To chat with fellow gamers online while playing a game is one of the cool features that you can get on the Xbox. But, an xbox error 0x89231906 can come up while you try to chat with the other gamers. When this error code shows up, then the full message that you get is “Your network settings are blocking party chat.” This issue simply disconnects you from the ongoing chat session and do not allow you to re-connect.
There can be various reasons for the occurrence of this issue. Some of the most common ones are that if there is a blockage in the ports, then you might encounter this issue. Also, if your computer has some reliable network software and adapters, then this Xbox error 0x89231906 can pop up.
Further, if the playback or communication devices are not active and even the Teredo client is disabled, then there is a chance for you to get this issue. Moreover, if the Mac address has some kind of conflict, then you can even meet this glitch.
Solutions to Rectify this Error Code Effectively
In this section of the article, you will get points that will help you to easily resolve the glitch 0x89231906 efficiently.
Remove the Reliable Network Software
There is some reliable network software available on the internet that can help you to manage internet connectivity within the computer. But, these software can interfere with the Xbox party chat feature, thus giving this error.
So, the best way to resolve this problem is to uninstall the reliable network application from the computer. To do that, follow these steps underneath.
- First, hit the ‘Cortana’ beside the ‘Windows’ logo on the taskbar. This will open the search area. There, type “control panel”. Then, from the search output, choose the first option that comes up which is ‘Control Panel’.
- Now, a new window will launch. Within this window, there consists of plenty of computer settings categories which you can alter according to your preference.
- Next, from all those categories, choose the one that says ‘Programs’. After that, a new page will come up. Here, choose the option ‘Programs and Features’.
- Now, there will be a list full of all the applications installed within the computer. From that list, locate the reliable network application and select it. Then, right-click on the software and tap on the option ‘Uninstall’ from the popup menu.
- At this moment, an uninstaller window of the reliable application will pop up. Inside this window, follow the instructions that come up. Then, accordingly choose the button ‘Uninstall’ to completely remove the software. Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Once the removal process is over, then restart the machine. After the startup procedure is over, then launch the Xbox application and initiate a chat session within the game to see if this error comes back or not.
Unblock Ports within your Windows Machine
If some of the ports present on the computer are blocked by the firewall by default, then you might get the issue 0x89231906. The answer to resolve this problem is to unblock some of the ports. For that to happen, follow the steps underneath.
- First, press the combination of both keys ‘Windows + S’ to display the search panel.
- Within this panel, input the following text on the blank area – “Windows firewall”. After that, from the list of options that come up, choose the one that says ‘Windows Defender Firewall’.
- This launches a new window that has the same name as the chosen option on the previous step. Inside this window, go to the left panel and then select the link ‘Advanced settings’.
- Now, another new window will show up that has the name ‘Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security’. Here, in this window, move to the left panel and then under the heading ‘Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer’, select the option ‘Inbound Rules’.
- Next, right-click on it and then from the popup menu, choose the item ‘New Rule’. As soon as you select this item, then a new window opens up ‘New Inbound Rule Wizard’. Inside that wizard, under the heading ‘Rule Type’, choose the option ‘Port’, then on the left tap the link in highlight ‘Protocol and Ports’.
- After that, under the first section select the radio button ‘TCP’, then within the next one hit the option ‘Specific local ports:’. On the space present beside this option, input the ports that follow – 53, 88, 3074, 80, 500, 4500, 3544 in increasing order. Hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Now, the ‘Action’ point will be chosen on the left pane, then go to the right and choose the option ‘Allow the connection’. Then, press ‘Next’.
- When the ‘Profile’ point is selected on the left part, then put a checkmark for all the options to the right ‘Domain’, ‘Private’, and ‘Public’ and click ‘Next’.
- Finally, provide some ‘Name’ for the new Inbound rule and tap on the button ‘Finish’.
Enable Default Playback and Communication Device
When the communication and playback devices are not active, then you might encounter the Xbox error 0x89231906. Therefore, the solution to resolve this problem is to easily activate the specific device that you will use during the party chat. Follow all the steps that are present beneath.
- First, locate the ‘Speakers’ just beside the ‘Network’ icon. After that, from the popup menu select the option ‘Playback Devices’. This will open a new window with the name ‘Sound’.
- Inside this window, select the tab ‘Playback’. Under this tab, there will be a list of all the playback devices that are connected to the computer. From that list, see if all the devices have a ‘green right tick’ icon. If there is any, then it means that a specific device is active otherwise not. To activate a device right-click on it and then from the popup menu choose the option ‘Enable’.
- Next, navigate to the tab ‘Recording’ and repeat the previous step to enable the microphones. When there is more than one microphone device in your machine, then select one and right-click on it. After that, choose the option ‘Set as Default Communication device’.
- At last, click on the ‘OK’ button and restart the device to apply these alterations.
Remove Reliable Network Driver
When the computer has a reliable network driver installed, then it can give you this xbox error 0x89231906. The simple solution to resolve this issue is to delete that reliable network driver from the computer. In order to do that, just follow the steps underneath:
- First, right-click on the ‘Windows’ logo, then a popup options menu will come up. From that menu, locate and then choose the item ‘Device Manager’.
- Within this window, there is a list full of different categories of devices and their drivers installed on the computer. From that list, navigate and choose the device category ‘Network adapter’.
- After that, click on the arrow at the front of the category that was chosen on the previous step to reveal the sublist, where the drivers are present.
- Within the sublist, locate the reliable network driver and then right-click on it. Then, from the popup menu that comes up, choose the option ‘Uninstall device’.
- Now, a confirmation dialog box ‘Uninstall Device’ will show up. Within this dialog box, put a tick mark on the option ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ and then the button ‘Uninstall’.
- Give some time for the removal process to complete. Once it is over, reboot the computer.
- At last, inspect whether this error code comes up when you attempt to use the party chat feature on the Xbox application.
Set the MAC Address once Again Within Xbox One
You can encounter this problem if the Xbox One cannot able to identify the MAC address present inside it. So, the only solution to solve this glitch is to reset the MAC address. To do that, follow the steps:
- First, in the main window of the Xbox One console, locate the ‘Guide’ option on the left side of the screen and then click it to open.
- Next, from the list that appears, choose the option ‘Settings’. As soon as you click on that option, then a panel comes up on the left side with the heading ‘Settings’.
- Out of the several options present on that left panel, go to the bottom and tap on the ‘All Settings’. After that, locate and choose the option ‘Network Settings’.
- On the screen that comes up next, select the option ‘Advanced Settings’.
- From there, tap on the option ‘Alternate MAC address. Then, to set up the MAC address once again, hit the button ‘Clear’.
- As soon as you click on that button, then another screen will show up. Here, press the ‘Restart’ button in order to reboot the console.
A Process to Free the Persistent Storage
The Persistent Storage is a space within the Xbox One, that contains some files related to the game Blu-Ray discs. Now, when you encounter the error code 0x89231906 on the Xbox One console, then it can be due to some corrupt files within the Persistent Storage.
Therefore, the necessary solution to mitigate this problem is to remove or clear the Persistent Storage. Here are the steps to do it.
- First, open the Xbox One console and then launch the ‘Settings’ page within it.
- After that, go to the section that has a name ‘Disc & Blu-ray’. Under that section, tap on the option ‘Blu-Ray’.
- Next, at the bottom of the screen, choose the button ‘Persistent storage’. Then, select the option ‘Clear persistent storage’, in order to remove the contents present in it.
- Repeat this process a few times for a complete deletion of the files. Next, check if you can able to chat with other gamers via the party chat feature.
Using Command Prompt Activate Teredo Client
A Teredo client is a translation tool used by the Windows PC to translate IPv4 to IPv6 and vice versa so that there is no internet connectivity problem. Now, if this tool is inactive, then you might meet with this issue.
Now, the best solution to remove this problem is to activate the Teredo client. Follow the steps below mentioned steps carefully.
- First, tap on both of the ‘Windows + R’ keys altogether to open the ‘Run’ dialog box. In this dialog box, type the text as follows – “cmd” just to the right of the label ‘Open:’. After that, hit the button ‘OK’.
- A new window that has a black background and white text will come up having the name ‘Command Prompt’.
- Within this window, type the following commands one after another. Press the ‘Enter’ key after each of them to execute. Those commands are – “netsh interface Teredo set state disabled” and “netsh interface ipv6 set teredo client”. Wait for all the commands to execute completely.
- Once the execution gets over, then restart your computer.
Follow all the steps that are provided in the previous section to easily eliminate the Xbox error 0x89231906. But, even after following each point in the above section still, you are unable to eradicate this problem, then not to worry. Just, provide the details of the problems that you have faced in the comment section.