The problem is clearly network-related if you encounter a message which states that you don’t have permission to access on this server. Now, this happens when the users try to access a particular folder on their computer.
To be precise, the full error message would state such, Access denied, you don’t have permission to access on this server combined with a URL that you cannot access with a reference number.
The sight of such a problem puzzles the users. And they seek an immediate solution in order to resume the earlier network smoothness. But, that is not the manner in which it works.
Knowing the reason can solve most of the issues. Therefore, take a glimpse at the next section to make the troubleshooting procedure quick and effective.
Why does the Issue Occur?
The message that states the denial of access, occurs when Mozilla Firefox employs a different Proxy Setting or VPN in place of whatever is arranged on your Windows system. Whenever a website senses that there is something incorrect with the browser cookies or the network, it tends to block you.
However, there are some things which you must execute in order to fix such an error display. And the next section will guide you in a comprehensive manner.
Therefore, take a glance at that.
4 Easy and Effective Methods to Fix the Problem
The error message which states that you don’t have permission to access on this server is pretty annoying. Obviously, this hinders the otherwise seamless functioning of the internet.
Furthermore, you will notice that knowing the reason for such an issue is beneficial since you’d now know where to hit.
However, you can execute these steps and methods in a different browser as well. Now, let us jump to the steps.
Method 1: Clear Everything about the Website
When such an error manifests before you, simply follow the dedicated steps which are listed below.
- Firstly, launch the Firefox browser and then press the CTRL + H.
- Now, locate the listing of the site in the section of history.
- Then, proceed to right-click on it.
- After that, select the option of Forget about this site.
This option tends to delete all data and records including cache, history, passwords, and cookies. Therefore, if you have a password or other essential data of the website, proceed to save it.
Or else, you can employ a different procedure in order to clear the browser cache in another browser if you choose to launch that.
However, this procedure alone can tackle the issues. If not, you can easily turn to a technically expert mind for troubleshooting the problem.
Method 2: Turn Off VPN
In this method, we suggest yet another effective way to eradicate the access error. Simply, read the underlying steps and implement them with caution.
- In case you are using a VPN software or have third-party extensions installed in Firefox, then proceed to turn it off.
- Now, once it is turned off, you will notice that Firefox will successfully pass from the computer configuration and you must be able to enter or access it. Also, these extensions must be easy and hassle-free to turn On and Off in order to help you understand the problem.
However, this is one of the most effective procedures to troubleshoot the error. If the error message lingers, you must proceed to the other method.
That would surely suffice and fight off the problem.
Method 3: Disable Proxy
At times, disabling the proxy can benefit you and help you in dealing with the access denial. Simply, adhere to the underlying steps.
- In case you have VPN extension of any kind, then we require to inspect the Proxy Settings of the browser.
- Firstly, launch the Firefox browser and then proceed to click on the menu button.
- Then, select the Options. Also, you can type “about:preferences” in the address bar in order to launch it.
- After that, under the General tab, proceed to select the Network Proxy and then head to the Settings key.
- Now, this triggers to launch the Connection Settings and then select the option “Use system proxy settings”.
Doing this will ensure that Firefox uses the same settings for the network that are configured on the system that you own.
Now, if it does not bring about any favorable change, employ another browser to access the website.
Method 4: Remove Online Certification if the Denial Message Appears in Google Chrome
If the access denial appears in Google Chrome, then proceed with the underlying steps to correct the problem.
- Firstly, proceed to the Settings and then head to the option for Advanced Settings.
- After that, head to the option “HTTP/SSL”
- Next, proceed to uncheck the option which says “Check for server certification revocation”.
- Finally, proceed to Restart Chrome.
From the future version, Google intends to eradicate the online certification revocation checks. That is because it considers the operation as inefficient as well as slow.
The issue is that the browser cannot successfully interact with the validation servers due to diverse technical issues. When something like this occurs, the HTTPS connections must not be established.
However, these steps can solve the issue completely and you can resume with the regular internet that you work on. We suggest implementing the aforementioned steps on your own.
And, only when nothing works, proceed to employ a technically expert professional.