According to eMarketer, eight out of every ten US smartphone users watch mobile video. That is a total of 191 million people! All these views are generating income for an entire gamut of creators and marketers through video monetization platforms.
The video monetization industry has seen a significant rise in popularity over the last few years, with more and more people hosting videos on their websites. With this increased demand for video content, there are now many options available to monetize videos.
In this insightful article, we will be discussing what these platforms are and how they work so that you can make an informed decision about which one is best for you!
What is a video monetization platform?
Video monetization platforms are a technology that allows anyone to make money by hosting advertisements on their videos. These cost-per-impression (CPI) platforms are designed to help website owners and video producers profit without depending on expensive third-party advertising networks.
When using a video monetization platform, one uploads their videos to the site and then inserts ads into the videos. The video platforms themselves are not video hosting sites; they only provide the ads and allow you to insert them into your videos.
As a result, video monetization platforms can be used with any video site, such as YouTube on WordPress-based websites.
The benefits of using a video monetization platform
Video monetization platforms have the following advantages:
- They provide video producers with an alternative to third-party advertising networks.
- They are free to use.
- Every video producer is given an account on the site, and they’re in charge of all the video content they upload.
- It’s easy to use. All you have to do is choose which ads to insert, and you’re done.
- You can monetize your video content with a few clicks, and there are no complicated steps involved.
- They have an intuitive user interface that is easy for beginners to understand.
How to find the right video monetization partner for your business
The best video monetization platform for your needs is one that you can rely on to earn revenue. Here are some things to consider:
- The video management system needs to be easy for you to use, and the interface should make sense.
- You will need an ad network to help you make money off of your video content.
- The platform should be affordable – it’s hard enough making profits with video content, so you don’t want to spend too much money on the platform itself.
- The video management system should be able to integrate seamlessly with your site.
- The video management system should integrate seamlessly with your content marketing strategy, making it easy for you to promote your video content on your site and elsewhere.
- The platform should be compatible with a wide variety of devices, including desktop computers, smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs.
- The platform should be able to have multiple video monetization strategies, such as pre-roll ads or overlay ads.
The video monetization platform Vlogbox.com is an all-in-one solution designed to help you get the most out of your video content.
You can create, upload and manage videos from one location; track performance metrics with ease, including views, likes, and shares on Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte (VK), G+ or YouTube; and more.
Due to its partnership with Allroll, Vlogbox offers a wide variety of video monetization solutions, including CTV monetization.
The platform is compatible with all devices, so there’s no need to worry about your content not being seen by your audience wherever they are. It can also have multiple monetization strategies such as pre-roll ads or overlay ads – whichever best suits your needs!
How to use a video monetization platform and get started with it.
After deciding on a video platform, there are a few steps to take towards setting up your monetization strategy:
- Choose what content is appropriate for advertising: When choosing which videos will be eligible for ads on your site, make sure they align with your business objective. If someone clicks an ad, it will take them to the advertiser’s website or landing page.
- Determine how ads will appear: The exact placements of advertisements are up to your discretion, but you should place them while keeping in mind the goals of your site and content strategy. For example, if the goal is engagement on social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, placing ads in the sidebar or at the bottom of the video is appropriate.
- Determine how to monetize: There are two ways that videos can be monetized on your site – you could either use a third-party ad server, such as Google Ad Manager, or insert an HTML code for an advertiser’s video player.
The key is understanding the business objectives of your website and then making sure that video content on your site is optimized for that purpose.
Troubleshooting tips for when you’re not getting the results you want from your videos
Tip #1: Ensure that you are targeting the right keywords for your video content. The more specific these words or phrases are, the better chance they have to be found in search engines by viewers.
Tip #2: Consider researching the demographics of your target audience and then create video content that will most likely reach them, such as informative videos for teens or flashy commercials for young children.
Tip #3: Ensure you’re using tags specific to your niche topic when uploading video content, so it is easily found with related searches.
Tip #4: Be sure to share your video through social media and other related platforms.
Tip #5: Consider adding a link to the video on YouTube in any blog posts or press releases about your work.
Tip #6: Submit videos for inclusion on curated channels – for example, the TED Talks channel is dedicated only to educational topics and has hit over twenty million views.
Tip #7: Promote the video through a paid campaign on YouTube to reach more people.
All these tips will help you get the most out of video monetization and drive more revenue to your business.
Video monetization platforms are the future for content creators and brands. There is an abundance of options that can help anyone make money on their videos, from YouTube ads to sponsorships or even paid and free subscriptions.
Your platform of choice will differ based on what goals you’re seeking to accomplish and how much time you can dedicate to building up a following before your work becomes profitable.
Be sure that whatever platform you decide to use aligns with your overall marketing strategy.