Malwarebytes is one of the most leading antivirus softwares available in the global market. But in reality, despite being a popular one, it is not free from occasional glitches. Sometimes you may notice that Malwarebytes unable to connect the service. Well, if you have already faced this error also don’t know how to troubleshoot it then don’t worry, you are not alone. If you have already faced so and don’t know how to troubleshoot it then follow this article. It consists of several guidelines to fix the issue. But before focusing on that part at first let’s focus on the error as well as the causes and symptoms.
Why Malwarebytes Unable To Connect The Service Error?
Though Malwarebytes is one of the most popular antivirus support providers, you can encounter one of it’s a most frustrating inconvenience which is Malwarebytes unable to connect the service error. This error generally occurs at the beginning when you are trying to turn on this application. If you come across this error then don’t worry, using effective hacks you will be able to fix the issue on your own.
This frustrating error mostly occurs when you tap on the icon of the Malwarebytes and the circle starts rotating and you get an error message showing “Unable to Start. Unable to connect the service.” Due to several causes, you can encounter this error.
Potential Reasons To Encounter Malwarebytes Unable To Connect The Service Error
Due to several reasons, you can encounter this kind of error with your system. For instance-
- If you are using a corrupted version of Malwarebytes then you can encounter this error with your system.
- You can come across such errors while this program becomes outdated.
- Otherwise, you can encounter this error due to a virus attack.
- It also can happen that the Malwarebytes service is not working currently.
Though you can encounter this error due to several reasons, you can also fix the same.
Fixes For Malwarebytes Unable To Connect The Service Error
Here are some expert provided solutions using which you will be able to fix this issue on your own. Try to follow the method whichever looks convenient to you.
Method 1: Check Malwarebytes Services
You can encounter this error if Malwarebytes services stopped running in your device. In that case, try to follow the steps to know whether it is turned off or not.
- To access the list of running services on your PC, at first, click on the start button.
- In the search bar type “services.msc”.
- You will get several search results, from that part, choose the correct alternative.
- Find the Malwarebytes services from the list.
- Right-click on the services and click on Properties.
- Find the startup type option and change it to automatic to check whether any other settings have been enabled.
- If you notice that, the services are not running, then, click on Start until its status change to “Running”.
Well, in that case, you can encounter an error showing the following lines then you have to follow another method to resolve this particular message.
“Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer. Error 1079: The account specified for this service differs from the account specified for other services running in the same process.”
In this case, Open the Malwarebytes as described in the step by step guidance and perform the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Log On tab and click on the Browse button.
- Type your computer’s name under “Enter the object name to select” box.
- Now, click on Check Names, as this process will take some time, try to wait until it authenticates the name of your system.
- When it is done, Click OK to continue.
- You will be prompted to enter the administrative password in the box.
- Click OK to continue and close the window.
- Once done, go back to the Malwarebytes’ properties and click on Start.
After performing the steps, you will be able to fix the issue on your own. If not, then go to the next step mentioned below.
Method 2: Upgrade Malwarebytes
You can face this error if you are using an outdated version of Malwarebytes then you can encounter this error with your system. In case, if your virus gets out of date, as a result, you may encounter this error with your antivirus. In that case, go to the official website of Malwarebytes and install the latest version to get rid of this error.
Method 3: Reinstall Malwarebytes
As per some users, you can fix this issue, by reinstalling the Malwarebytes. So, if you won’t be able to fix this issue after performing this method, try to reinstall the software. In that case, if you have purchased the premium version of this software, then you have to know the way to retrieve the activation ID and the key of yours. You can check the official site to get the solution for this error. Besides that, you can also retrieve those data using the steps as follows:
- Go to the Start button and type the focus on the search bar.
- In the search bar type “regedit” and hit Enter to continue.
- Use the locations as per the PC architecture of yours.
Location for Windows x86 32-Bit
Location for Windows x64 64-Bit
Once you have completed the steps to retrieve your ID and key, then you can go for the removal process, using the steps mentioned below.
- Open Malwarebytes and go to the My Account and click on the option Deactivate.
- Go to the settings option and then focus on the Advanced Settings and make the box named “Enable self-protection module” be unchecked.
- Now, close this window.
- Reboot your device and uninstall the malware bytes from the site.
- Now, download the latest version of Malwarebytes from the official website and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
- Now, uncheck the box next to the trial version.
- Once the program opens, click on the ‘Activate’ button.
- Copy and paste the ID and Key which you have retrieved from your registry. Your license will automatically be activated.
Method 4: Fix Antivirus Issues
As per experts, you can encounter this kind of error with your Malwarebytes, due to the antivirus software you are using. In that case, try to fix this antivirus issue. In that case, try to follow the steps mentioned below:
- As per some users, you cannot face the same error if you use the Malwarebytes with MBAM feature instead of a single version of Malwarebytes.
- In that case, you can wait for a new patch to take care of these issues.
However, if you want Malwarebytes, then there is more than one version which you can try, in that case, try to follow the methods mentioned below.
- The most accurate thing you can perform with your Malwarebytes is that you can try to set an exemption of Malwarebytes antivirus in this antivirus program. But take a note that, it is easy to locate.
- Most of the users also complain that you may encounter this error due to your Windows antivirus tool.
- In that case, try to remove the error of the antivirus program you are using and try to run MBAM again.
If the error persists then try to run the Malwarebytes in safe mode.
Method 5: Run Malwarebytes In Safe Mode
You can also try to run this application in the safe mode to troubleshoot this issue. In that case, try to follow the instructions given below.
- Restart your computer.
- After restarting your computer, deactivate the safe mode and run the computer in “Safe Mode with Networking”. In this process, you will be able to use Malwarebytes in the safe mode.
In the safe mode only windows firewall works as the defender but if you want to use Malwarebytes, you need is to run the computer in “Safe Mode with Networking” mode to make your experience better. After this process, your job will be done.
After performing this process, hopefully, you will be able to fix this issue on your own. If this error persists then try to follow the next method given below with the help of which you will be able to fix this issue on your own. Simply try to follow the steps as follows.
Method 5: Uninstall MBAM in Safe Mode
If you won’t be able to fix this issue after using Malwarebytes in the safe mode then you can also try to uninstall this software in the safe mode. In that case, follow our guidelines. If you are not using Malwarebytes in Safe Mode then you won’t be able to perform these steps as described.
- In that case, Focus on the start button.
- Now, go to the search bar.
- In the search bar write “msconfig” and go to the Boot tab.
- In this boot tab, make the box against Safe boot option be checked and tap on the radio button next to the option, Minimal option.
- Tap on the OK to confirm and you will be able to restart your computer.
- After completing this step, your computer will start in the safe mode.
- Now, click on the settings from the gear icon placed in the start menu and go to the Apps.
- Locate MBAM on the list of installed apps and click on Uninstall option.
- Now, go to the msconfig again and disable the Safe boot option.
- After that, reinstall MBAM by downloading the latest version from their site.
After performing the whole action, you will be able to fix the issue on your own. Simply try to follow the steps sincerely.
Here, in this article, you have walked you through the process to fix the Malwarebytes failed to connect error. In that case, if you encounter any trouble or need any further guidance, you can simply post your comments. In the future, if you encounter any other trouble related to your system then stay glued with our website, you will get the troubleshooting posts as per your requirement.