The Xbox 360 NAT error is one of the most reported issues by the Xbox users. Upon joining online games on your Xbox 360 device or if you face errors to hear other players in the games, you might likely encounter the Network Address Translation problem. If you are encountering the same issue and do not know the easy steps to resolve, then go through the guidelines that we have mentioned in the article.
How To Fix NAT Error On Xbox 360?
If you are encountering the Xbox 360 NAT error and do not know the ways to fix the glitch, go through the accurate methods that are mentioned below.
Method 1: Check The Connection
To resolve the Xbox 360 NAT error, you need to first check the connection that you are using. To do the same, you need to go through the following steps:
- First, you need to turn on your Xbox 360 device and then and choose open My Xbox.
- Now, you need to choose the System Settings option and click on the Network Settings.
- Choose the Wired Network or the wireless network name that you are using. Then, select the Test Xbox LIVE Connection option.
- Now, if you are struggling with a NAT problem, then you will find a yellow exclamation point and a text appearing on your screen mentioning ‘Your NAT type is set to [Strict or Moderate].’
Method 2: Opening The NAT Settings
You can also open the NAT settings and then try to resolve the error. By opening the NAT settings, you need to gather some information about the network you are currently using.
Go through the following steps:
- On a PC through which you are connected to your network, click on the Start menu.
- When the empty box appears, you need to type the cmd command and then hit on the Enter key.
- When a new window pops up on your computer screen, you need to type ipconfig and then press the Enter button.
- Now, you need to look for a few of the options under the Network Connection menu. You will find this option as the Local Area Connection or may even as the Wireless Network Connection. Now, you need to enter the details as given below:
- IPv4 Address (or IP Address).
- Subnet Mask.
- Default Gateway.
Now, you need to turn on the Universal Plug and Play for your router. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open a web browser in the PC that you using and connect with the network.
- Now, you need to type the Default Gateway number that you had recorded earlier into the address bar and then you need to press the Enter key.
- You need to type the username and the password of your router.
- Now, you need to make sure to turn on the UPnP.
- Finally, you need to restart your Xbox 360 and then run the connection test again.
Now, if the router does not have UPnP, or if the UPnP does not turn open the NAT, you need to assign a static IP address to your the Xbox 360 that you are using and then set up the port forwarding. To implement the process, you need to go through the following steps:
- In the Network Settings menu on the Xbox 360 that you are using, you need to select the Basic Settings tab.
- When the window appears, you need to choose the Manual option and then select the IP Address.
- Now, you need to take the Default Gateway number that you had already recorded earlier. Then, add 10 to the last number. When the new static IP address is created, enter it as the IP address, and then you need to choose the Done option.
- Now, you need to select the Subnet Mask. After that, enter the Subnet Mask number that you recorded earlier. Choose the Done option.
- Now, you need to choose the Gateway and then enter the Default Gateway number. Select the Done option again.
- Click on Done again.
- You need to open a Web browser in the PC that you are working with and which is connected to the network.
- Now, you need to open the following ports.
Port 88 (UDP); Port 3074 (UDP and TCP); Port 53 (UDP and TCP); Port 80 (TCP)
The methods mentioned above will hopefully work for you and fix the Xbox 360 NAT error without any hassle in no time. If you have any other Xbox related queries, comment on the below section.