The online chat feature called ‘Party Chat’ present on the Xbox One console and application allows you to communicate with your gamer friends within a game only. This feature enables you to send text or voice messages to your friends. Although the party chat provides so many services, even then you can encounter many errors. One such kind of issue that you may get while using this feature is your network settings are blocking party chat. There can be many reasons for the occurrence of this error. Some of the most common reasons are if the IP Helper service malfunctions, then you can face this problem. Even, if the NAT type is not set correctly, then also you can encounter this issue. Moreover, when there is an issue with network connectivity, then there is a possibility to get this glitch, etc.
Best Solutions to Rectify And Resolve This Issue Instantly:
This section of the article provides you with various points that will certainly help to eliminate the “your network settings are blocking party chat” issue effectively.
Initiate the IP Helper Service Process Once Again
The IP Helper service lets the Xbox software to make some connections via the network. When this service malfunctions due to some kind of internal glitch, then you can face this error. The solution to solve this problem is to start the IP Helper service once again. In order to do that, follow the under-mentioned steps.
- First, tap on the combination of both keys ‘Windows + R’ together. This will open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- In that dialog box, type the following text on the blank area – “services.msc”, which is present just to the right side of the label ‘Open:’. Next, tap on the ‘OK’ button.
- This action will launch a new window that has the name ‘Services’. Within this window, there contain all the services for every application and device driver on a list.
- From that list, locate and select the service ‘IP Helper’. Next, go to the top left edge of the right panel and then choose the ‘Restart’ link.
- After that, right-click on the ‘IP Helper’ service and from the popup menu, select the ‘Properties’ option.
- When a new window comes up having a heading, ‘IP Helper Properties (Local Computer)’ in it, select the ‘General’ tab. Under this tab, navigate to the label ‘Startup type:’, then tap the drop-down menu on the right and select the ‘Automatic’ option.
- Now, go to the bottom of this window and choose ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’ buttons respectively.
- Finally, restart the computer and then inspect if you can communicate via the party chat feature within the Xbox application.
Inspect the NAT type of Xbox One
When you cannot join or play a game in multiplayer mode and party chat, then it can be due to the improper setting of NAT type. Due to NAT type problem, you can encounter the glitch “your network settings are blocking party chat”‘ The ‘Network Address Translation’ or NAT translates all the IP addresses of every computer present within the local area network into a single IP address. The only solution to correct this issue is to set the NAT type as ‘Open’. For doing that, follow the steps below.
- First, tap on the button with ‘X’ logo on the Controller of the Xbox One console.
- After that, locate and select the ‘Settings’ option. This will launch a new window that has the same name as the option chosen on the previous line.
- On that window, go to the ‘Console’ section and then choose the ‘Network’ option.
- Within the ‘Network’ page that comes up, navigate to the label ‘NAT Type’ and then select the ‘Open’ option.
- At last, examine that you can able to join a multiplayer game or party chat on the Xbox One.
Properly Set the Privacy Chat
If the privacy settings on the Xbox application and the Xbox One console interferes with the network, then you might get this issue during the usage of the party chat feature. The feasible solution to fix this error is to set the privacy settings in the correct way. To do it, follow the steps underneath.
- First, hit the button with the ‘X’ icon on the Controller to open the Menu.
- Next, from that Menu, select the option ‘Settings’. After that, from the next page, select the option ‘Privacy & online safety’.
- Then, on the next page that shows up, choose the option ‘Xbox Live privacy’. Now, on the page which pops up next, go to the bottom and then choose the ‘View details & customize” option.
- When you get to see many columns on the next page which shows up, then select ‘Everybody’ for all the options.
Steps to Remove the Persistent Storage
If the files from game Blu-Ray disc that gets stored on the persistent storage of the Xbox One console gets corrupted somehow, then you can face this issue. The easiest answer to correct this issue is to delete all the contains from the persistent storage. Follow the sentences below to know how to do it.
- First, to open the ‘Settings’ page, go to the previous point and follow the initial step.
- On the next page that shows up, go to the ‘Console’ section.
- After that, from the list, choose the option ‘Disc & Blu-ray’. Then, from the page that comes up with a similar name as the option, you have chosen on the last line, select ‘Blu-ray’.
- After that, tap on the ‘Persistent storage’ option. When the new page pops up, then press the button ‘Clear persistent storage’
- Lastly, check if this error comes back or not.
Perform a Hard Reset of the Xbox One
Sometimes due to some kind internal glitch within the console, you can encounter the “your network settings are blocking party chat PC” error. The easiest solution to get rid of this error is to do a hard reset of the Xbox One. Here are the steps on how can you do it.
- First, make sure if any games or downloads, updates are running currently within the Xbox One console. If there are any, then close those games immediately.
- Now, press the ‘Power’ key on the console for ten seconds and then wait for it to shut down fully.
- After that, wait for five minutes and then hit the ‘Power’ button to switch on the console. When the Xbox One will start, then a green LED will lit up.
- This method will help to clear the cache memory and set all the settings of the console to its initial state
- Finally, inspect whether you are still getting this issue or not.
Start the Router Once Again
If there is an issue with the network, then there is a possibility to get this error. So, the best answer to resolve this problem is to restart the router device once again. Follow the lines beneath to do it.
- First, tap on the Power button present on the router to switch it off.
- After that, take out the power cable of the router device from the wall socket and wait for sixty seconds.
- Next, put the Power wire of the router back into the wall socket and turn the device on.
- At last, check the network LED is blinking or not. If that light is not lit only, then contact the ISP.
Every point on the previous section if followed correctly can easily help you to remove the error “your network settings are blocking party chat”. But, even after following all the steps in the above section, if you cannot able to correct this glitch, then do not panic. Just provide the details of the problems that you have got on the comment sections under this topic and we will try to provide you the appropriate fixes to it.