Mac is one of the most preferable PCs from the house of Apple Inc. It became popular among the users, due to its salient features. Well, but despite being a well featured one, it is not free from the occasional glitches. Users can encounter more than one glitch while trying to use this computer. Sometimes, you might notice that Airplay not working on Mac. If you have already faced so, and don’t know how to overcome it, then try to go through with this article. It consists of several guidelines to fix this issue on a quick note. But before going on that part, let’s focus on the causes as well as the symptoms of the error then you will be walked through the solution part. So, let’s start with the symptoms first.
Symptoms While Encountering Airplay Not Working On Mac Error
This is a quite common error you can encounter while trying to use the Airplay facility from your Mac. In that case, your Mac fails to detect the device in which you want to Airplay. In some other cases, you can also encounter several other situations like-
- In your device, you cannot see AirPlay buttons/icons.
- In some cases, you will not be able to see your list of devices.
- You can face several inconveniences while playing the video, such as you see the video but you do not hear audio or you hear audio but you do not see the video.
- The video quality is very low.
- Unable to turn off mirroring.
Well, this kind of errors can occur due to several reasons. We have listed them in the next section.
Causes To Encounter Airplay Error On Your Mac
Due to more than one causes, you can encounter this kind of errors with your mac device. They are listed below.
- If you are using a device which is not compatible with the Airplay, then, in this case, you can encounter this error with your device.
- Otherwise, you can encounter such kind of errors with your device due to an error present in the firewall.
If you are facing this error, then don’t be frustrated. You are not alone. Several Mac users are facing the same error, you can fix it using several hacks.
Fixes For Airplay Not Working On Mac
You can fix this particular issue on your own, with the help of several hacks. In that case, try to follow the expert provided guidance mentioned below.
Method 1: Check Whether Your Mac Supports Airplay Or Not
You can encounter this trouble if your Mac cannot support the Airplay facility. In that case, try t check the compatibility using the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Apple menu
- Now, focus on the System Preferences
- Invoke in Displays
- You will be able to see an option named “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available”. If you cannot see this option, it means your device is not compatible with the Airplay facility.
If you are facing this error despite using a compatible Mac, then try to follow the next step to overcome this issue.
Method 2: Restart Your Mac
Once you encounter this error with your Mac device, then initially, try to restart your Mac device. Once your Mac boot into the GUI, try to check the status of the error. If it persists, then go for the next method given below.
Method 3: Check The Network Connection
If you’re facing this error, then it can be possible that your Mac is not in the same network as your Apple TV. In that case, try to perform the steps as follows:
- In your Apple TV, invoke the Settings.
- Go to the Network option.
- In your Mac, find and click on the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar.
- You will be able to see the name of the network connection on your device.
- If you noticed that, your devices are not connected in the same network, despite that, you are facing this error then try the next method given below. Also if you see both of devices are not connected in the same network, then try to connect them in the same network. If this error still persists after connecting your device then focus on the next method given below.
Method 4: Update The Apple TV
You can also encounter this error if you are using an outdated version of your Apple TV, then you can encounter this error with your device. In that case, try to update this device using the method mentioned below.
- In your Apple TV go to the settings.
- Now, invoke in the settings.
- After that, go to the system option.
- Find and click on the Software Updates.
- Tap on the Update Software to confirm the updation process. Once you complete the update process, restart your device.
If this error persists then go for the next method given below.
Method 5: Work On Mac Firewall Settings
You can also encounter this error due to incorrect settings of your Firewall. In that case, try to fix this issue on your own, using the following steps mentioned below.
- Open the Apple menu.
- Go to the System Preferences
- Now, focus on the Security & Privacy
- Click on the Firewall tab
- Now, click on the Lock icon to make the changes in the settings
- Enter your password
- Now, click Firewall options and then make the box unchecked against “Block all incoming connections” and check “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections”, then click OK to continue.
After performing these steps you will be surely able to fix this issue on your own. You can also use some common actions to fix this issue.
Other Common Hacks
You can also use some common hacks to fix this issue. In that case, you can restart your Router. If you are facing any issues while streaming audio, then you have to adjust the display settings on your TV. You can also restart your Apple TV in that case. This time you will be surely able to fix this issue on your own.
In this article, you have walked through the process to fix the Airplay not working on Mac. In that case. If you encounter any trouble or you need any further guidance, you can simply leave a comment in the comment section. In the future, if you encounter any other trouble related to your system then stay glued with our website, you will get the troubleshooting posts as per your requirement.