The middle mouse button not working issue on Windows 10 is one of the most unexpected issues that occur either due hardware or software faults.
This issue is one of the most annoying issues as it stops the mouse to work or responds normally.
There are several users who are still confused with this matter and have reported against this matter. But thankfully, we got some brilliant hacks to settle this circumstance.
So, if you are wondering for some permanent solution to get back your mouse in working state as new, then you have arrived at the perfect place.
In this content, we will explore all the effective solutions to resolve this issue permanently as soon as possible.
Effective Methods to Repair Middle Mouse Button not Working Issue on Windows 10:
Here we are presenting all the excellent solutions to resolve the middle mouse button is not working in Windows 10 in no time.
You can apply either of these solutions or all the solutions until you get back the mouse in working state as brand-new.
Method 1: Uninstall the Third-Party Applications from Control Panel
Sometimes, the third-party application causes this mouse middle button stopped working issue.
Follow the steps mentioned under to delete the third-party applications from the Control Panel.
- At first, tap the Windows Start key from the bottom-left edge of the screen.
- Now, type Control Panel into the Search panel and tap the Enter key to open the action.
- After that, drive to the System and Security option from the top of the search results and click on Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Now, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On or Off title from the left window pane and Turn Off the point.
- After that, click on the Save option from the bottom of the screen and simply close all the tabs.
After successfully uninstalling all the third-party application from the Control Panel, restart the computer as usual and see if the issue is resolved or not.
If the problem still continues or the middle mouse button still not working, try another solution listed below.
Method 2: Reset all the Windows Update Components on your PC
If the above method doesn’t work, then there might be some issues with the Windows Update components on your PC.
Sometimes, the Update components setting changes due to several reasons which are another cause for mouse not working issue on Windows 10.
Hence, go through the below steps to reset all the components and eliminate this error.
- At first, turn on your computer and invoke the Run Command box by pressing the Windows + R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, write cmd into the Cortana Search bar and tap the Enter key or click on the OK button to begin the operation.
- After that, choose the Run as Administrator option and type the input “net stop wuauserv” into the box.
- Tap the Enter key after inputting the above command and do the same for all the components.
- Click on OK when you are done and simply click on Save button to save the changes that you have made.
After completing all the above steps successfully, close all the Command Prompt box and restart the computer manually.
Now, notice if the middle mouse button not working Windows 10 issue gets fixed. If still, the mouse is not working, try the next solution listed below.
Method 3: Disable the Mouse Extensions on your Windows
An extension is an in-built plugin that acts problematic at sometimes and results in the middle mouse button not working on your Windows system.
Here are some steps which you can try to disable the mouse extension feature on your Windows.
- At first, launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer and type the “chrome://extensions” into the search pane.
- On the next page, you can see all the extensions listed in a table. Right-click on the first title and select the Disable option.
- At last, do the same for all the extensions and simply close all the tabs when you are done.
Now, restart the computer and see if the mouse is working all good as new. If the issue still persists or the above method fails, try the next solution listed below.
Method 4: Reinstall the Mouse Drivers from Device Manager
If none of the above methods acts, you need to reinstall the mouse drivers to resolve this error.
Sometimes, by using the outdated driver or the corrupted mouse driver, you can easily stop the mouse to work normally.
Hence, apply the methods stated below to sort out this issue on your Windows PC.
- At first, open the Run Command box by tapping the Windows+R key and type “devmgmt.msc” into the search pane.
- After that, tap the Enter button to invoke the action and then expand the Mouse and other Pointing Devices section.
- Right-click the mouse option from the top of the search results and select the Uninstall option to proceed next.
- After that, click on the OK button to remove the mouse driver completely from your Windows.
- Now, unplug the mouse from the computer and restart the computer. Thus, the mouse driver will be installed automatically after you insert the mouse plug back into your device.
Now, see if the mouse is working normally and the middle mouse button not working Windows 10 issue gets resolved.
In The End
We have described all the effective methods to resolve the middle mouse button not working issue in minutes.
Hope the above article was beneficial enough to assist you in how to resolve if the middle of the mouse button is not working on Windows 10.
In case, the issue still exists or all the above methods fail, then there might be some other issues or the hardware faults. In that case, you can replace your mouse with a newer one.