Isn’t it quite irritating or annoying when you adjust the volume and find that the icon is missing from the taskbar? So, if you are looking for solutions to get rid of this situation completely, then stick to this article. Here, we are going to provide all the effective tricks and tips that will surely help you to get rid of the volume icon missing problem. But before that, you have to aware of the factors that can lead to this error as identifying the exact cause will help you resolve the error in no time.
Know the Probable Factors Responsible for Volume Icon Missing Error:
There are various reasons responsible for the volume icon to be disappeared from the system. Hence, take a look below to know them.
1. Windows did not load properly:
At times, while working on Windows operating system things might go wrong especially during the loading process. And in case this is not responsible in the functioning of the operating system, it will ignore and start booting. Moreover, if the explorer doesn’t initiate properly, then the sound icon on the taskbar might fail to display.
2. Changed settings:
Two important settings are responsible for the display behavior of the sound icon. Hence, you have to be very careful while applying the settings.
3. Missing drivers or changed hardware:
While the booting process takes place, there are chances that windows might fail to load the sound drivers. As a result, you might notice that the volume icon missing from the taskbar.
Hopefully, now you are aware of the probable causes that might lead to this error. Hence, take the most necessary measures to remove the error without care.
Trusted Methods to Resolve Volume Icon Missing Windows 10 Issue:
Based on the reasons that we have described earlier, we are going to provide some of the proven solutions that will help you remove the error on the go. So, follow the methods exactly as instructed below.
Method 1: Change the Notification Area Settings
Perform the step-by-step guidance below to get the most fruitful results.
Step 1: The System icon should be turned on
- From the start menu, go to control panel option
- In the search box, type ‘Volume icon’
- Click on “Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar” from the results that appear under the title of Notification Area Icons
- Now, you will be redirected to the “turn system icons on and off” page.
- Search for the sound icon and ensure its behavior is set.
- Then, click on the OK button.
Step 2: Change sound icon display behavior
- From the start menu, locate the control panel option
- In the search box, type ‘Notification’
- Click on Notification Area Icons title from the appeared results.
- Now you are on “select which icons and notifications appear on the taskbar” page.
- Click on the sound icon and set the behavior option as ‘Show icons and notifications’.
- Lastly, click on OK.
In case you notice that even after applying the above method the problem still persists, then it indicates that something is still not loaded correctly. So, don’t stress and follow the next method.
Method 2: Restart the Explorer and the system tray
As we have already discussed that if the Explorer does not load properly, then also it might lead to volume icon missing issue. Hence, you have to reload the Explorer and the system tray to get rid of this problem successfully. So, follow the steps as stated below:
- Hold the Windows Key and Press R
- Type taskmgr.exe and then Click OK
- Click to highlight “explorer.exe“ in the Processes Tab
- Then on Windows 10, click “End Process” or “End Task”.
- Soon the desktop icons and taskbar and all the opened windows will disappear.
- Click on “File” > “New Task (Run)“
- Type “systray.exe“ in the Open box
- Now click OK
- Again, click on “File” > “New Task (Run)“
- Type “explorer.exe“ in the Open box
- Lastly, click OK again.
Method 3: Reinstall the Sound Drivers
This is another effective to make the sound icon display on your taskbar.
- To open Run, press Windows/Start Key + R together
- Press the Enter key and type hdwwiz.cpl to open the device manager
- You will find an unidentified device under Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click on it to select Update Driver software.
- Search automatically for the drivers and let it install.
- If you are unable to find the correct driver go to the website of your computer’s manufacturer and find the correct one.
- If you are prompted to restart your PC, reboot it.
Method 4: Restart your Computer
Restarting is another effective method to fix this error. This is because if Windows have missed something while loading, then it might load it while booting again. Therefore, simply follow the steps that are given below.
- Click on start option
- Select Restart from the shutdown options
The above-mentioned methods are effective and proven. Hence applying it in a proper way will surely help you to resolve the volume icon missing problem. In case you are still facing the error, then it is always wise to opt for a technician’s help.