Most of the Dell laptop users may abruptly find that Dell laptop battery not charging issue appears without any prior notice. There might driver related problem which can be the prime cause for this issue. This is one of the annoying troubles, as you won’t be able to use your Dell Laptop without an AC adapter. Here are some simple tips which will help you to fix this issue. Have a look at this article, to know about the reasons which are responsible for this Dell laptop plugged in not charging.
Why Dell laptop Won’t Charge?
Dell laptop plugged in not charging Windows 10 can be caused due to various reasons. These are given below:
- If you are using a faulty charging board or a faulty adaptor then, Dell laptop won’t charge.
- There might be some problem within BIOS segment.
- There might be some issue with the AC power socket.
Solutions for Dell Laptop Battery Not Charging
Read the following section, to learn some easy and most applicable solution, in order to fix your Dell laptop not charging issue.
Update the Driver
If the drivers are backdated, you may face this trouble. To resolve this issue, you need to update your laptop’s drivers. And, to do that you need to follow the steps given below:
- First, click the Start icon on your screen, in order to get the menu list. Type ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar. Click on the top search result and a Device Manager window will come up on your computer screen.
- You have to expand the Batteries option, by clicking on the side arrow.
- Click on ‘Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery’ and click on the Uninstall option.
- At the top of the Device Manager window, you will get to see the Action tab. Click on that and then, click on the option ‘Scan for Hardware Changes’.
- Again, expand the Battery tab, by clicking on the side arrow.
- Click on ‘Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery’ and click on the ‘Update Driver Software’ option.
- If you have already kept a backup for the driver, then go ahead and click on ‘Browse my computer for driver software’. In case you don’t have a backup, click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’.
- Once the process gets done, you need to restart your laptop and check if the problem is still there or not.
Reconnect the AC Adaptor and the Battery
You can reconnect the AC adaptor and the Battery, in order to fix this issue. And, to do that you need to follow the steps mentioned in this section:
- Turn off your laptop and unplug the AC adapter and later remove the battery from your laptop.
- Press the Power button on your laptop and hold that for some time, in order to release the residual power within your laptop.
- Re-insert the battery and then, reconnect the AC adapter to your laptop.
- Turn on your laptop and check if the problem is still there or not.
Plug Your Laptop to a Wall Socket
In case, you are using the Surge Protector, you won’t be able to charge your laptop. You need to power off your laptop and connect it to the AC adapter directly, to a wall socket. Then, turn on your laptop and check if the Dell laptop battery not charging problem is still there or not.
Update the BIOS
BIOS is basically an input-output system. This is a programing language which authenticates the connection between the Operating System and the hardware components. In case, you have a faulty BIOS settings, you have to update your BIOS, in order to fix the faulty settings.
To update the BIOS you have to follow the below steps:
- Go to the official website and then, search for the web page particularly meant for your laptop.
- Download the BIOS update and then install that.
- Once the BIOS update gets completed, restart your laptop. Check if the problem is resolved or not.
So, now you must have a clear idea on Dell laptop battery not charging and how to get rid of this problem. Hope this article will be enough beneficial, to mitigate the problem.