“The audio service is not running” is nothing but a warning alert received by the Windows users which signifies that the service responsible for providing sound is stopped. Henceforth, you cannot restart it automatically. Majority of the Windows users experience this issue where the Sound icon is present in the taskbar. The root cause of this problem is the Windows Audio service. It either stops automatically or fails to start on its own when you reboot the device. Most of the users face this issue tries to avoid it through a simple restart. Although, this is not a perfect solution to this problem and rebooting this each and every time is not at all convenient. But, there are some suitable hacks to eradicate this error permanently. Therefore, go through this informative article to know about the effective hacks pertaining to the aforementioned issue.
Effective Hacks to Fix the Audio Service is Not Running Windows 10 Issue
Go through the underlying steps to know “how to fix audio service is not running Windows 10?”:
Fix 1: Start Windows Audio Services
- First, you need to press Windows key as well as the “R” key at the same time. Then, click Enter in order to open the Windows service list.
- You need to pinpoint the following services:
Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
Plug and Play
- After that, you need to ensure that the Startup Type is set to Automatic mode and after that, the service should run properly. Otherwise, you need to reboot all of them.
- If the Startup Type is not set to Automatic, then you need to double click the services. After that, you need to set them to Automatic inside the property window.
- Moreover, you need to ensure that the services are examined as misconfig.exe.
- Finally, reboot your P.C in order to make the unsaved changes.
Fix 2: Start the Windows Audio Components
- The first and foremost thing is to press Windows key as well as the “R” key. Then, you need to write “services.msc” in here.
- Moreover, you need to spot the Windows Audio Service. Next, double-click on it in order to open the properties.
- After that, you need to choose the Dependencies tab. Next, you need to expand the components listed This service depends on the following system components.
- Then, you have to ensure that each and every component is Started and Running in services.msc.
- Finally, reboot the Windows Audio services and then press Reboot in order to make the apply changes. Now, if you won’t able to resolve Windows 10 the audio service is not running issue, continue to follow the next method.
Fix 3: Uninstall the Sound Drivers
- First, move to the Registry Window present on the left pane. After that, you need to scan all the problems and then fix them.
- Next, you need to hold Windows Key as well as the R key at the same time. After that, enter devmgmt.msc and finally press Enter in order to open the Device Manager.
- Moreover, expand the sound, video as well as game controllers. Then, click on the sound device and after that choose Uninstall.
- You will receive a popup which signifies “ You are about to uninstall this device from your system”. Therefore, confirm it by pressing OK.
- Finally, move to the Action tab present in Device Manager Window. Now, press Scan for hardware changes.
- Eventually, you need to restart in order to make the changes.
Fix 4: Restore the Registry Key from the Anti-Virus
- The first step is to open the anti-virus. Then, you need to move to the virus vault.
- Moreover, right-click on Security system present in the system tray and choose View Recent History.
- Next, you need to choose Quarantine available in the Show drop-down menu.
- Now, look for Audio device which is present inside the Quarantine or virus vault search.
- Then, search for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENT CONTROL and if the registry key ends in:
- Finally, Restore them and Restart in order to apply the changes.
- Now, you have to examine whether the audio service is running or not. If the issue still persists, you have to repeat steps 1 and 2.
Fix 5: Change the Registry Key
- First, you need to press Windows key as well as R key at the same time. Then, write regedit and click on Enter in order to open the Registry Editor.
- Then, you need to follow the below path present in the Registry editor. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AudioEndPointBuilder\Parameters
- Now, you need to pinpoint ServiceDll. Here, if the value shows %SystemRoot%\System32\Audiosrv.dll, then that is the cause of this issue.
- Then, you need to replace the value with %SystemRoot%\System32\AudioEndPointBuilder.dll.
- Finally, reboot the P.C in order to apply the changes.
Fix 6: With the Help of Windows Troubleshooter
- In order to begin, open the control panel and write “troubleshooting” in the search box.
- Next, click on Troubleshooting in the search results. Then, choose Hardware and Sound.
- Also, click on Playing Audio present under the subcategory Sound.
- Press Advanced Options in the Playing Audio window. After that, you need to examine Apply repairs automatically and press Next.
- The troubleshooter will detect the issue and will tell whether you can resolve the audio service is not running issue.
- Finally, press Apply this fix and Reboot in order to make the unsaved changes.
You need to follow each and every step thoroughly as they are mentioned above. Therefore, you should go through the post in entirety to know the effective fixes pertaining to the audio service is not running issues. Moreover, you can refer the user guide to have a quick glance. If you have any new ideas to fix this disgusting issue, you can provide that in the form of comments in the comment section below.