Among every security software that is available in the market, Norton is one of the best. The company creates a variety of different security applications and services for both computers and mobile devices.
However, with any software application, you are bound to fetch certain technical complications. One such error is the Norton error 8505 129. In the section that follows, you will get the causes as well as potential solutions behind this error.
Reasons behind Norton Error 8505 129
This section will provide various reasons behind why does this error occur.
- If the network proxy settings are not correctly configured, then there is a possibility for you to get this error.
- If there is any problem in the activation then also you can face this glitch.
- When there are any corrupt system files in the Windows OS then this error may occur.
- You can even face this problem, due to the presence of a malicious file within the system.
Solutions To Resolve This Error
In this section, you will get various steps that will help you to resolve the Norton error 8505 129 in the easiest way.
Inspect Settings Of The Network
- First, hit the combination of ‘Windows Logo + R’ keys simultaneously. This opens up the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Next, within the ‘Run’ dialog box, type the following command ‘inetcpl.cpl’ on the text area and hit ‘Enter’ key to execute it.
- This will open the ‘Internet Properties’ window. Now, within that window, choose the tab ‘Connections’.
- Under that tab, move down to the bottom of the window and hit the button ‘LAN Settings’.
- Now, a dialog box will pop up that has the name ‘Local Area Network (LAN) Settings. In this dialog box, be sure that no checkboxes have a tick mark under the proxy server.
- Finally, go to the ‘Automatic configuration’ section. Then put a tick mark on the option ‘Automatically detect settings’ and tap ‘OK’. Then tap on the button ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
Setting Up The Network Settings
- First, right-click on the ‘Start’ menu. Then from the list of options, choose the option ‘Run’. This will display the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- Within that dialog box, type the following command in the text area- ‘ncpa.cpl’ and tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- This will open up the ‘Network Connections’ window. From this window, choose the active network adapter and right-click on it.
- Now, select the option ‘Properties’ from the list of options. After that, a Properties window with the name of the selected adapter will pop up.
- Inside that window choose the ‘Networking’ tab. Then, form the list select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4). Next, choose the button ‘Properties’, just below the list on the right side of the window.
- After that, a new dialog box will pop up with the name ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties.
- In that dialog box, under the tab ‘General’, choose the option ‘Use the following DNS server addresses:’. In that section, enter the following in the text area of ‘Preferred DNS’ – ‘184.108.40.206’, in the text area of ‘Alternate DNS’ again enter the following – ‘220.127.116.11’.
- At last, tap on ‘OK’ to save the alteration.
Using Norton Power Eraser Uninstall Unnecessary Applications
- First, download this software from the official Norton website. Next, double click on the setup file to launch the installer. Within the installer, choose the ‘Accept’ button to confirm the license agreement.
- Then, follow the information on the screen and install the software correctly.
- After the installation is complete now, launch the Norton Power Eraser software. Within the software, locate and tap on the ‘Unwanted application scan’ button. Wait for the scan process to complete.
- When the process gets over then tap on the toolbar and hit the button ‘Uninstall’. This will remove any unnecessary software from the system.
- After all the uninstallation is done. Just relaunch the Norton security software first and then reboot the machine.
To solve the Norton error 8505 129 easily, you just need to carefully follow the steps in the previous section. But, if you are having any problem while implementing the above-given steps, then simply post your query.