HP always offers high-quality printers. But, in some cases, the black cartridge of the HP Printer stops working, now in these cases, you cannot get the printouts properly. Generally, HP printer stopped printing black issue is a common problem. In this article, we are going to discuss the main reasons for this problem first and then give you the probable solutions. HP printers are very much reliable if they are used regularly and properly. You need to use generic ink cartridges for your HP printer if you really want uninterrupted service always.
Causes of HP Printer Stopped Printing Black Issue
There are so many reasons for this issue. From our research, we have found some probable causes for which your HP printer stops printing black. Let’s explain those:
- Firstly, you need to find out if the “Breather Tape” which is located in the top of the cartridge is completely removed or not. The Breather Tape is also called as the shipping tape and if the breather tape is not completely removed, the ink can’t come out from the cartridge.
- Moreover, it can be caused by empty or damaged cartridge and then you should install the new cartridge. If you can print with an empty cartridge, it can also damage your print head permanently.
- In HP Printer, never use low-quality link cartridge and also it can make a problem with your printer. So, the best way is to use the high-quality HP ink cartridge.
How to Solve the HP Printer Stopped Printing Black Issue?
Let ’s check out the most effective ways to fix the HP printer stopped printing black. Read and follow the instructions below:
Solution 1: Check the estimated ink levels, and replace empty cartridges
This is the first method that we are going to explain and you have to follow these steps and check the ink levels. After that, you need to replace any empty or low cartridges.
Step 1: Check the estimated ink levels
In this step, follow these methods to check the ink levels and reverify with them once:
- At first, you have to load plain white paper in the paper tray and select the slide button. Then choose the Setup icon in the lower-left corner of the control panel.
- After that, touch the Right Arrow button for selecting the Tools option, and then [press OK.
- Now, you have to touch the Right Arrow button to choose Estimated Ink Levels, and then press OK.
If none of the ink cartridges are low, then no need to replace them yet and once you are done, continue to the next solution. If any ink cartridges are low on ink, then you have to continue to the next step for replacing them.
Step 2: Replace any low or empty cartridges
Firstly, you have to load plain white paper in the input tray and now, press the Power button for turning on the printer.
- After that, you have to open the cartridge door and wait until the printer is idle.
- Once done, press down on the cartridge and release it and then pull the cartridge out for removing it from its slot.
Now, you have to remove the new cartridge from its packaging and hold the cartridge. Then insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot. After that, you have to make sure that the icon on the cartridge matches the icon on the slot and finally, you need to close the cartridge door.
Step 3: Align the printer
Follow the steps below to align the cartridges and you have to make sure that the printer is turned on and paper is loaded in the paper tray.
- Now, touch the slide button and then, select the Setup icon in the lower-left corner of the control panel.
- After that, touch the Right Arrow button for selecting Tools, and then click OK.
- Again, you have to the Right Arrow button to choose the Align Printer option, and then touch OK. once you are done with the process, the printer starts printing an alignment page.
Now, you have to lift the printer lid and then place the alignment page. After doing all the above pages, close the lid, and then hit the OK button to finish the alignment. Finally, you have to wait for scanning the alignment sheet and completes the entire alignment process.
Solution 2: Use an automated tool to clean the printhead
If you are still getting the problem then you have to try this method and basically, you have to use an automated tool to clean the printhead.
- In this step, at first, you have to load plain white paper in the input tray like previous.
- Now, touch the slide button and select the Setup icon in the lower-left corner of the control panel.
- After that, you have to select the Right Arrow button to open Tools, and then click OK.
Once you are done with the process. You should touch the Right Arrow button again to choose the Clean Printhead option, and then press OK. Finally, the printer starts the cleaning process and after cleaning your problem will be resolved.
So, in this way you can easily fix HP printer stopped printing black issue. Hope, you can easily understand the steps and still, if you are getting the problem then we suggest you opt for an expert for better support.