A web page is slowing down your browser is a common problem for Mozilla Firefox users. There are various reasons which led to the occurrence of this error. One of the reasons might be that the overall speed of the internet connection is slow. It might also appear due to too much storage of cache and cookies data on your browser. If you are dealing with this kind of situation, then this guide is for you. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to fix your problem of slowing down the browser.
Some Effective Solutions to Fix a Web Page is Slowing Down your Browser Firefox Issue:
Here, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to fix your problem with a web page is slowing down your browser Firefox. Go through the steps that can help you to fix this issue.
Method 1: Turn off the Adobe Flash Protected Mode
If you are facing a web page is slowing down your browser Firefox Windows 10 issue, then you should try to turn off the Adobe flash protected mode. Here are the steps that can help you to do so.
- At first, you need to open the Mozilla Firefox browser in your system. To open it, double click on the Mozilla Firefox icon. Otherwise, you can search it from the Start menu.
- After, opening the Mozilla Firefox browser click on the Menu button that you can find from the top of the right-hand side of your browser’s window. Thereafter, click on the Add-Ons option.
- Then, find out the Plugins option from the right-hand side of your computer screen. After that, you should click on the options that appear next to the Shockwave Flash entry of the Adobe flash in your PC.
- After that, you will need to clear the checkmarks that you can find near to “Enable Adobe Flash protected mode” entry.
- Now, check if the problem is resolved or not.
For Windows 64- Bit Operating System Users
If you are using a Windows 64-bit operating system, then you should follow the steps that are written in the following part of the article. So, go through it.
- At first, you need to open the File Explorer and move on to the My Computer or open This PC option by pressing the Win key + E button both at the same time from your computer and follow the path
- If you are unable to find any folders, this means that the files are disabled from your system. If this happens, then you should enable it.
- After that, click on the View tab that you can find from the File Explorer menu. Then, select the Hidden items check box in the Show or Hide section.
- Thereafter, find out the file which is named as mms.cfg and right-click on it, then click on the Edit option. But, you can do it only if you have the administrative permission.
- If you did not find out the files, then go to the Flash folder and right-click anywhere on the screen. Then, select the New option and click on the Text File option. Thereafter, you need to save the file as mms.cfg and Save the type option as “All types.”
- In the next step, open the mms.cfg file and insert the following command in the bottom of the document: ProtectedMode
- Once you have completed the steps that are written in the above part of the article, then save the changes that you have made and close the Notepad. After that, wait for a few minutes and close the Firefox. Furthermore, check if a web page is slowing down your browser Firefox problem is fixed or not.
Method 2: Remove the Firefox Browsing Data
You can fix this problem by removing the Firefox browsing data. The steps which are mentioned in the below part of the article will help you to do so.
- At first, double click on the Mozilla Firefox browser to open it. Otherwise, you can search it from the Start button which is located at the bottom of the left side of your computer screen.
- After that, click on the Library button that you can find on the top of the right corner of your computer screen. Then, click on the History option, now go to the Clear Recent History option.
- Then, you will find different kinds of options to set and click on the Everything option from the appearing list.
- Now, select the shortest Browsing and Download History, Cookies, Cache and Active Logins. After that, click on the Clear Now option.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the procedure, then Restart your Mozilla Firefox browser.
Method 3: Update the Graphics Card Driver
Updating the graphics card driver also sometimes resolve a web page is slowing down your browser problem. If the steps are unknown to you, then follow the below part of the article.
At first, go to the Start menu which is located at the bottom of the left side of your computer screen. Then, type Device Manager in the appearing dialog box. After that, click on the Device Manager option from the appearing list of menu. You can use the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard and open the Run dialog box. Further, write down devmgmt.msc in the appearing dialog box and click on the OK button.
After that, the Device Manager window will appear on your screen. Then, open the Categories and this will help you to find out the device name. After that, right-click on it and click on the Update Driver option. Then, open the Display adapters category and right-click on the graphics card. Then, click on the Update Driver option.
Thereafter, click on the Update Driver option and choose Search automatically for updated driver software. Then, follow the instructed guided by the onscreen prompts.
Verify Firefox Video Settings
Once you have done with the steps that are written in the above part of the article, now you should verify your Firefox video settings. The following part of the article will help you to learn the steps on it.
- At first, you will need to open the Mozilla Firefox Browser in your system, double click on the Firefox icon from your desktop screen to open it. Otherwise, you can use the Start menu to open the Firefox browser.
- Thereafter, go to the Address bar and type the following address and hit the Enter button about:preferences#privacy
- Now, move your cursor to the bottom of the Window in the permission section. Then go to the General option and select the Performance and untick all the options.
Method 4: Turn off the Two Settings in about: config
If you failed to perform all the methods that we have mentioned in the previous part of the article, then you should try the steps that we have provided on the upcoming part of the article. Go through the steps which are described below.
At first, you need to open the Mozilla Firefox browser in your system by double-clicking on the Mozilla Firefox symbol from your desktop screen. You can also use the Start button to open it. After that, move on to the Address bar and type the following commands there. Then, hit the Enter button after the command about : config.
Then, look for the process Hang option from the search bar which is located at the top of the page. Here, you will find the two entries names which are “dom.ipc.processHangMonitor” and “dom.ipc.reportProcessHangs. Next, double click on both of the entries that change the status.
Once you are done with the steps that we have mentioned above, now check your system to see if the problem still persists.
Wrapping it Up
Hope, this article has helped you to fix your problem with a web page is slowing down your browser. If you have any more question regarding this topic, then you can comment us down to the comment section. In case, you fail to overcome this issue by performing the above steps, then you can also opt for a professional’s help to get rid of this error.