In the tally of the different computer Operating Systems that are there, Windows by Microsoft is the best. Even if some might argue that they will not be able to argue the fact that Windows has the most number of users among all. That is because of many different reasons, but all of that boils down to the ease of use. And the Windows user account plays the main part in that, to help synchronize things together. But the major problem arises when you face the Windows 10 we can’t sign into your account issue.
If you are not being able to log into your Windows user account. Because we can’t sign into your account Windows 10 issue. Then, you do not have to worry because, in this article, you will get a comprehensive instructional guide. With that, you will be able to fix this issue easily by yourself from the comfort of your home.
Possible Causes of the Windows 10 We Can’t Sign into Your Account Issue
This article has in it all the necessary instructions that you might need to fix this issue. But, that alone is not going to be enough to fix this issue effectively.
As the Windows Operating System is a rather complex piece of environment that you enjoy. And random actions on it might end up doing more harm than good to the system. That is why what you need to do to prevent all of that is to know the causes of this issue.
Because if you know why the Windows 10 we can’t sign into your account issue is coming up. Then, you are going to have a two-fold advantage.
The first is that you will find it much easier to figure out the technicalities of the solution instructions. That way, it can help you save a lot of time with this particular task.
And the other one is that you will be able to avoid any kind of damage you might have inflicted. If you did not know the reasons why this issue was coming up with your Windows account.
In this section of the article, we have covered all the reasons that might be causing the issue. With this, you will get all the aforementioned benefits.
Technical Side of the Windows 10 We Can’t Sign into Your Account Issue
The first and arguably the most common cause of this error is the presence of corrupt system files. This can come along for a lot of different reasons including virus attacks on your system.
And when there are some corrupt system files within the registry, then this issue can very well come up.
Now, another thing that can happen is that this issue is nothing but a spam message. There have been many cases of this where users have faced such kind of harassment. But the good thing is that it is nothing serious and you can ignore it.
You might know about the importance of system updates in Windows. This is also the same in this case, where if you do not have the latest Windows system updates. Then, you can face this issue and many others like this one.
And this covers the possible reasons behind this issue. And now let us go ahead and move on to the solutions for this.
Step by Step Solutions for the Windows 10 We Can’t Sign into Your Account Issue
In this section, we have laid down all the solutions that you might need to resolve this issue. It will be best if you know what exactly the reason is in your case. That way, you will be able to go straight to the solution for that.
But if you do not have that information, then there is no problem. As we have covered all possible solutions to this issue.
Apply these, one by one till you have fixed the problem at hand.
Get Account Access through the Windows Registry Editor
To get access to your Windows account, you can use the Windows Registry Editor. In order to do that, here are the steps that you need to take –
- Open up the Windows Run dialogue box by simultaneously pressing down on the Windows key and the “R” key.
- In that dialogue box, type in regedit to open up the Registry Editor in Windows.
- Now, go through the HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\\Software\\Microsoft\\IdentityCRL\\StoredIdentities path.
- Here, you will have to look for your Windows account and then right-click on it. Choose the Delete option from the dropdown list that appears.
- Get out of the Registry Editor and then, go to the Settings option and then from there, go to Accounts.
- Add your account from here again to access it.
After doing this, you will be able to get access to your Microsoft account once again.
Check for Any Kinds of Spam
In many cases, unethical tech support companies can create a spam campaign to sell their services. In order to identify whether it is a spam or a genuine issue, here are the steps to take –
- On the login screen of Windows, press the Power button, and after that press down on the Shift key. And at the same time click on the Restart option.
- In the window that appears, choose the Troubleshoot option, then Advanced options and follow by Startup Settings. Then again, click on the Restart option.
- Now after your PC is active, choose the Enable Safe Mode option in that window.
There is another way to identify this issue, here are the steps for that –
- Open up the Run dialogue box by simultaneously pressing down on the Windows key and the R key.
- Once in the Run dialogue box, type in msconfig to access the System Configuration panel. You might have to type in the Administrator’s password in between the steps.
- Now in this window, click on the Boot and within that tab, click on the Safe Boot option.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and after that OK to set it that way.
In this way, you will be able to identify any scam and deal with it from there on.
Fix this Issue with Command Prompt
The Windows Command Prompt can prove to be very useful in a situation like this. To use that to resolve this issue, here are the things that you need to do –
- First, boot your computer into the Safe Mode. And in between the windows choose the Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt option.
- Now in the Command Prompt window, type in each of the following commands and hit the Enter key after each –
net user /add useraccountname mypassword
net localgroup administrators useraccountname /add
net share concfg*C:\\\\/grant:useraccountname,full
net user useraccountname
This will very likely solve the problem and you will be able to log in again.
Install Windows System Updates from a Temporary Profile
This is a very effective method for fixing this issue and to do that. Here are the steps you need to take –
- Switch your PC on and then wait till the booting screen appears.
- Once it comes up, press the Restart button on your computer.
- Now, in the window that comes up, choose the Troubleshoot option and follow that with Advanced options.
- In the window after that, click on the Startup Settings and then press the f4 key. This will initiate the Safe Mode in Windows 10.
- The PC will restart and this time it is going to boot in Safe Mode.
- Then after that is over, press the Windows key and the R key, both at the same time.
- In the Run dialogue box that comes from here, type in regedit and press the Enter key after that.
- That is going to open the Windows Registry Editor. In this doalogue box, take the path – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\ProfileList.
- When you go and expand the ProfileList, you are going to find different subfolders in it. The values for that will be of the S-1-5-XX sort.
- From that list of subfolders, choose the ProfileImagePath.
- Finally, double-click on the RefCount key and set its value to 1. Click on the OK button to close the process.
After you have to be done with all of this, you will have to restart your computer once again to consolidate the settings. You now have the temporary profile that you need, now it is time to install the updates. Here are the steps you will need for that –
- In your computer now, go to Settings.
- After that, follow the path App – Select Updates & Security – Windows Updates. Now you will be in the updates section.
- Here, select the Check for Updates option and wait till the search for available updates is over.
- The system will bring up the list of all the available updates. And then you will have to click on the Run the Updates option.
The updates are going to be active after a certain amount of time. Then all you will have to do is to reboot your computer. That will fix the Windows 10 we can’t sign into your account issue