Risk of rain is an action platformer which consists of other elements. But sometimes, the players get some problem with the black screen while starting the game. There are a variety of reasons responsible for the risk of rain black screen error. Mainly the problem appears when the V-Sync is disabled. Apart from that, the problem might also occur when the Windows 10 update messed up with everything. But you can solve this problem when you run the game in compatibility mode. This is a very annoying situation especially, for the game lovers. Due to this, the game will not launch in your device because the game file will disappear from your device. Here, in this article, you can check out how you can fix it as early as possible. Hence, stay in this article to know the details on it.
Efficient Ways to Resolve the Problem Risk of Rain Black Screen Issue:
If you are getting the issue risk of rain black screen while trying to launch the game on your device, then you need to fix the issue anyhow. So, we are here to inform you about some easy and effective steps that will help you to resolve the issue instantly. Read the steps carefully and apply them accordingly to troubleshoot the issue.
Fix 1: Edit the Preference File as Shown Below
To alter the game settings, the game has Prefis.ini files which are the significant reasons behind the occurrence of this error. Mainly the problem appears in the Windows 10 device. You need to launch the Risk of rain game in the windows in the Safe mode and switch to the fullscreen once it loads. To perform the action, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
At first, start the Steam on the Windows 10 device and then go to the Library tab in the Steam window. After that, search for the game from the library.
Now, right-click on the library and select the Properties option. Next, move to the Local Files section and press the Browse Local Files button from that section.
After that, search for the game’s installation folder manually. Inside this folder, right-click on the Prefs.ini file and select to open the Notepad. From the Notepad option, you need to change the settings on the file.
To save the changes, you need to press the Ctrl + S key. Once you are done with the steps, you need to try to relaunch the game and check whether the black screen error gets solved.
Fix 2: Change Another Setting
The next thing that you have to change is the AlternateSyncMethod. This is called another file named as options.ini. But sometimes, you will find this file at the same folder where you find the Prefs.ini file. Hence, go through the following steps to resolve the issue.
- Repeat the steps 1 and 2 from the previous process and then open the Game installations folder manually.
- When you get the file, right-click on the options.ini file and select to open it. If the Notepad icon is selected default, then double-click on it.
- Open the Edit option by pressing the Ctrl + F key at the same time. After that, choose the Find option from the drop-down menu to expand the Search box.
- Now, type AlternateSyncMethod in the Find box and then change the value from 0 to 1. Save the changes and move to the File and Save folder. Finally, exit from the Notepad folder.
Once you are done, try to launch the game and check if it is opening properly or not.
Fix 3: Run the Game in Compatibility Mode
The problem of the risk of rain black screen Windows 10 might also occur when you have just upgraded your device from Windows 8 to Windows 10. This is an effective method that you should try and many users have reported that this helps them to solve the issue. To perform the action, go through the steps stated underneath.
- At the beginning of the process, go to the Library section in the Steam window. From the Library option which is available on the top of the menu, locate the Risk of Rain game from the Game Library.
- After that, right-click on the game and select the Properties option. Now, move to the Local Files window and press on the Browse Local Files button from that section.
- Next, search for the game’s main executable files and right-click on it. Then choose the Properties option and move to the Compatibility window.
- Under the Compatibility mode, you should check the box which says Run this program in compatibility mode and proceed further. Thereafter, select the Windows 8 device from the drop-down list.
Fix 4: Fix the Game files Save Bugs
If the above solutions do not help you out form this situation, then you can fix the issue by fixing the game files to save the bugs.
- At first, open the Steam window and select the Library to expand the game collection.
- After that, right-click on the game and select the Properties option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Verify Integrity option from the game files and open it.
After completing the process, try to run the game and check whether it is working properly or not.
Fix 5: Try to Fix the Camera
Sometimes, the problem arises due to the fault in the camera. If the camera does not work properly, then you might confront this type of situation. To get rid of this situation, at first, try to unplug the controller and reconnect it. Else you can also reinstall the controller in order to fix the issue.
In a nutshell, this article covers all the effective solutions in order to fix the risk of rain black screen error. If you follow this post carefully, we assure that you can solve the issue instantly. Also, you can provide your valuable feedback to us in the comment section that is provided below.