Asus router app connection failed is one of the common issues that is often encountered by almost each and every Asus users. There is a lot of reason which might be responsible for the occurence of this issue. Most of the time this issue pops up on your device if there is a problem with the WAN connection. On the other hand, a backdated firmware may be the cause of this issue. Sometimes a faulty device can lead to this issue. Many Asus users reported that they face this trouble while using the router.
No matter whatever be the cause for the appearance of this error on your device, there are always some easy and effective solutions which you can implement to troubleshoot this issue. So, have a look below.
Prior to Initiating the Steps:
Before going to the solutions part, something that you should keep in mind, such as :
- You have to connect both the Ethernet and power cable together
- You should have a strong internet connection.
Now go through the practical solutions in order to eliminate this glitch from your Asus router.
Amazing Methods you Should Try to Troubleshoot Asus Router App Connection Failed Issue:
You should keep an eye on the feasible methods to resolve this Asus router app not connecting issue is an instant.
Method 1- Check the WAN Connection
In the beginning, you have to check the WAN connection, whether it is connected properly or not. In case, not, then you should follow the steps which are given below.
At first, you need to join the wireless router with the DC-IN port
Then, you need to utilize the network cable and you should connect your device with the router’s LAN port
Next, you should use another cable, with which you should connect the modem with the wireless router’s WAN port
After that, you need to install the IEEE 802 WAN adapter on your system
Then, check if any change is made or not. If you are still dealing with this Asus router app authentication failed, then don’t be panic, here is another alternative at your rescue.
Method 2- Check the IP address
After perfectly connecting the WAN connection, if the issue still persists, then you have to check the IP address. To complete this method, here are some steps that you should follow.
- At first, you have to go to the Home Screen of your device and tap on the Start icon for opening the Menu list. After that, you should type Control Panel in the search field and hit the Enter button. Alternatively, you can press the Windows+ R key together to launch the Run box. Once the Run box has opened, then you should type Control Panel in the required filed and press the OK button.
- When the Control Panel gets opened, then you have to go to the Network and Internet section.
- Within the Network and Internet section, you have to scroll down below until you see the Network and Sharing Center. After that, you need to select the Manage Network Connection button.
- A new page will pop up on your screen. From there, you should scroll down below and select the Internet Protocol Version 4 ( TCP/ IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 ( TCP/ IPv6). After that, you have to tap on the Properties button.
- In the Properties section, you have to mark the obtain IPv4 version automatically or the obtain IPv6 version automatically.
- Next, you have to click on the OK button to take the effect of these changes.
Now, if you still encounter this Asus connection failed security link issue, then don’t worry, proceed to the next method.
Method 3- Restart the ASUS Router
If you are already applied the above two methods but none of them work for you, then we suggest you restart the ASUS router. To do so, here are the steps that you should follow.
At first, you have to press the Power button to turn off the router
After that, you need to wait for sometimes, then you should again press the Power button to turn on the router.
Once you have successfully turned on the router, then check whether the problem is resolved or not. If you fail to solve this time as well, then there is another alternative for you.
Method 4- Update the Firmware
This is another solution that you can try to eliminate the Asus router app connection failed error from your device. You should check the steps which are given below.
- At first, you have to go to the login page of the Asus router
- Now, you have to type the username and password in the required field and click on the sign in option.
- It will lead you to the setup page of the router. From there, you need to navigate to the Advanced section.
- Within the Advanced option, you have to scroll down below and click on the Administration option
- After that, a new page will appear on your screen. From there, you have to click on the Firmware option.
- Next, you have to click on the Check button. After that, your system will check if an update is available or not.
- In case, Yes, then you have to click on the Update button.
- Once you have successfully done with the updating process, then you need to install it.
Finally, restart your system and now this issue will surely not irritate you anymore.
Method 5- Update the Operating System
As we mentioned earlier, that if you are not updating your Operating System for a long time, then this Asus router app connection failed issue appears on your device. If this is the reason, then we suggest you update the OS to its best-recommended version. To do that, first, you have to visit the official website of your OS. Then, you have to search for the best suitable version of your system. Once you found it, then click on that. After that, you have to read the online instructions carefully. Then, click on the Apply button.
Make sure that during the updating procedure you should do nothing as it may hamper the stop the updating procedure.
Once the upgrading process gets completed, then reboot your machine. Now surely you will get rid of this Asus router app connection failed error.
In this post, we have already discussed the solutions, whcih will ease up your pain and make things work for you. However, what about if the trouble still showing up from an unnoticed corner? Well, in that case, you always have the option to look up for the help provided by a professional.