Unable to connect to Nvidia GeForce Experience is the most general and frequent technical error that a lot of Windows users experience. Additionally, if you have an Nvidia graphics card and you might encounter an error notification whenever you try to utilize the GeForce Experience to upgrade the display driver. Then, don’t fret, luckily, there are some easy fixes that you can try to fix this error.
You may encounter this general error due to lots of reasons. To simply put, Nvidia GeForce Experience network services malfunctions and ends up at ‘Starting’ status. Because of this Nvidia GeForce Experience application fails to start accurately. It shows up the following error: ‘Nvidia GeForce Experience unable to connect. Try again later’.
Here are some effective troubleshooting hacks for you to try. You may not have to undertake all the troubleshooting hacks, just work your way down until you obtain the one that works for you.
GeForce Experience Unable to Connect to Nvidia: Generic Causes
Generally, it is very tough to determine any particular reason behind the “unable to connect to Nvidia GeForce Experience” error notification. But still, there are some common factors that may be the causes of this issue. Hence, take a glance at the prominent causes listed below.
- This issue may arise because of the outdated version of the Nvidia GeForce Experience application.
- The network service of Nvidia might not be responding.
- Nvidia GeForce Experience is unable to download the recommended driver in the system.
- This error notification may arise whenever the Nvidia GeForce Experience application is unable to connect to the Nvidia.
- Nvidia GeForce Experience server’s down.
- This error notification may appear because of the minor technical bugs within the system.
Now, you are aware of the generic causes for the Nvidia GeForce Experience unable to connect error notification. Thus, match the above points along with your current situation and identify the specific cause behind this general issue. Now, you just need the technical hacks to eradicate this issue.
Pick a Way to Fix the Nvidia GeForce Experience Unable to Connect Error
There are several methods to resolve this error, some of which are given below. All the fixes mentioned here are tested and tried and can assist you to eradicate this error within a flicker of time. Thus, without delaying too much, let’s get into the solutions directly.
Way 1: Verify the Nvidia Network Service
The Nvidia Network Service generally helps the driver panel to connect to the internet. In case, if somehow, the Nvidia network service stops, then there is a high chance that you will face this error notification. Thus, it is very crucial to check that the Nvidia network service is working accurately or not. To do it, follow the steps below:
- To get started, go to the Taskbar of the system. Write ‘services.msc’ in the search box of the taskbar.
- Next, tap on the OK button. Alternatively, you can press down the Enter key on the keyboard. This process will open the Services Manager of the system.
- Now, you need to locate the ‘Nvidia NetworkService Container’ service from the services manager.
- Double-click on the ‘Nvidia NetworkService Container’ service to invoke its Properties box.
- In the Properties box of the ‘Nvidia NetworkService Container’ service, ensure that the Service Status is displaying as “running”. In case, if it does not, then tap on the Start button.
- After that, hit the Ok button to save the changes that you have made.
Finally, check the Nvidia GeForce Experience application to verify that the issue is resolved or not. In case, the issue still endures then, you should move out to the next troubleshooting given below.
Way 2: Upgrade the Nvidia GeForce Experience Application
Generally, the Nvidia GeForce Experience is an application that updates Nvidia drivers from the official server. Moreover, there is a high chance that you may encounter this error notification if you are running an outdated version of Nvidia GeForce Experience on the system. To upgrade the Nvidia GeForce Experience application, go through the following stepwise guide:
- Go to the official website of the GeForce Experience. You can use any web browser to open the official website of the GeForce Experience.
- Now, find a button to download the newest version of the application. Once you click on the newest version of the application, the downloading process will start.
- This downloading process will take a few minutes to complete. Thus, be patient and wait until the entire downloading process completes.
- Once the downloading process is done, double-click on the downloaded file.
- Now, you need to follow the on-screen instructions and install the application.
After completing all the above-described steps, restart the system. Finally, check the Nvidia GeForce Experience application to verify that the issue is resolved or not. You should not perceive the error notification now. In case, if it pops up again, move to the next fix.
Way 3: Turn Off/Disable the Nvidia GeForce Experience Services
The reason for this technical error could be that the Nvidia GeForce Experience Network Service stuck in Starting status. Moreover, this error notification may occur because of the intermittent or poor connectivity in network and makes it impossible for you to download anything through the Nvidia GeForce Experience. To resolve it, follow the steps below:
- Press down the Windows logo key + R key together on the keyboard. This key combination will invoke the Run dialogue box.
- Go to the Run dialogue box and write ‘services.mscl’. Tap on the OK button. Alternatively, you can press down the Enter key.
- Press down the N key on the keyboard to faster locate Nvidia GeForce Experience Network Service.
- After that, you need to ensure that the status of the Nvidia GeForce Experience Network Service is ‘Starting’.
- Next, go to the ‘C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NetService\’. After that, delete the ‘NSManagedTasks.xml’, which should be XML doc type file.
In case, if you can not notice this file enlisted here, then you need to tap on the ‘Show hidden folders’ option.
Additional Steps if the file is missing-
Steps are as follows:
- At first, press the Windows logo key and at the same time press the X key on the keyboard. After that, tap on the Task Manager.
- Choose the Details tab in the Task Manager and “NVNetworkService.exe”. Next, tap on the End task option.
- Go back to the Services windows, tap on the Nvidia network Service and start it.
- After completing all the above-described steps, restart the system.
Now, your Nvidia GeForce Experience should be running accurately. In case, if the issue still continues then, you should move out to the next troubleshooting method.
Way 4: Update Nvidia Graphics Card Driver
In case, if the above-mentioned ways fail to resolve the error notification for you, then you need to look for an option to download and upgrade the Nvidia GeForce Experience graphics card driver. To update the Nvidia graphics card driver, follow the easy steps below:
1. Update the Nvidia graphics Card Driver Automatically
Follow the steps to update the driver automatically:
- Firstly, go to the Nvidia GeForce official website.
- Tap on the Download button, next to the Automatic Driver Updates option.
- Now, install the Nvidia GeForce Experience application.
- Next, launch automatic graphics driver updates. This process will recognize the latest version and download and install the latest Nvidia GeForce driver automatically.
In case, you are unable to perform the above steps to update the graphics card driver by this automatically means, then follow the below-stated steps to do it manually.
2. Update the Nvidia graphics Card Driver Manually
Follow the steps to update the driver manually:
- Firstly, go to the Nvidia GeForce official website. After that, go to the Drivers section of the website. Search for the Manual driver Search option.
- Now, you need to find your proper driver and select the ones that you want to download. Next, tap on the green button ‘Agree and download’ option.
- On your keyboard, press down the Windows logo key and the R key together to invoke the Run dialogue box.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the Run dialogue box. Tap on the OK button or press down the Enter key on the keyboard. Now, the Device Manager will open.
- Go to the display Driver option and select the Graphics Card option. Now, tap on the Graphics card option.
- Choose the ‘Update driver Software’ option, under the Graphics card option.
- At last, locate the graphics card driver that you have downloaded earlier. Now, follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver.
Way 5: Changing the Hosts File
Another solution, if you are still unable to connect to Nvidia GeForce Experience error, is to change the value of the localhost in your hosts’ file. Follow the steps below:
- On your keyboard, press down the Windows logo key + R key at the same time to open the Run dialogue box.
- Write ‘C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc’ in the Run dialogue box. Choose ‘Open with’ option.
- Now, choose the Notepad option from the available options and tap on the OK button.
- Next, locate and verify if the localhost has the value 0.0.0.0. If it is something like this ‘localhost = 0.0.0.0’. Then, you need to change it to the ‘localhost = 127.0.0.1’.
- Press down the Ctrl key and S key together on the keyboard to save the file. Lastly, close the file.
- Once all the above-described steps are complete, restart the system.
Hope with the help of the above-stated 5 troubleshooting hacks, you can easily eradicate the GeForce Experience unable to connect to Nvidia error, on your own. Moreover, this article assists non-tech-savvy person. Thus, you do not require any extra technical ideas to perform the above ways and steps. If you have any queries or you are still facing the error notification, then feel free to take experts assistance to fix this issue.