While playing the videos using YouTube, often you get stuck with some server errors. And, you fail to play the video further or switch to another link. Moreover, the YouTube pages start to crash immediately by showing a message, “YouTube 500 Internal Server Error“. It appears in various forms like “500 Internal Server Error”, “500 Request Time Out”, “500: Server Error”, etc. Server down issue or hacking issue is the basic reasons for this problem. However, we are going to discuss some of the necessary steps to resolve it immediately.
Significant Reasons Behind YouTube 500 Internal Server Error
Both the client issues and server problems are responsible for this YouTube error. Here, we are going to talk about those critical factors that help you to identify the exact reason:
- The Internet connection error is a factor responsible for the issue. If the network drops continuously or generates a weak signal, then the error can occur.
- Stored browser cache is another problem responsible for this annoying issue.
- An outdated version of the browser sometimes prevents you from accessing YouTube.
- Incompatibility between the Windows OS and browser version creates an issue with YouTube.
- Malware attacks can cause this annoying issue as well.
- If the server denies the permission for that specific YouTube channel, YouTube 500 internal server error can come up.
Resolve the YouTube 500 Internal Server Error with Some Effective Methods
There are lots of ways to overcome the YouTube 500 internal server error effectively. Here, we are going to discuss those simple steps. So, try out the steps.
By loading the YouTube page again, you can easily fix the YouTube 500 internal server error. It is a temporary yet easy way to avoid this problem.
- First, right-click on the black space of the YouTube page and choose Refresh option from the pop-up menu.
- You can refresh by pressing the F5 key or Ctrl+F5 together from the keyboard as well. Wait until the web page is reloaded and refreshed.
Fix Internet Connection
Both the Ethernet and router users must check the internet speed. If it is sluggish, then follow the next steps to overcome this annoying issue.
- If you are using a wired connection, then verify whether the Ethernet cable is tightly connected to the port or not. If there is any loose connection, then connect it again. Moreover, if the cable is defective, then replace with a new one. Besides this, you need to repair the USB ports if they won’t be able to recognize the device.
- In the case of a wireless connection, check the router settings first. Then, verify the signal strength and if it shows a poor signal, try to modify the Network Settings.
Now, play a video to verify whether YouTube 500 internal server error still appears or not. If the problem persists, then contact your ISP.
You can easily tackle the 500 internal error by removing the cache and browsing history.
- Double-tap on the browser icon to open it.
- Now, click on the Control and Customize button (three dots) from the top-right corner of the window.
- Choose More Tools from the drop-down list.
- Then, select Clear Browsing Data from the sub-menu and you can see a list of items that you have searched before via this platform.
- You can select them individually by clicking on the browsing data and hit the Clear Browsing Data button. To clear cache, click on the All checkboxes and tap on the Clear data button.
- The process will take a few minutes to complete and once done, reboot the device.
- Finally, try to launch the YouTube app and try to play a video to verify whether the problem got fixed or not.
Update the Browser
It is the easiest way to avoid YouTube internal server error permanently. Moreover, it supports most of the latest apps if you upgrade the browser.
- Click on the Control and Customize button from the right corner of the address bar and choose Help from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select About Chrome from the submenu under the Help section and it will represent a window with multiple options.
- Click on Check For Updates and wait until the update process starts. If a new version is available, then it will complete the process and the browser will be installed with the latest version.
- Finally, double-click on the Chrome browser and launch it on the screen. Now, play a video to verify whether YouTube 500 internal server error got resolved or not.
Switch to Another Browser
- Download and install another browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Epic, etc. Make sure that the browser is compatible with the PC.
- Close the active windows and other running applications.
- Now, refresh the screen by pressing the F5 key from the keyboard.
- Now, double-tap on the browser. Now, open YouTube and check whether it is working or not.
Scan for Malware
You can run a full scan to remove all the viruses. This method will keep your device free from security threats.
- First, download and install antivirus from a trustworthy website. Then, double-tap on the system security icon and launch that software.
- Now, click on Scan or Scan for Virus.
- Next, choose the Scan type, either Quick Scan or Full Scan.
- It will identify the malware infected files and documents and also take necessary steps.
- Restart the system when done and try to launch the YouTube video to resolve the 500 internal error easily.
Upgrade the Windows OS
To run YouTube without any issues, update the OS to its latest version.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and choose the Settings app from the Start menu.
- After opening the Settings window, click on the Update and Security option from the left pane.
- Now, go to the Update and Security section and hit on the Check for Updates.
- Then, hit the YES button and let the Windows to start the upgrade program. This process will take a long time to update and reboot the System. Now, play a video and check whether it is running without interruption or not.
Increase Time Out Values
- Type “regedit” in the search box and open the registry window by pressing the Enter key.
- Now, choose HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click CurrentControlSet under the SYSTEM folder. Then, target the folder named “Control” from this section.
- Right-click on the DWORD value (32-bit) and choose a new value.
- Include the new value into the DWORD field as #1 field from the right-side and rename that new value with ServicesPipeTimeout.
- After that, select the Modify option and launch the Edit DWORD value window.
- Modify the base value to decimal and type the value in the Data Value field in milliseconds.
- Finally, hit the OK button and check whether the YouTube 500 internal error still appears or not.
Modify Access Permission
You need to get access or permission in case of using YouTube. Then, you must disable the pop-up blocker option for this specific video player. Make sure that you have permission to use that specific server’s contents.
- First, right-click on the folder in which you need to modify the access permission and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Now, click on the Security tab from the Properties window and hit the Edit button under this Security section.
- After that, select the Username and accept the access permission. You can choose multiple users and place a tick on the Access option.
- Next, hit the Apply button and save new changes. Then, click on the OK button and close the active window.
- After closing all the running apps, try to reboot and relaunch YouTube to verify the same issue still persists or not.
In the above content, we have defined the effective steps to overcome the YouTube 500 internal server error. Here, we have analyzed the possible and significant factors responsible for this annoying issue. So, we hope this article will be helpful to tackle this internal server problem quickly and efficiently.