In the present time, Windows 10 is considered to be the best Operating System designed by Microsoft. It’s elegant and user-friendly features have acquired such popularity among the users that it is almost the obvious OS when it comes to computers. Despite being advanced, recently Windows 10 has become a bit error-prone. Often users are getting into different troubles with the Windows 10 OS. One of the common issues that people are complaining about is ‘no audio output device is installed’. During this error, the icon in your taskbar has a red ‘X’ on it and your computer won’t play any audio.
So, if you’re facing the same problem with your Windows 10, then don’t worry. There are proper solutions to this issue which you can find in this article. Using the given methods you can easily get rid of no audio output device is installed Windows 10 problem.
Causes Behind No Audio Output Device Is Installed Error
This issue is related to no sound on Windows 10 and can come up due to different reasons. Due to the loose connections of speakers or headphones, there will be a no sound. In some cases, plugging the audio cable into the wrong jack might be an issue to this kind of scenario.
You should check the volume level options in your system and especially for your external speakers. Sometimes for not setting the correct volume level in your external speaker, you may face Windows 10 no sound problem.
Another main reason for no audio can be related to driver issues. The audio driver plays a vital role in this kind of problem. You need to check the sound card of your system because if it is faulty then you have to repair or replace it. The audio drivers should be up-to-date for avoiding the no audio situation.
Fix No Audio Output Device Is Installed Windows 10 With Brilliant Hacks
Now, we will move on to the troubleshooting part of the error of no audio output device is installed on Windows 10. Here are some the effective measures that you can apply to fix this issue perfectly on your computer.
Method 1: Update Audio Driver
As there can be problems with your audio drivers, so you can fix them by updating to the latest version. To do that manually you can follow the below instructions:
For Windows 7
- Launch Windows Start Menu.
- Right-click on Computer and select Manage from the context menu.
- Computer Management screen will open. There you need to find Device Manager and click on it.
- Here, you’ll find your audio device and then right-click on it.
Select Update and start the updating process.
For Windows 8/8.1
- First, click on the Windows logo icon.
- Choose Device Manager from the Quick Access menu.
- Now, select the audio devices from the hardware items.
- Right-click on the driver and then click “Update driver software”.
For Windows 10
- Press the Windows key and X together on your keyboard.
- Select Device Manager from the options.
- Locate the audio drivers.
- Right-click on the particular device.
- Choose the option that will let you update the driver automatically. In this way, you’ll be able to solve this issue on your computer.
Method 2: Use Inbuilt Audio Troubleshooter
You can use the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter to solve the problem of no audio on your device. Follow the below steps carefully:
- Click on the Windows Start menu to open the Search box. Otherwise, press both the Windows logo key and X to open the Search bar.
- Now, type ‘troubleshooter’ in the search bar and hit the Enter key.
- Then, select View all from the left side of the window.
- Locate ‘Playing audio’ from the list on your screen and click it.
- Go through the on-screen instructions and complete the troubleshooting process correctly.
Method 3: Fix Using Device Manager
Another option you can try is the Device Manager on your Windows system. It also works as a troubleshooting tool which can solve the no audio output device is installed Windows 10. to use the Device Manager follow the below instructions:
- Launch the Run application by pressing Windows logo key and R together. Then, type ‘devmgmt.mcs’ in the Run box.
- In the Device Manager window, go to ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ and then expand it. Then, click on the audio device that you want to fix.
- Next, right-click on the particular audio device. A context menu will appear, from there select Enable option.
- See if the problem is solved. If not, then click on Uninstall and remove the driver from your system.
- After that, restart the computer to save the changes you made and during the reboot process, Windows will automatically install the right audio driver.
Method 4: Uninstall And Reinstall Driver
If none of the previous methods work then try uninstalling and again install the audio driver on your computer. To do that follow the below steps:
- Open Device Manager and go to ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ and expand it. Next, right-click on the audio device and select Uninstall.
- The driver will start uninstalling and after the uninstallation is complete, reboot the system. While rebooting, Windows will automatically install the latest audio drivers and it will fix the issue.
Hence, in this way, you’ll be able to get rid of the issue no audio output device is installed windows 10 perfectly.