The Windows 10 users often complain about encountering the Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen error. It might occur due to corrupt system files or even due to the devices that are connected to your device. The improper network connection can also cause the same error. If you are struggling with similar issues, go through the effective procedures given in the article below.
Basic Methods To Resolve Windows 10 Stuck On Welcome Screen
To know the ways to fix the error, go through the following procedures.
Method 1: Run A Startup Repair
To set the Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen error, you can run a Startup Repair. It will then repair the files that are necessary for your computer to start without any problem. Perform the following steps:
– First, you need to put the installation media on your computer and then boot your computer from the media.
– Now, select the language and region option and then you need to choose to Repair your computer option.
– Select the Startup Repair option after choosing the Troubleshoot option.
– Then, click on the Windows 10 option and wait until the process starts.
– The process will take a few minutes to complete, then reboot your system and check if the error resolves.
Method 2: Check System Files
You might also encounter the error if your computer has corrupt system files. Look at the following steps:
1. You need to put the installation media and boot your computer.
2. You need to select the language and region option and then click on the Repair your computer option.
3. Now, select Troubleshoot and then Command Prompt.
4. When the window appears, you need to type ‘sfc /scannow’, ‘chkdsk c: /f /r, bootrec /fixmbr’, ‘bootrec /fixboot’, ‘bootrec /scanos’, ‘bootrec /rebuildbcd’ commands. Hit the Enter key after entering each of the commands.
5. When the process ends, exit Command Prompt and reboot your system.
6. Finally, check if the error fixes.
Method 3: Reset Windows 10
The Windows 10 you are using might get damaged. Therefore, occurring the Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen before login error. Hence, reset the Operating System and fix the glitch. Before rebooting the OS keep a back of the files and the applications as they will get erased. Go through the following steps:
1. You need to put the installation media into your computer and then boot your computer from the media.
2. Now, you need to select the language and region option and then reboot your computer from the Windows 10 installation media.
3. Select the Install now option and then to complete the process you need to follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Finally, check if the Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen issue resolves.
Method 4: Disable All Connected Devices
However, you can also encounter the Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen before login error due to the devices that are connected to your device. To check if they are causing the error disconnect all the devices that were connected. Restart your device and check if the error persists. Now, connect them one at a time and check the device that is causing the error. The malfunctioning equipment needs repair or replacement.
Method 5: Disconnecting From The Internet
Finally, if none of the methods work for you, disconnect your device from the internet. Often internet causes the issues if it protects to does not allow access, and you get stuck on the welcome screen error. Disconnect the connection and then restart your device. Now, check if the error still resolves.