Have you ever found that your PS4 keeps ejecting disc no matter if you have pressed the eject button or not? If and when this issue strikes, the PS4 itself removes the disk while playing or when you insert the Blu-ray Disc.
Usually, this problem comes up if the firmware has not been updated to the latest version. Sometimes, a damaged disc can also cause this problem on the system.
If you are also struggling with this issue and want to fix it quickly, then you can follow this article. Here, in this guide, we have come up with the most effective methods to fix when a PS4 disc keeps ejecting. So, go through this article and learn the fixes that can resolve this issue on your PS4.
PS4 Disc Ejecting Issue: Solutions to Try
If and when your PS4 keeps ejecting discs, you need to try the undermentioned methods to fix the error that you’re facing. The methods provided below are tested and can help you eliminate this issue immediately.
Method 1 – Remove the Rubber Footing
There is a problem with rubber footing can cause the PS4 to keep ejecting discs. So, you need to remove the rubber footing.
You will find the rubber footing under the eject key. You can simply remove this and fix this issue in on time.
Method 2 – Restart the PS4 System
Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve this issue. So, you need to try that out following these steps:
- Switch off the console by pressing the Power button.
- Next, disconnect the power cable for a few seconds.
- After a few seconds, connect the cable again and then switch it On by pressing the Power button. Then try to connect the disc to the PS4.
Method 3 – Checking the Disc
If the disc is damaged then also you might find that the PS4 keeps ejecting discs and is beeping. So, you need to make sure that proper care is taken of the disc.
Before using the disc, you need to clean the disc with a cloth. So, there are no fingerprint spots or scratches. After doing this, use the disc and check if the problem is still showing or not.
If yes, then the disc is damaged. So, you need to use another disc.
Method 4 – Update the Firmware
An older version of the firmware can also cause this problem on the system. So, for proper functioning, you have to update the firmware. Go through these steps:
- Switch on the PS4 console. Now you should see the Home screen.
- From that window, go to the Settings section.
- Choose the System software Update button from the Settings list. Now the system will check whether the firmware is up to date or not.
- If not, then you will get an option Update button to begin the update process. After completing the update process, install it properly.
Once the process is complete, restart the system and then try to use the disc and check if the problem still persists or not.
Method 5 – Manually Eject the Disc
This is another method to fix the issue. You need to manually eject the disc from the system. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- At first, press the Power button to switch off the system for at least 9 seconds.
- Disconnect the power cable and any other cables connected to the PS4 unit.
- Open on the system so that, you can see the PS Logo.
- Next, you need to go to the manual eject hole which is located at the right above the PS Logo and take off the sticky cap from that.
- Inject a screwdriver into the manual eject hole and turn it anti-clockwise in many turns to remove the disc.
- Connect the cables back into the system and press the power button to turn it on. After doing this, check if it works properly or not.
We hope, the above methods will be sufficient to fix the ps4 keeps ejecting disc issue. Apply these stepwise methods to get rid of this problem without any hassle.
However, if you face any problem while trying to apply the fixes, then you need to seek help from an expert for better assistance.