Usually, the error code 0xc00007b appears with the notification ‘the application was unable to start correctly.’ Users encounter this error while trying to open the DirectX game or this type of apps. The most common reason for this error is an incompatibility issue between the 64-bit applications and 32-bit application with the system. It means when an application of 32-bit tries to interact with a system of 64-bit, then you will get this error notification.
If you are also facing the same error for the first time, then you have arrived at the right place. Here, in this article, we are going to present some possible solutions which can help you to fix this issue. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below. So, let’s start.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix the Application was Unable to Start Correctly (0xc00007b)
Whatever the reasons behind the error code 0xc00007b, you need to fix it immediately to make your computer function in a proper way. Now, you need to stick to the methods given below:
Procedure 1: Reboot the System
If anything is going wrong in the system, then you might face the ‘the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b).’ Before going to try any other complicated solution, first, you should restart the system to check if it can fix the issue. A simple restart of the system can solve this issue. After restarting the system, if you see that the error persists then move on to the further solutions.
Procedure 2: Reinstall the App
When you face the ‘application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b’ issue, then you should try to run the application with administrator privileges. To perform this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to right-click on the app that you wish to open.
- Go to the Properties.
- Look at the upper left side of the screen. There you will see the Compatibility tab. Tap on it.
- Now, check the box that prompts ‘Run this program as an administrator.’
- Then, tap on the OK button.
After that, you have to try to run the application to check whether the error code 0xc00007b is fixed or not. If the error persists, then you should take a glance at the next solution.
Procedure 3: Install the Latest Version of Microsoft .Net Framework
Sometimes, the error message ‘the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b’ also results due to the problems of the Microsoft .NET framework. The .NET framework is a framework designed by Microsoft that supports apps using .Net technologies. You need to reinstall it to fix this issue.
Microsoft .NET framework is an essential part of the Windows 10 or 8. You cannot reinstall or remove it manually. Hence, you need to visit the Microsoft website. Then, reinstall it by following the on-screen guidance.
If you are using Windows 7 Operating System or its earlier versions, then you should perform the steps as follows:
- At first, you have to hit the R and Windows keys both at the same time from the keyboard to invoke the Run Command box. Then, ‘control’ in the Run box and tap on the OK button. Or, if you prefer you can also hit the Enter.
- As a result, it will open the Control Panel. Scroll down the to search the ‘Programs and Features’ option. Tap on it.
- A click on each file opens with ‘Microsoft .NET.’ tap on the Change/Uninstall. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to remove these files from the system.
- After that, you have to navigate to the MS .NET Framework and download and install the MS .NET Framework.
Now, try to open the application to check whether the error has been resolved or not. If the error persists, then go to the methods discussed further.
Procedure 5: Reinstall the Redistributable Packages of Microsoft Visual C++
MS Visual C++ Redistributable Package is a runtime element required to run several apps. The files of the MS Visual C++ Redistributable Package damaged due to several causes. And, it can also cause the error code 0xc000007b. To fix this, you should perform the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to move the cursor to the bottom-left corner of the screen and tap on the Start menu.
- Then, type ‘Control Panel’ in the search field and tap on the search result.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Programs and Features’ section.
- Uninstall all the items using the name of ‘Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.’
- Then, go to the official website of Microsoft. Now, download and install the MS Visual C++ Redistributable Packages.
After completing this process, you should attempt to open an app to check whether the error is fixed or not. If you see that the error still appears, then navigate to the section stated below.
Procedure 6: Update the Windows
According to some users, they have fixed this issue by updating their Operating System. Furthermore, there are some in-built programs and features in Windows such as .NET Framework, DirectX and so many more.
During the process, these programs will also get updated. Hence, you need to update the Operating System to check if it helps you to solve the error code 0xc000007b.
Procedure 7: Check Disk for Error
According to some users, the error 0xc000007b might be fixed easily by running a disk check. Here’s how to perform it:
- At first, you have to navigate to the This PC or Computer.
- Then, right-click on the C drive.
- Tap on the option ‘Properties’ from the list.
- Tap on the ‘Check Now’ option by going to the Tools tab.
- Now, you have to wait until the scanning procedure is complete. If it finds any errors, then it will solve that automatically.
- After finishing this process you need to restart the system.
After that, try to relaunch the application or software to check whether it is working or not. If the error persists, then move on to the further solution.
Procedure 8: Use Command Prompt
Using Command Prompt, you can also fix ‘the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b’ issue. To perform this, you need to stick to the steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to navigate to the Start menu,
- Then, type ‘cmd’ in the search bar.
- Right-click on the Command prompt.
- Choose the, ‘Run as Administrator’ option from the list to run the Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Type the command ‘c: /f /r’ on the Command Prompt window.
- Hit Enter from the keyboard to run the command.
If you are using more than one partition on your computer, then you need to change the partition entered on the command. Then, hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
Procedure 9: Run the Application with Compatibility Mode
As the incompatibility is the main reason behind the error, you should try to run the apps using the compatibility mode. To run this, you should perform the steps as follows:
- At first, go to the app icon that is showing the error. Right-click on it.
- Choose the option ‘Properties’ from the list.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Tick the box that prompts ‘Run this program in compatibility mode.’
- Look at the upper left corner of the screen and tap on the drop-down menu.
- Then, you need to choose the previous version of the Windows Operating System.
- After that, tap on the Apply button and then click on OK.
After performing the above steps, check whether the error is resolved or not. If the issue persists, then perform the next procedure.
Procedure 10: Verify the Integrity of the System Files
After performing all the solutions given above, you should verify the integrity of your system files to check if it can fix ‘the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)’ issue. To verify this, you need to stick to the steps as follows:
- At first, go to the Start menu.
- Open Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Type the command ‘sfc/scannow’ and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command. Now, the System File Checker started to check the system files as well as repair the damaged system files automatically.
- After running this process, if you will see the ‘Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files’, then you need to run the commands given below:
1st: dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
2nd: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Hit the Enter key from the keyboard to run the command.
- After that, you have to restart the system to save the changes.
Now, you should try to invoke the application to check whether the error is resolved.
In the above post, we have provided some of the easiest fixes to troubleshoot the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). It is our hope that if you perform the above-mentioned methods in their given order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this error.
After implementing the above steps in a proper way, if you are still not able to fix the error, or facing any other kind of trouble, then you need to contact a professional expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this guide.