Netflix is one of the preferred online video streaming platforms that has become quite popular in recent years. It offers a platform where you can watch multiple movies, television series, music, and other streaming services. This platform works in a way, where a user can subscribe to the services (for one month or a year) that this website provides. Though this platform is quite user-friendly, even then you can encounter issues while accessing it. One such kind of error that you can encounter all of a sudden is Netflix error code: m7121-1331-p7. In this article, you will get the reasons for this error.
Causes Of Netflix Error Code: m7121-1331-p7
When you get this error then the following line will show up – ‘there was an unexpected error. please reload the page and try again. error code: m7121-1331-p7’. There can be multiple reasons due to which this error can occur. Some of the causes are given below.
- If the speed of your internet connection is slow, then you can face the given error.
- If the web browser does not support HTML5 or if it’s not enabled, then also you can encounter this problem while using Netflix.
- You can also get this issue if the extensions or add-ons present in Chrome have some kind of conflict with Netflix.
In the next section, you will get to see easy steps to troubleshoot the Netflix error code: m7121-1331-p7.
Simple Steps To Resolve Netflix Error Code: m7121-1331-p7
In the above section, you got to know what is the cause behind the Netflix error code: m7121-1331-p7. Go through the article to know the various steps that may help you to get rid of this error.
Inspect Speed Of Your Internet Connection
If you encounter Netflix error code: m7121-1331-p7, then it can occur due to the slow internet connection. Therefore, in order to get rid of this error, the easiest solution for you is to check the speed of your internet connection. In order to do that, you can either contact your ISP or simply visit a website that examines the speed of a network. For streaming any content on Netflix in high quality, you are required to have a 5MB speed per second or higher speed than that.
Use Web Browser That Supports HTML5
When the internet connection is working fine but despite that the given error pops up then, it is possible that your browser does not support HTML5. In order to stream a video seamlessly, Netflix requires a browser that supports HTML5. Almost all the popular web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox etc, is supported by HTML5. The best solution to free yourself from this problem is to download any compatible browser from the internet and install it.
Disable Extensions Installed In Within Google Chrome
Extensions are small programs that help users to extend the capacity of a web browser. In Google Chrome browser also you can get many necessary and unnecessary extensions that help in different ways. But, because of any corruption within an extension, you can get the Netflix error code m7121-1331-p7. So, the only solution to remove this error is to disable all the extensions that are present in the Chrome browser. For doing it, you need to follow the steps below.
- Open the Google Chrome browser then click and type in the address bar ‘chrome://extensions’ and hit ‘Enter’.
- A page with a name ‘Extensions’ will pop up. In that page, you can see the list of extensions installed.
- Go to an extension and move the toggle switch to the left and turn off that add-on. For every extension, repeat this process.
- After all the extensions are disabled, then restart your machine and then check if Netflix is working or not.
Remove Cookies, Cache Memory From Chrome
- Open the Google Chrome and click on ‘three vertical points’ to reveal a list of options. From that list, locate ‘History’ option, after that, again select ‘History’.
- In that page, select the ‘three vertical lines’ present on the left side of that page.
- From the left pane, choose a link ‘Clear browser data’. After that, a popup dialog box will appear, that has the same name. In it, go to the Basic’ tab, then choose the ‘Time range’.Next, on the left side of every option put a check mark in the following – ‘Browsing History’, ‘Cookies and site data’ at last ‘Cached images and files’. Now, tap on the ‘Clear data’ button to finish this task.
Uninstall & Re-Install Google Chrome
If you cannot resolve this issue, then you will have to first uninstall the Google Chrome and then reinstall it once again.
In the following subpart, you will see the steps to uninstall Google Chrome.
- First, hit the ‘Start Menu’. In the search area type in Control Panel from the search area select the option ‘Control Panel’ to open it.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ window select ‘Programs’ category. After that, from the new window select ‘Programs and Features’ option to remove programs from the machine.
- Within the new window, locate ‘Google Chrome’ from the list of applications that are installed in the PC.
- Now, right-click on ‘Google Chrome’, then from the popup box tap on ‘Uninstall’ to remove the program.
- In order to confirm this uninstallation process restart the machine.
In this part, you will see the steps to reinstall Google Chrome.
- At first, visit the Google Chrome website After that, look at the system architecture of your machine and download the correct version of this application.
- Now, after the download is complete, double-click on the setup file to execute it.
- Carefully go through the on-screen instructions and install it.
- After the installation of this application is over, restart your machine.
- Finally, try to access the Netflix website and see if the problem persists.
All the points that are provided in this section will certainly help you to get rid of – ‘there was an unexpected error. Reload the page and try again. error code: m7121-1331-p7’. Now, if you cannot rectify this issue even after following these steps, then post your queries and stay glued with this article.