Generally, users prefer full-screen mode the most while playing games or watching videos. And in this case, you might want to hide the taskbar which will gradually provide you with a better experience and prevent you from all kinds of distraction. So if you are also encountering solved taskbar not hiding then this article is your savior. Here, we are going to discuss various effective measures will help you to hide the taskbar easily.
Probable Causes for Taskbar Not Hiding
This is important to understand why Windows 10 taskbar not hiding. There are some common reasons due to which the Taskbar won’t hide. So to make your task easier, we have mentioned some reasons below:
- In case you enable the auto-hide feature, the application will be hidden until the time you change that.
- In case the background apps have an icon on the system tray you may face this trouble.
- This problem mostly happens with Window 8 and the earlier version.
Try Out the Amazing Solution for Taskbar Not Hiding
There are some easy and simple solutions which can help you to hide the taskbar effectively. Therefore, go through the methods that are given below to get the most fruitful results.
Method 1: Restart The Windows File Explorer
One of the easy ways to resolve the issue is by restarting your Windows File Explorer. And to do that you need to follow the steps stated below:
- Press the Ctrl key, Shift key, and Esc key together in order to open the Task Manager. Right-click on the Taskbar and after that select Task Manager or Start Task Manager.
- Under the process option, you need to select Windows Explorer.
- Once you click on the Restart option. Once the Windows File Explorer restarted the problem will be resolved.
Method 2: Use F11 Keyboard Shortcut
Another effective way to hide the taskbar is by using the F11 shortcut key. Therefore, simply press the F11 key on your keyboard and the window of the app will turn into the fullscreen mode. This shortcut will work on all the Windows versions. But on some keyboards, you need to press Fn key and the F11 key together. So it depends on your keyboard layout or the model of your PC.
Method 3: Check Group Policy Setting
If the group policy is not correct you might be unable to hide the taskbar. There is some sort of series of Taskbar related characteristics which can be set up in the Group Policy Editor. To correct this you need to follow the below steps;
- First, click on the Start option. At the bottom of the menu, you will get to an empty space where you can type in. Type gpedit.msc and then hit the Enter button through the keyboard.
- A Local Group Policy Editor window will come up on your computer screen. Navigate to the configuration and click on that. After that, it gets expanded and you have to click on the Administrative Templates and then click on the Menu and Taskbar.
- You should lock all the taskbar setting option. At the same time, you need to turn off all the balloon notification.
- You should close the automatic promotion of notification icon to the taskbar.
Method 4: Command Line Prompt
You can also use this Command Prompt in order to fix this issue. And to perform the task follow as instructed below:
- Press the Windows logo key and the letter R key at the same time.
- You will get to see a small run box will pop up on your computer screen. There will be a white panel where you can type anything.
- Type cmd through the panel and then hit the Enter button. A black window will come up on your computer screen.
- Now you have to type Taskkill /im explorer.exe/f. Then type explorer and the Exit.
Method 5: Verify the Taskbar Settings
At times, when your Windows system gets upgraded you might face this issue. So it is better to verify the taskbar settings in order to fix this problem. Hence, go through the steps that are given below:
- You have to right-click on an empty space on the Taskbar. A menu will pop up where you need to select the Settings option.
- A small setting window will come up on your computer screen. There will be a two taskbar option Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode and Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode.
- You can toggle with these options when the taskbar stays hidden. In order to get the Taskbar on your device screen, you have to move the cursor to the bottom of your screen and you will get to see the Taskbar. In case you are using the Tablet, you should select the second option. You will get to see the Taskbar only when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- For Window 8 or 7 right click on the Taskbar and then select the Properties. After that select Auto-hide the taskbar under the Taskbar tab.
So far we get a perfect picture of why this Taskbar won’t hide in fullscreen. The above-mentioned troubleshooting steps will help you to get out of this problem in the best way possible.