iOS is the mobile Operating System for iPhones, iPods, and iPads. This system software is made by Apple Inc. Despite having so many features, the iOS 10 or the iOS Operating System in general encounters many errors. One such issue that you might encounter is iOS 10 FaceTime problems.
Reasons For iOS 10 FaceTime Problems
In this section, you will encounter various causes on why do the iOS 10 FaceTime problems occur in the first place. Follow the different steps below to know the reasons behind this issue.
- This error can occur if the version of iOS you are using is obsolete and does not have any updates.
- You can even get this issue if the FaceTime application is not up to the date.
- If the internet connectivity is slow or is not present, then also you might get this error.
- Sometimes, if you port the carrier, then also you might able to get this problem.
- Even if you do not activate the FaceTime application, then also you might get iOS 10 FaceTime problems.
iOS 10 FaceTime Problems – Solutions
This section of the article will provide you with several solutions, that will help you to solve this problem at ease.
Update The FaceTime Application
If you do not update the FaceTime application to its latest version, then you might encounter this issue. The solution to this error is to inspect whether the FaceTime application has an update or not. If it does, then update it.
Sometimes, you can get the iOS 10 FaceTime problems if that application is not enabled or activated on your devices. In order to fix this problem, the simple solution is just to activate or enable the FaceTime application. Follow the below steps to activate this application.
- First, locate the ‘Settings’ application and tap on it.
- After that, inside the application, choose FaceTime and within it, slide the toggle button to the right to activate it.
Restart The FaceTime Application
If you are not able to call using the FaceTime application, then the best solution for you is to relaunch the application. In order to restart the application, follow the steps below.
- First, from the system tray that contains various applications, choose the ‘Settings’.
- Within the ‘Settings’ application, choose the ‘FaceTime’ and inspect if it is active or not. If it is not, then just activate it.
- After that, again go to Settings. In it, go to ‘General’, then choose the option ‘Restrictions’.
- Now, in the ‘Restrictions’ option, inspect whether the ‘Camera’ and the ‘FaceTime’ applications has a restriction or not. If it is so, then allow them.
- After all this, just close and relaunch the ‘FaceTime’ application once again.
- If you are getting this problem till now, then switch off the phone first and restart it.
Inspect The Network Connection
If you are not able to activate FaceTime application and there is a message that says ‘Could not sign in’. Then, the solution is to inspect the network connection that you have.
- If the ID of your Apple account is not like a normal Email ID, then you might not able to sign in to Apple account. Thus, to rectify this problem, change your Apple ID to a new one. Then, try to sign in with the new Apple ID and then easily sign in to the FaceTime application.
- If you are still having a problem in signing in to the FaceTime app, then alter the DNS settings you have to ‘Google Public DNS’ which is ‘126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52’.
Unblock Any Person Who Got Blocked By Accident
At times, you fail to contact some people who are present on your contact list. Then, the solution for you is to inspect if those people are blocked by FaceTime mistakenly.
- First, find and choose the ‘Settings’ application.
- Within that application, choose the ‘FaceTime’ application.
- After that, inside the settings of the ‘FaceTime’ application, choose ‘Blocked’ to see which contacts are blocked in that list.
- Now, if some contacts are blocked, then unblock those contact by selecting the red colored icon beside those blocked contacts.
You can resolve iOS 10 Beta FaceTime problems if you simply follow the steps that are given in the previous section. But, somehow if you are unable to solve this problem, then post your query in our comment section below.