MS Excel is one of the most splendid applications for both office and business users that go weak at times and ends in Excel not responding issue.
This issue mainly occurs due to the technical faults or the wrecked Excel application.
Several users have reported this issue but thankfully, we got some effective solutions to troubleshoot this issue in no time.
So, if you are one of those unfortunate and looking for some premium solutions to eliminate this, then you can go through this article till the end.
In this content, we will explore all the root causes and effective solutions to eliminate this issue as early as possible.
Root Causes for Excel Not Responding Issue on Windows 10:
If you are encountering the Microsoft Excel not responding on Windows 10, then there are numerous factors behind this issue.
This issue mainly occurs due to the system’s junk files or corrupted files. If you have mistakenly deleted the office-related files from your computer, then it might also result in this issue.
If the MS Office suite goes corrupted or outdated, it can also result in MS Excel won’t respond properly issue.
However, we have provided here some excellent hacks to overcome this issue that we have discussed in the next section.
Premium Solutions to Overcome Excel Not Responding Windows 10 Issue:
Here we are presenting some excellent solutions to get escape from this MS Excel issue.
Method 1: Repair Excel from the Control Panel
We have stated above that due to the confliction between SMTP servers, you might get this issue. Thus, in order to get rid of this issue, you need to repair the Excel Service.
Listed below are some hacks to repair the Excel Service.
- Turn on the computer and open the Control Panel from the Windows settings.
- Now, locate the Programs and Features option from the left pane of the screen and click on that.
- After that, scroll down the list of applications and click on the Microsoft Office.
- Now, you can see the Change option on the top of the screen, click on that.
- Select the Repair option on the next screen and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait until the process is completed and then restart the Excel manually.
After performing all the above steps accurately, check if the Excel issue is fixed or not.
If the issue remains or the above method doesn’t act, try a different solution given below.
Method 2: Clean the System Junk and Temporary Files or Folders
Junk files and temporary files or folders are another prime cause for the startup issue on MS Excel.
Follow the steps cited below to clean up all the junk files from your Windows PC.
- At first, click on the Start button and type Command into the search pane to invoke the Command Prompt.
- Click on Yes when a confirmation dialog box asks you to open the Command box.
- After that, type “cleanmgr” into the Command box and tap the Enter key to invoke the Disk Cleanup Utility tool.
- When the Disk Cleanup starts calculating the disk space, click on the Yes to delete all those affected or temporary files.
Now, again restart the PC and see if the MS Excel issue is resolved. If the issue remains or the Excel still not responding, try another solution discussed below.
Method 3: Use the Windows System Restore to Undo the Recent Changes
If you have recently done something wrong with the MS Excel files, it will stop the whole unit to respond normally as earlier.
Therefore, use the Windows System Restore method to undo the recent system changes that you have made.
Follow the steps discussed below to accomplish the activity.
- Tap the Windows Start button in the beginning and type System Restore into the Search pane.
- Now, tap the Enter key to invoke the action and click on the System Restore option from the list.
- Enter the Administrative password if asked and follow the steps in the Wizard.
- At last, select a Restore Point and restore the computer manually.
Now, restart the computer and see if the issue is resolved or not. You can try one more solution if Excel is still not responding.
Method 4: Try MS Office Application Recovery on your Windows 10
MS Office application recovery is a handy tool in the Office Suite that allows the computer to recover the unsaved Excel life.
Follow the steps discussed below to launch the MS Office application recovery tool.
- Turn on the computer in the beginning and go to the Start bar on your Windows 10.
- Select the All Programs option from the Start bar and locate the MS Office tools.
- Click on that option and select the Recovery option from the bottom of the list.
- After that, select the application that is not responding and then click on the Recover Application option.
Wait until the task is over and then restart the computer to see if the MS Excel is now responding all good.
If still, Microsoft Excel is not responding, you can try another solution discussed below.
Method 5: Try Auto Recovery Option on your MS Office Suite
The AutoRecover is an in-built feature in the Office application that allows the computer to recover the files automatically in the event of an application not responding or the application crash.
Following are some steps given under to launch the Auto Recovery tools on your Windows 10.
- Launch the MS Excel application on your Windows and click on the File option from the very top of the screen.
- Select the Recent Tab from the record of the outcomes. Check the recently used Excel reports and find the exact one – unsaved Excel document.
- Agree on the Recover Unsaved Workbooks title and then a dialog box will prompt on the next screen.
- At last, click on the Save option to save the Excel document into a safe spot.
Now, restart the computer and see if the MS Excel is now responding as earlier. If the method fails or the issue still exists, try another solution below.
Method 6: Try Uninstall and Reinstall the Excel Service
If all the method fails or the Excel still not responding, then this might be happening either when the application goes corrupted or the damaged completely.
In that case, you need to reinstall the service back. Following are some hacks given under to do so.
- At first, turn on your computer and navigate to the Control Panel from the Start bar.
- After that, select the Add or Remove programs option from the list and click on the MS Office Professional Edition option.
- Now, select on the Uninstall option. Restart the computer manually to complete the task.
- Now, open a web browser and drive to the manufacturer’s website of the MS Office. From there, select the Download page.
- Select the OS version and all the information and click on the Download button below the screen.
- Select the Download and Install button. Then install the application manually after the download gets over.
After successfully installing the application, restart the computer and the Excel will respond normally as earlier.
Here we have shared all the pieces of information to fix the Excel not responding issue at the earliest.
Hope with the help of the above article, you get to know enough tricks that are beneficial enough to assist you on how to overcome this issue.
In case, the Excel still not responds on your Windows, then feel free to consult with an expert. They will undoubtedly assist you in resolving this issue permanently.