Video games are among the most common things that people use their computers for. As such, a lot of developments have been there to cater to this. Discord is among one of them, where gamer can stream live gaming to their respective audiences. And this is also one of the best services for such a task with every feature that one might need. But the thing is that Discord is not totally free of technical issues. Discord screen share not working, especially the audio part is one among them.
Many users of Discord have reported the Discord screen share sound not working. And if you are currently facing this issue as well, then, you do not have to worry about. The instructions here in this article will help you do just that.
The Reasons why you might be Facing Discord Screen Share not Working:
The issue of Discord screen share not working although is something that you will be able to fix by yourself. Still, it is not as straightforward as it might seem due to the complex nature of this software system.
If you just go headfirst with tweaking the device to fix this issue, it is going to be somewhat difficult. And you might unintentionally inflict some technical damage to this software in your system. Or as it is in a lot of cases the system itself.
The answer to that is to know why this issue is occurring in the first place. That way 2 min things are going to happen.
The first is that understanding and executing all the highly technical instructions will be much simpler for you. And with that, you will be able to carry out the instructions in a much easier way.
The second one is that you will be able to avoid all the unintentional damages to the system. Which you might have otherwise dealt if you did not know the possible reasons behind this issue.
In this section of this article, we are going to lay out all the possible reasons behind this issue. Go through this information carefully. As it is going to be of immense help to you for fixing the Discord screen share not working issue.
List of all the Technical Reasons
Here are the technicalities behind why you might be facing the Discord screen share not working issue.
- Audio Driver issues: Audio drivers are among the most vital things that ensure proper audio functionality of any software. It is the same case for Discord as well, and bad audio drivers can very well be the reason behind this particular issue.
- Issues with Other Applications: Discord might give technical issues if there are certain software in your system. That is due to the incompatibility that Discord has with different software. This might also be another reason why you are facing this audio issue from Discord.
- Issues if you have just started using Discord: If you have just started using this system the thing is that you might face some issues with stability. Many reports have come on this and might be the reason in your case. Especially if you have recently started using Discord.
- Hardware damage: In certain cases, it is a microphone or the speaker with your computer system with physical damage. It will very likely trigger this audio issue with Discord.
- No Administrative Access: Discord needs proper Administrative access in the system in order to function properly. If it does not have that, then that can very well lead to an audio issue like this.
So, now that we have covered the main reasons, it is time we take a look at the solutions to this.
How to Troubleshoot the Discord Screen Share not Working Step by Step?
In this section of the article, let us see how we will be able to fix this issue in the correct manner. But before that, we must mention that it is essential to identifiy the exact reason behind this issue.
Then you can go straight to the solution for that, as we have covered all of that. But if you do not have that information, then no problem at all.
Apply these solutions one after another and that will fix this issue once and for all.
Specifying your Current Activity on Discord
This software is capable of identifying which kind of operation you are carrying out with it. But this fails in some cases and that can trigger a whole host of issues.
The audio issue happens to be one of them and here is the fix for that –
- Open up Discord and in that window, go to the Settings option.
- Now that you are in the Settings window, look for the entry for Games around the left-hand side. Once you find it, click on it.
- Now in the window that appears, visit the Game Activity section and inside that, you can Add the particular application. The one with which the audio sharing is not occuring with the screen sharing.
After you have done this, you will be able to hear the audio from the streaming again. But if this somehow does not work, then go to the next solution step.
Audio Driver Reinstallation
Audio drivers are among the main software components responsible for the proper functioning of the system. In order to ensure proper function and to avoid issues like this, you will have to make sure you have the latest updates for this. Here is how to get that –
- Open up the Windows Run dialogue bow by pressing and holding on the Windows and the R key together.
- After that comes up, type in devmgmt.msc and then press the Enter key.
- This is going to bring up the Windows Device Manager window and in that, click to expand the Audio inputs and outputs, right-click.
- On the sound hardware option, right-click on it and choose the Uninstall Device option.
- Now on any random portion of the screen, do a right click and from the dropdown list that appears. Select the Scan for hardware changes option and that will make the system look for the latest driver updates in this category.
- Go to the necessary driver, right click on it and select the Update driver option to update the driver.
Since many a time, it is an out of date device driver that causes an issue like this. This solution might just be the one you need to fix this problem.
Give More Access to Discord
Discord, being the high-performance software that it is will need proper access to the various functional components of the system. If you are facing any audio issue with Discord, then granting proper access to this software can resolve the error. Here is how you can do that –
- Open up the Windows File Explorer and go the directory where the Discord installation is.
- Once you find it, right click on it and from the dropdown list select the Properties option.
- In the Properties window, click on the Compatibility tab. Within that tab, look for the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on the little checkbox right next to that option. Then finish by clicking on the Apply button to the bottom right.
This will grant administrator access to Discord and will very likely resolve this technical glitch.
Install Discord after Deleting
Sometimes, the software itself might somehow be under compromise and for that, you will have to fix it. You can do either of these two things depending on the case at hand. One is updating the software, and if not that then you will have to reinstall it.
To do any of these, here are the steps that you need to take –
- Open up the Run dialogue box by simultaneously pressing the Windows key and the R key.
- In the Run dialogue box now, type in appwiz.cpl and follow that up by pressing the Enter key.
- Now, the Application Manager window will appear and in that, look for Discord.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and from the dropdown list, choose the Uninstall option.
- After you have done that, Restart your computer and after the restart, visit the official Discord website.
- Download and install DIscord from there again.
In this new install, check whether the problem is still there or not.
Verify for Proper Audio Settings from Your Computer
Sometimes, any improper set of audio settings in your computer can cause this issue. So you will need to make sure that those settings are right. Here is how you can do that –
- Hit both the Windows key and the S key and in the dialogue box that will come up. Type in Microphone privacy settings which will bring up the microphone settings section.
- Enable the Allow apps to access your microphone setting form this window.
- Click on the Save button to save all the changes that you have made.
If this did not fix the issue, then go for the following instructions from here.
- In the same window, right-click on the Sounds option for which there is going to be an icon.
- Go to the Recording tab and click on the recording device which you have to. After that, click on the Enable option and then, Set as the default device.
- Click on the Save button to save all the changes you have made. Then restart the PC to activate that.
This will resolve this issue and you will be able to use the sound feature of Discord once again.