Spectrum remote contains programmable keys using which you will be able to turn on more than one device. In some cases, it can also control consoles. But in reality, it is not free from technical flaws. Users of it often notice their Spectrum Remote is not working.
This particular error occurs due to a few reasons. First of all, it can occur if you are using a remote control whose antenna is broken. Besides that, if you have not set your remote control correctly then also you can get this error with your remote control. Moreover, if you have not paired your remote control correctly, even then you can encounter this issue with your remote control.
If you are facing such an issue, then follow this article. This article is aimed to provide a complete guide to resolve this glitch on your own. So, read on and learn more.
Fixing Spectrum Remote Not Working
Undermentioned are some effective methods. Once you perfectly utilize them, you will be able to eliminate this issue and will increase the durability of your Spectrum remote. So, try to follow the steps accordingly and reach the solution without any hassle.
Method 1: Change The Battery
Using an outdated battery can cause this error. So, if you notice your Spectrum Remote is not working, the first thing which you can do is to change the battery which you are using currently. Try to use a brand new battery instead of the old one and check whether your remote control works fine or not.
In case you notice this error persists, try to follow the next method.
Method 2: Power Cycle the Setup
It can also happen that this issue is not occurring due to a glitch present in the remote control, instead, the glitch may be of the entire system. To resolve, try to perform a power cycle with the full setup. In order to perform a full setup, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, turn off each and every device in the setup using the Power button.
- Now, remove the power cables of the devices you are using.
- Next, tap and hold the Power button for a few seconds. This will ensure that everything has been removed in a proper manner.
- Now, remove the batteries of the Spectrum remote and wait for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Now, press and hold the power button for some time with the batteries still unplugged.
- Wait until the whole setup process completes.
- Now, put the batteries back and turn on the setup.
When you are done with the steps provided, try to use the Spectrum remote. In case you notice this method resolves the issue, then it’s ok. However, if the error persists, try to follow the next method.
Method 3: Enable the Control of Your TV
While trying to use Spectrum remote, if you notice that the controlling of the TV is not enabled then also you can encounter this error. So, you need to enable the control using the steps provided below.
- At first, click on the Menu button situated on your Spectrum remote to make sure that the box which you want to repair is turned on.
- Now, try to use the arrow keys of the remote control to navigate to the Settings & Support option against the remote.
- Now, press the OK button or Enter key in order to open it.
- In the support, use the arrow keys in order to navigate to the Remote Control.
- After that, choose the option Connect Remote to TV. When you notice the next screen pops up, click on the Connect to TV option.
- Now, you will see the list of most popular TV brands will pop up there. In case you don’t see your TV in the list, you can go ahead and click on the button next to View All.
- After that, you will find a new screen will pop up and on this screen, all the TVs will be listed. Choose the TV you are currently using and tap on the OK button.
Now, follow the onscreen instructions, and after that, you will be able to control your TV from the Spectrum remote, without any hassle.
Method 4: Switch Between Cable and TV
You can also switch between cable and TV in order to resolve this error. In order to take remote control on other devices, all you need to do is press a combination of keys on the remote. In this situation, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, press and hold the CBL button at the top right corner of the remote control device which you are using and then press and hold the OK/SEL button which is situated at the middle part of it. Now, release them both.
- Now, you will find the CBL will become illuminated and will stay the same way. After that, you need to press the Volume down button once and then tap on the TV. Now, you will be able to see the CBL button will start flashing again.
- Now, press the volume down key.
- From this time whenever you use channel or volume buttons, it will transmit it to TV instead of the cable.
Method 5: Remove Spectrum Remote
You can also remove the Spectrum remote, in order to fix this error. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- Initially, press and hold down the TV button.
- While holding the TV button, you need to press the Ok button for a short time span and then release both of them at the same time.
- Now, you will see all of the three buttons will flash and the TV button will light up.
- Next, you need to tap and hold the Delete button.
- Now, the TV button will start blinking and will be turned off.
- After that, your TV remote will reset to the factory settings.
Once you are done with the previous steps, you need to repair it by the RF2IR converter.
- Firstly, eliminate the RF2IR converter from the set-top box you are using currently.
- Next, tap and hold the Find button for a short time span.
- After that, while holding the Find button, you need to insert the RF2IR converter once again to the set-top box.
- Next, try to release the Find button which will delete the old paring code.
- Now, you need to take the remote closer to the set-top box and tap on any of the key situated the remote. In this way, you will be able to pair it with the RF2IR converter.
- When you see the pairing is successful, press the Find key situated in the RF2IR converter.
This process will make the remote sound to play and it will start functioning again.
Summing it Up
These are some effective methods to resolve an inoperative Spectrum remote. Follow the methods provided until you are able to fix this issue. If you have any further queries related to the steps provided, you can leave that in the comment box. You can also contact a professional expert to avoid performing troubleshooting procedures on your own.