Xbox One connects to the Xbox Live Services for several features like video streaming, online gaming, and others. However, this Xbox one not connecting to wifi only happens when the connection is interrupted.
Sometimes, due to several technical glitches, Xbox one won’t connect to wifi. In such situations, the Xbox screen prompts a power cycle for the gateway or router device to settle this matter.
This situation can occur due to multiple reasons. Besides that, poor or weak internet connectivity can make trouble for the Xbox one to connect to the WiFi successfully.
If you are a user of Xbox one and encountering this identical error, then this article will help you out.
Xbox One Not Connecting to WiFi on Startup: How to Resolve This Issue
Fortunately, the issue can be fixed with some of the easy troubleshooting methods. The next section gives you a brief description of how you can resolve the connection error between the Xbox one and the WiFi.
Check the Network Connection
You can check the network connection to resolve the issue that you have encountered.
- To check the network connection, open the Guide and then go to the Settings section. Once the Settings window opens, choose “All Settings” from the resultant menu.
- After that, click on the Network and navigate to the Network Settings. Now, locate the “Test Network Connection” option. Click on it and check if something goes wrong.
- Now, do the necessary changes and hit the Ok button in order to save the new changes.
Finally, try to connect the Xbox One to the WiFi and if it’s not, then proceed to the next solution.
Power Cycle the Console and Network Hardware
Power cycling the console and network hardware can also help you get rid of the error.
Remove the power cable from the modem, router or gateway for a couple of minutes. Then, go through the under mentioned steps:
- At first, press the Xbox button in order to initiate the Guide. Then, navigate to the Settings.
- Now, in the Setting section, choose the option “Restart Console” from the pop-up menu and hit the Yes button to confirm it.
- In case, you can not access the Guide, then press the Xbox button on the Console until the console turns off.
- After that, wait for a while and then press the same button to turn it on.
Thereafter, connect the gateway or modem and then wait until you find the lights in their normal state. Connect the router and then check the Xbox Live Connection.
Confirm the WiFi Password
Sometimes, incorrect or wrong WiFi password can also responsible for the Xbox One won’t connect to WiFi error. Therefore, it is suggested to confirm that you have entered the correct WiFi password.
- To confirm the WiFi password, you can go to the Start menu and then type “Control Panel” into the Search field and hit the Enter key to continue.
- In the Control Panel window, locate and select the “Network And Internet” option. Then, choose the option “Network And Sharing Center” from the resultant menu.
- Next, navigate to the “Manage Wireless Networks” and right-click on the name of your wireless network. After that, choose the Properties option from the menu.
- Go to the Security tab and hit the “Show Characters” button and click on it to select the checkbox. Now, confirm the accurate passcode for your wireless network.
If you have entered the right password then try to connect the Xbox One to the WiFi.
In the above section, we have discussed various methods that you can try to resolve the connection error.
But, after performing the above methods, if you are still stuck with the same error, then you can remove the third-party headsets.
Sometimes, third-party headsets can trigger active interference. As a result, such connection error appears. Besides that, you can also review your connection in a different location.
In case, the error still troubles you, then it’s better to seek experts’ guidance for instant help.