Svchost.exe high CPU is a very common problem often encountered by Windows users. Svchost.exe is a window which is located in the C:\Windows\System32. Without Svchost.exe, you cannot run the windows. The problem mainly appears at a time when the programs that are used by svchost.exe fails to free up the memory space. One of the major reasons behind this error is the extreme usage of RAM by svchost.exe. If you are dealing with this kind of situation, then this guide is for you. Here, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to fix this problem.
Effective Solutions on How to Overcome Svchost.exe High CPU Usage Issue:
Here, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to fix your problem with svchost.exe high CPU usage. Go through the steps that are written in the following part of the article to resolve the issue on your own.
Method 1: Disable the Svchost.exe Service
If you are in trouble with svchost.exe high CPU Windows 10 problem, then you should disable the svchost.exe services because sometimes, the problem might appear due to the corrupted svchost.exe services. So, you should try the steps that are mentioned in the following part of the article.
- At first, go to the bottom of your computer screen and right-click on the Taskbar. Then, click on the Task Manager option.
- After that, click on the Details option and right-click on the svchost.exe that uses high CPU. Then, click on the Go to service option.
- Thereafter, move on to the window that runs the highlighted services, which is located under the svchost.exe process.
- At the next step, you need to right-click on one of the processes from the appearing window. Then, click on the Stop button.
- Then, you will need to repeat the same step until you find out the defective process. After finding the corrupted service, you need to click on the Open Services button, then move on to the Service window.
- Now, right-click on any one of the listed Windows services, and then click on the Properties option.
- Once you are done with the steps that we have mentioned in the above part of the article, then switch the Startup Type, then click on the OK button to disable it.
Method 2: Clear the Event Viewer Log
You can get rid of this issue by clearing the event viewer log. The steps which are followed by will help you to do so.
- At first, you need to press the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard. This will open the Run dialog box on your computer screen. Then, write down “eventvwr” in the appearing dialog box and hit the Enter button.
- After that, move your cursor to the left-hand side of your computer screen and click on the Application option which is located under the Windows logo.
- Then, click on the Clear Log option from the right-hand side of your computer screen.
- Thereafter, you will need to repeat the same task to remove the Security, Setup and System logs and restart your computer.
Method 3: Fix Windows Updates Issues
Sometimes, the problem might appear due to the problem with Windows update issues. So, if you are facing the problem with svchost.exe high CPU usage, then you should fix the problems of Windows updates. Here are the steps that can help you to fix this particular problem.
- At first, press the Win key + R button both at the same time from your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- After that, write down “services.msc” in the appearing dialog box and hit the Enter button.
- Thereafter, you need to right-click on the Windows Update option, then click on the Stop button.
- Then, move on to the This PC option, then click on the Local Disk (C:) and click on the Windows option. Now, remove the Software Distribution folder and Restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 4: Scan the Computer for Viruses
The problem with a high CPU usage of svchost.exe services might also occur due to virus affection. In the next part of the article, we will discuss the steps that can help you to scan the system. Therefore, go through the steps provided below:
- At first, move on to the Start menu which is located at the bottom of the left corner of your computer screen. Then, click on the Settings option from the Start menu.
- After that, a new Window will appear on your screen. Now, click on the Update and Security option.
- Then, click on the Virus and threat protection option.
- Thereafter, you need to choose the Scan option or you can even select the Run a new advanced scan option from the earlier window.
- At the next step, click on the Custom scan option, then click on the Scan now button. Now, check if the problem is resolved or not
Through this article, we have tried to provide you all the possible solutions that can help you to resolve the problem with svchost.exe high CPU. If you have any more questions regarding this topic, then you can comment us in our comment section.