Microsoft is one of the eminent organization that is well known for its efficient innovation. Despite having such a name worldwide, it is not free from technical glitches. Changing over to the Compatibility Mode in Windows 10 is one such issue that the users face frequently. Basically, there are certain apps that create the issue to occur. However, changes can be made by changing the Compatibility settings. Although the issue seems to be quite critical, no worries as it is easily solvable.
Having a proper guide on the same can enable you to resolve the problem permanently. So, better than finding solutions here and there, read the article thoroughly. Proceed with the steps given below and resolve the issue in no time.
Kinds Of Information Microsoft Compatibility Mode Collects
Windows 10 Compatibility Mode is one of the most advancing features that are available. However, you might face certain issues while changing the settings. Though it works for some useful purposes its limitations make it an embarrassing feature for common people. In this part, you are going to get detailed descriptions of the type of data it collects and sends.
- In every 30 minutes, it sends typed text from the keyboard.
- It transmits everything that one speaks to Cortana.
- From the computer to the Microsoft, MS script transmits each and every multimedia file.
- Have a capacity of sending 35 MB data from Webcam.
- Locates what type of hardware one uses.
- Carries the information of the device driver.
Significant Features Of Compatibility Mode Windows 10
Before proceeding with some of the important solutions, let’s discuss some of the notable settings that you are going to find in the below section. So, from here, you can change the settings of the Compatibility mode according to your need.
- Reduced Colour Mode: This is primary and the first feature that you will find in the settings section. This feature helps users by providing apps with fewer colors so that the old apps can run. So, this type of feature is much beneficial for those apps that run only in 256 color mode.
- Run 640×480 Screen Resolution: This feature is much useful when the graphics of the app is improper and having an irregular or uneven platform.
- Override High DPI Scaling Characteristics: Basically, this feature supports three option in order to perform the scaling.
- Disable Fullscreen Optimizations: It is basically a feature that is beneficial for the users who play games and have a demand of playing in a borderless fullscreen mode. However, disabling the full-screen optimization can help you out to remove the issues with Windows 10 Compatibility mode.
- Run Program As An Administrator: It is only available when a user is signed in as admin. Moreover, this feature lets the user launch the program with admin rights.
How To Change Compatibility Mode In Windows 10? Easy Hacks
So, coming on to the point of how to change Compatibility in Windows 10, there are some easy hacks that are available. So, follow the exact ways that are mentioned below and resolve your problem instantly.
Fix 1: Run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Basically, one cannot identify the part of the problem until one knows the exact fault. So for this, you can run the program Compatibility troubleshooter which is an inbuilt feature of Windows 10. So in order to start on with the process, follow the below instructions.
- Firstly, search for “Run Program made for previous versions of Windows.” Open it and navigate the option that pops up.
- From the drop-down menu that is under Program Compatibility Troubleshooter window, select the troublesome program. Now start running the troubleshooter.
- If it asks for any other details provide all the details so the process can run smoothly. Once the process finishes off, restart the device.
To change the settings, search and right-click on the .exe file of the app. Instead, make a right-click on the shortcut of the app and click on the last option reading Properties.
Fix 2: Changing Compatibility Mode for Current User
If you are Windows 10 user and want to change the Compatibility Mode, then proceed on with the steps below.
Firstly, search and right-click the .exe file of the app in order to change the settings. You can also perform the same by opening the Properties option rather than having a right-click on the Shortcut. Once the Properties box opens, switch to the Compatibility tab from all the other tabs.
Now, moving ahead with the Compatibility mode section, select the option Run this program in compatibility mode for. Click on the drop down option that appears below after selecting the option. Here, you will find a list of options and from there choose the correct Windows version for which the app is made.
Last but not least, after having all the changes done, click the OK button. You will find that performing the whole process will change the settings effectively and you can easily carry on with the Windows 10 Compatibility Mode.
Hopefully, these methods are helpful to you. Try out the steps as directed here and you will surely find a solution for the issue you are facing with Windows 10 Compatibility Mode. However, if you face any problem or have any query, then contact us by visiting our official website.