WMI provider Host service is important for enabling Windows applications without any technical flaws. Moreover, this built-in program helps to run multiple software by going for some of the innovative technical features. Besides its incredible performance, some of the major technical glitches make it complicated to handle. Then, you won’t be able to run the application without running this valuable Windows service. Not only that, the running applications start to crash automatically after getting this error. However, we are going to talk about some of the essential steps to overcome the conflicts with WMI provider Host Windows 10 effectively.
Significant Issues behind WMI Provider Host High CPU
Some of the common issues become critical problems that trigger the WMI issue very often. The following problems make it complicated to handle. So, let’s know the reasons and avoid the WMI error from its fundamental stage:
- Sometimes, the WMI Provider Host issue occurs due to harmful malware attack. Therefore, the virus infects multiple files by creating unnecessary copies within the same folder and corrupt the WMI services like programs.
- Many times, recently launched programs, apps, etc create an annoying issue for creating the WMI provider Host issue with High CPU usage. Therefore, the WMI service fails to work and the active programs start to crash immediately.
- Some internal system file issues and problems with corrupted memory are the major reasons behind this significant error.
Fix WMI Provider Host Issue in a Few Technical Ways
There are lots of simple ways you can include to overcome this WMI provider host issue permanently. Moreover, the following methods will keep this service active for a long period of time without avoiding any technical hassle. Here, we are going to discuss the steps to fix this annoying issue and you can use the methods below to resolve the problem easily:
Method 1: Scan Malware
You can resolve the WMI problem by scanning the malware, spyware, like major antivirus issue permanently. Moreover, it helps to protect your device from unauthorized access to the WMI service. So, you might try out the steps below and resolve the malware problem quickly:
- First, download the system security software from a trustworthy website and save the downloaded file in your device.
- Now, double-click on the folder and click on the executable file. Wait until it runs successfully and completes the installation process.
- After that, double-click on the antivirus software and launch the Antivirus window.
- Click on the Scan tab or tap on the Scan for Viruses from the Security Software window.
- Now, choose either a Quick Scan or Full Scan for scanning the system. You can select the Full Scan option and identify all the virus infected files from your device.
- However, after clicking on the Yes button, you can confirm the system security software running program.
- The process will take a few times to complete and it will disinfect the malware infected files accordingly. When done, try to reboot the device and check whether wmi provider host is working properly or not.
Method 2: Turn On System in Safe Mode
By turning on the System in Safe Mode, you can run the WMI Host service in Safe mode. If you restart the System in Safe Mode with Networking, then you can safely operate the WMI service:
- First, type “msconfig” in the search box and hit the enter button to launch the Windows service Configuration window.
- After that, go to the Boot tab from the resultant window and enable the Safe boot by clicking on the Safe Boot check box.
- Next, tap on the Network option from the Safe Boot Setup window and hit the Apply button to apply the new changes. Click on the OK button and close the active window.
- Make sure that you have saved all the new changes in your files and then reboot the device in Safe Mode.
- After restarting the Windows in Safe mode, press the Windows +X from the keyboard to open the Windows Powershell window. Now, verify the Powershell admin account by entering the correct login ID and pass code.
- Finally, hit the Verify button and open the Powershell window in Administrator Mode.
- Next, type “msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic” in the Powershell or Command Prompt window. You can see a troubleshooting window and click the Next button and troubleshoot the internal issues.
- Then, repair the corrupted files by running another command “msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic”.
- After appearing the troubleshooting window, click the Next button to continue the troubleshooting step. After finishing the entire troubleshooting processes, you need to boot the system into Normal Mode. now, check whether the WMI provider Host High CPU is working properly or not.
Method 3:Restart the WMI Host Service
Sometimes, you can perform the WMI service reboot process and detect the service issue respectively without facing any technical error:
- Press the Windows key and “R” together from the keyboard and type “services.msc” in the Run dialogue box.
- After launching the Service window, locate the Window Management Instrument Service by typing the letter “w” in the find text box.
- Next, right-click on that menu and click the Restart option from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen.
- Then, type “cmd’ in the Cortana search box and locate the Command Prompt from the Start menu. Now, right-click on the Command Prompt and choose the option says, “Run as Administrator” from the pop-up menu.
- Verify the Admin account by entering the correct credentials and hitting the Verify button to launch the Command Prompt window in Administrator Mode.
- In the Command Prompt(Admin) window, run the given commands one after another or you can use a batch file to run them sequentially.
- “net stop iphlpsvc”,”net stop wscsvc”,”net stop Winmgmt”,”net start Winmgmt”,”net start wscsvc”,”net start iphlpsvc”. You need to press the Enter key after emnding of each command.
- The commands will take several minutes to run and the process will help to re-enable the WMI service.
- Once done, try to restart the system and check whether the WMI provider host high CPU Windows 10 problem got fixed or not.
Method 4: Remove Problematic Drivers and Components
Sometimes, you can tackle WMI provider host high CPU Windows 10 issue effectively by removing the problematic apps from your system. Moreover, You can resolve the driver problem by uninstalling the recently launched programs from your device:
- First, press the Windows logo and select the Settings app to launch the Settings window.
- Now, choose the Event Viewer from the Settings window and click the View button from the resultant screen. It will show you a list of Debug logs with analytic problems.
- From the left pane of the window, tap on the Applications and Services Logs option and choose Microsoft under this section.
- After that, select the WMI Activity from the Windows folder and finally choose Operation Log. Here, you can see the items which are made as an error.
- Right-click on the taskbar and click in the Start the Task Manager from the pop-up menu appeared on the screen.
- Go to the Service Tab from the Task Manager window and Choose the Event Viewer from the PID column. After that, locate those threads that are matched with the PID column.
- After locating those problematic processes, right-click on them and select Uninstall option from the pop-up.
- Confirm the steps by tapping the YES button from the confirmation dialogue box. It will take a few minutes to complete the driver removal process.
- When done, restart the device and check whether the WMI provider host Windows 10 problem still persists or not.
The Bottom Line
In this content, we have discussed the easiest ways to resolve the WMI provider host regarding issue effectively. Moreover, it enhances the CPU speeds and protects your device from annoying issue. Furthermore, we have defined the major reasons behind this annoying issue that help you to identify the WMI provider Host problem from the initial stage of error. Besides this, we have tried to analyze the possible symptoms for this significant issue. So, we hope that this article will be helpful to tackle this critical problem without any technical flaws.