – 188.8.131.52
For Alternate DNS Server – 184.108.40.206
Once you are done with all the steps click OK to save the changes and then repeat step 4 and 5 for the TCP/IPv6 with certain changes. The changes will be like,
For Preferred DNS Server – 2001.4860.4860.8888
For Alternate DNS Server – 2001.4860.4860.8844
Restart the network connection and check if the issue exists on the system or not.
Solution 4 – Clear the DNS Cache from the System
A lot of browser-related issues can be easily resolved by clearing the DNS cache from the system. Most importantly, this specific error is not an exception in this case as you can fix it by clearing the DNS cache.
If you are encountering YouTube an error occurred playback id Chrome in more than one browser, then flushing the DNS can be so helpful. For the most affected users who managed to resolve the error with this method, have reported that they could solve it without any problem. If you have no idea how you can do that, then follow the steps.
- At first, open the Run windows as you did at the very beginning of the solutions. After that, open a Command Prompt (Admin) by typing “cmd’ in the input field and then pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Enter key altogether.
- If in the process, the system asks for permission, then provide so by clicking on the Yes button. Once the Command Prompt (Admin) opens, type in the following line of command and then press the Enter key.
- Once you are done with the steps, you can check for the error that you have been facing during the time when you were watching YouTube.
This is how you can get rid of the error on your device and continue watching videos on YouTube.
With all the solutions as we have described in the above section, you should not be encountering the error any longer on your device. There are several aspects of YouTube an error occurred playback id that you should be aware of as it might cause several troubles to you. You have become familiar with all the solutions that would help you fix it without delaying any longer. Hope, the article helped you find the answer you were looking for on the internet.