Bluetooth is a built-in tool for transferring important files, images, videos, etc from one electronics devices to another. But, it becomes an annoying issue if this service stops all of a sudden. Then, it becomes difficult to transfer the files between the source and target devices. Moreover, you can see the unexpected error message, “Windows 10 Bluetooth missing”.
In that case, you should verify whether the Bluetooth device is enabled or not. If it is disabled, then it will fail to work. Without fixing it, you won’t be able to transfer files using Bluetooth. However, we are going to talk about the effective steps to overcome this critical error immediately.
Major Issues for “Bluetooth Toggle Missing Windows 10” Problem
Some of the common issues regarding Bluetooth becomes a critical problem. Here, we are going to analyze the problematic factors responsible for the issue.
- If you forget to enable the Bluetooth device, then it fails to work.
- Bluetooth driver installation error causes the “Windows 10 Bluetooth missing” issue very often.
- Bluetooth toggle missing Windows 10 occurs due to an outdated driver as well. If the Bluetooth driver is corrupted, then you encounter this kind of issue too.
- Another problematic factor responsible for this annoying issue is the Bluetooth settings. Misconfiguration of the Bluetooth driver causes this problem.
Resolve the “Windows 10 Bluetooth Missing” Issue with Effective Ways
There are several ways to resolve the Bluetooth missing issue effectively. We are going to discuss them to help you overcome this annoying problem quickly. So, you can follow the steps below and fix the problem efficiently.
Method 1: Enable the Bluetooth Using Keys
- First, press the Function (Fn) key and F12 key together from the PC. Now, check whether the Bluetooth service is enabled or not. If not, then again press the same and launch the Bluetooth service again.
- In case of the laptop, you need to check whether the Bluetooth button is enabled on the keyboard or not. If it is not enabled, then press that key from the keyboard. Now, try to send an image or any file to another device and check whether the Bluetooth is working properly or not.
Method 2: Turn on Bluetooth via Taskbar
You can find the Bluetooth hardware in the device system tray from the taskbar. It also indicates the status of the hardware installed in your system. So, you can easily fix the Windows 10 Bluetooth missing problem using this method without much hassle.
- Press the Windows key and type “Bluetooth” in the search box to open the Bluetooth application.
- In the resultant window, you can see several options including “More Bluetooth options”. Select that option and go to the Bluetooth Settings.
- After that, click on the checkbox saying “Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area” and press the Apply button to save the new changes.
- Next, click on the OK button and close the Bluetooth device Settings window. You can see the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar. If you are not able to see the icon, then click on the Hidden icons from the System Tray and you can find it within this section.
Method 3: Re-Enable the Bluetooth Sevices
Sometimes, you can resolve the Bluetooth toggle missing Windows10 by disabling it and enabling it again. It is one of the easiest processes to make it work.
- Click on the Start menu and type “devmgmt” in the search box. Hit the Enter key and launch the Device Manager window.
- After that, locate the Bluetooth devices and expand it. Choose your device and right-click on it.
- Select the Disable option from the pop-up menu. It will turn off the Bluetooth service.
- Next, click on the Bluetooth device again and select the Enable option by right-clicking on it.
- Close the Device Manager window and check whether the Bluetooth device is working or not.
Method 4: Reboot in Safe Mode and Go Back to Normal Mode
You can fix the Bluetooth service problem by rebooting the device in Safe Mode and repair the internal file error. After that, you can reboot the device in Normal Mode.
- First, press the Windows key from the keyboard and type “msconfig” in the Cortana search box. Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to launch the Device Configuration window.
- Choose the Boot tab from the resultant window and select the Safe Boot by clicking on it.
- Now, let the PC reboot into Safe Mode. After restarting the PC in Safe Mode, the drivers should start installing automatically.
- Again, open the Device Configuration window by using the process discussed above. Now, uncheck the option that says “Safe Boot” and enable Normal Mode.
- Then, reboot the System in Normal Mode. After restarting, check whether the Windows 10 Bluetooth missing issue got fixed or not.
Method 5: Verify the Bluetooth Service Status
- First, hold the Windows key and press the R key from the keyboard to launch the Run application.
- Type “services.msc” in the Run dialog box and hit the OK button to launch the Windows Services page.
- Next, locate the Bluetooth Support Service from the services shown in the window.
- Now, double-click on that service icon and choose your Bluetooth device name from the sub-menu.
- Right-click on it and launch the Bluetooth Properties window by tapping on the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
- Make sure that the services are activated. Initiate the services by tapping on the Start button. Moreover, set the Startup Type as “Automatic”.
- After modifying the data in the Properties window, click on the Apply button and save the new changes.
- After that, exit from the page and click on the Settings from the Start menu.
- Then, double-tap on the Devices. Check whether the Bluetooth service is working or not.
Method 6: Reinstall the Bluetooth Driver
You can fix the Bluetooth installation error by disabling the driver and enabling it again. Make sure that you have installed the Bluetooth Driver with the latest version and it is compatible with the Windows PC.
- First, type “devmgmt” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- After that, choose the Bluetooth device from the list of services available in that window.
- Next, expand the Bluetooth and right-click on the device driver icon. Now, select Uninstall from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the YES button from the Confirmation dialog box and confirm the Bluetooth driver uninstallation process. Once done, it will show you the message, “Bluetooth Driver is removed successfully”.
- After removing the Bluetooth Driver successfully, again open the Device Manager window and right-click in the blank space of the window.
- Choose Scan For Hardware Changes option from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen. Your device will start to scan and show you a list of available hardware.
- After it comes across the Bluetooth hardware, it will start to install the default driver automatically.
- After finishing the installation process, go to the Device Manager window and open the Bluetooth Category again to enable it.
- Finally, close the Device Manager window and try to transfer the files to another device via Bluetooth and check whether the problem still persists or not.
Method 7: Update Bluetooth Driver
You can easily fix the outdated Bluetooth Driver problem by upgrading the driver to its latest version. It is an effective way to fix the problem.
- Type “devmgmt” in the search box and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to open the Device Manager window.
- In this window, you need to choose the Bluetooth Category and expand it.
- Next, select the Bluetooth hardware name and right-click on it.
- Then, click on Update Driver from the pop-up menu and confirm it by tapping the option saying “Driver is updated Automatically” from the next window.
- Hit the Next button and let the system to perform the Driver Update program automatically. It will take a few minutes to install the latest driver version.
- Once done, click on the Close button and exit from that window. Then, reboot the device in Normal Mode and try to run the Bluetooth service by enabling it to verify whether the Bluetooth toggle missing Windows 10 got fixed or not.
Wrapping it up
In this article, we have defined effective ways to fix the Windows 10 Bluetooth missing issue permanently. Moreover, we have analyzed the major reasons behind this problem with possible symptoms. So, we hope this content will be helpful to overcome this annoying issue without affecting other devices associated with the system.