iPhone is one of the most popular and well-known gadgets in this tech-savvy generation. However, the iPhone is not fully free from technical flaws. A lot of users come up with multiple issues with their iPhone models. One of the most complained issues you may come across is ios 10 voicemail not working. When you try to update your iPhone to the latest OS version, this particular glitch may occur.
However, if you are facing a similar situation with your iPhone then, this article will help you to get rid of this problem. This article covers the complete solution to resolve the voicemail problem. Therefore, go through the write-up to know the easy and effective methods and eradicate voicemail transcription error.
Problems you may encounter while your voicemail fails to work:
Whenever the voicemail is not working on your iPhone then, you may face technical complications. The issue can be very hectic at times while you are using your iPhone. Moreover, you can’t work with your iPhone smoothly. List of difficulties you may come across:
- Cannot delete a voicemail message.
- No option to leave a voicemail message.
- Unable to hear or listen to a voicemail message.
- Calls or dials voicemail instead of showing a list of visual voicemail.
- Duplicate or multiple copies of the voicemail message.
- Voicemail is currently unavailable/can not access voicemail.
- Your callers are not able to record messages.
- No alerts/notifications about the voicemails.
- Cannot set up voicemail after the update process.
- Your iPhone not showing voicemail messages.
Potential reasons behind iOS 10 voicemail transcription not working
This issue may occur when you have upgraded your iPhone to the latest OS version. Moreover, you may come across this error due to outdated software of your iPhone. It can be very problematic at times to use your iPhone. Therefore, if you are facing a similar situation, don’t be tensed. Read on to know the fixing methods to resolve the voicemail issue of your iPhone.
Top 8 methods to fix Voicemail issue:
There are various methods to resolve the voicemail issue of your iPhone. But, you need to use practical methods to resolve the problem.
- Restart your iPhone
- Ensure your voice mailbox is set up properly
- You need to verify the carrier settings updates
- Good cellular network connection
- Reset your network settings
- Reset the password of your Voicemail
- Extract your Voicemail from Your iPhone & Play them on the computer
Method 1: Restart your iPhone
This easy and simple method is very effective to resolve the voicemail issue of your iPhone. Moreover, these simple tricks can resolve small bugs as well.
There is a high chance that this method will definitely resolve your iPhone’s voicemail issue which is occurring due to malfunctioning of your application. If you want to restart your iPhone then, you need to follow some easy steps.
- You need to hold the power and the home button. Otherwise, hold the volume and the home button down simultaneously for more than 15 seconds.
- Don’t release the buttons until you get the Apple logo on the screen.
- After completing the restarting process, wait for five minutes.
- After that, check the voicemail, if it is working or not.
Method 2: Ensure whether Voice Mailbox is set up properly
You need to set up the voice mailbox properly to avoid typical voicemail issues. If your voice mailbox is not configured with the right settings then, you may find voicemail is not working in your iPhone.
Therefore, you need to ensure your voice mailbox is set up properly. Dial your phone number from your iPhone and after that, you will get a prompt. Follow the shown prompt to check if your voice mailbox is configured properly. After completing the proper set up of your voice mailbox, you can easily get rid of this voicemail issue.
Method 3: Verify the carrier settings updates
The carrier normally updates the carrier network and related settings which can help you to improve the cellular network connectivity as well as the performance. This issue may arise because of the dismissed pop-up message of carrier settings.
Somehow, you may cancel the pop-up message of the carrier settings updates. Otherwise, you cannot complete the carrier settings upgrade process. These reasons mainly cause this voicemail issue. However, you can easily install the carrier settings updates manually.
- You need to use the Wi-Fi or cellular network to connect your iPhone.
- Click on Settings.
- Tap on General option.
- After that, choose about. ( if there is an update available then, it will show in the about option of your iPhone )
- If there is an update is available then select the updated version to update your carrier settings
- Restart your phone.
Method 4: Good cellular network connection
You need to be sure about the good Cellular Network Connection. In addition, voicemail not working issue may occur because of network problems. Moreover, this error can occur when you are in a poor or non-existent network condition. You can do an outgoing call to check whether your cellular network connection is perfect. By doing an outgoing call you can easily understand the network condition of your iPhone.
Method 5: Reset the password of your Voicemail
The password can be the cause behind this voicemail error. Therefore, you need to reset the password of your voicemail.
Normally, you don’t need to enter your password whenever you want to check the voicemails from your device. However, sometimes you may be asked for the password of your voicemail for security reasons.
Method 6: Contact your carrier
If you fail to resolve the voicemail issue of your iPhone after trying the above-mentioned methods then, you need to contact your carrier immediately. You need to contact your carrier as soon as possible to ensure your iPhone is configured with the perfect setting of your voicemail feature.
Moreover, you need to configure the voicemail feature as per your requirements or task. This issue may arise because of the wrong configuration. Therefore try this method to resolve the problem.
If you still fail to fix the voicemail issue of your iPhone even after trying the above-mentioned methods then, this is the best solution for you. You need to transfer the voicemails from your iPhone to the computer and play them. If the voicemails play well on your computer then, the problem is in the voicemail configuration of your iPhone. Otherwise, the issue is occurring because of the poor cellular network.
In this article, we have mentioned the top 8 best-fixing methods to ease out your worries. Moreover, fixing methods are easy to apply and effective at the same time. Try the methods and find out which one is giving you an ultimate troubleshooting solution when you find iOS 10 voicemail not working.