Windows is the name of a series of Operating System that is developed by Microsoft. This system software is the one that many users use due to its various features and useful application. Although this OS has many useful features, even then you can get many errors. One such kind of error that you can encounter is the Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings. Now, in the section that is given below, you will get various reasons behind this error.
Prominent Reasons Behind This Error
This section of the article provides various reasons on why Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings happen.
- You can get this error if there is an alteration in the proxy settings within the Windows OS.
- Due to a virus infection in the system, you can also encounter this error.
- Even, due to a corrupt system file, you might face this issue.
In the section that follows you will get the answers, that will help you to solve the Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error.
Solutions For The Windows Could Not Automatically Detect This Network’s Proxy Settings
This section will show the various solutions by using which you can solve the given problem.
Use Commands To Reset Winsock
In this point, you have to reset the settings of the Winsock back to its default state by following the certain commands down below.
- Hit the ‘Windows’ Key on the keyboard. Now, in the search area enter a command ‘cmd.’ In the search output, locate the ‘Command Prompt’ and right-click on it. After that, select an option ‘Run as administrator…’ from the options list.
- In the ‘Command Prompt’ window, type the following command – ‘netsh winsock reset catalog’ and then hit ‘Enter’ to execute it.
- After the execution is over, simply restart the machine and now inspect if the problem is there or not. If the error still persists then see the next step.
- Enter the following command ‘netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log’ and again tap on the ‘Enter’ button to run the command.
- Once again, enter a command ‘netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log’, to run press run. At last, type in ‘exit’ then depress ‘Enter’ to close the application.
Finally, restart your computer and look to see if there is any error or not.
Do Not Put Check Mark On An Option Proxy Server
- First, hit simultaneously the combination of ‘Windows key + R’ to open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- In the dialog box type a command ‘inetcpl.cpl and then tap Enter.
- Within the ‘Internet Properties’ go to the ‘Connections’ tab. Under this tab, in the ‘Local Area Network (LAN) settings’ heading hit the button ‘LAN settings’.
- Now, in the new dialog box, under the heading ‘Proxy server’, uncheck an option that says ‘Use a proxy server for your LAN(These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)’
- Finally, tap on the ‘OK’ button in this dialog box, then again hit the ‘OK’ button in the ‘Internet Properties dialog box also. Now, inspect the internet connection and see if it is working correctly or not.
Look For Virus Infections
If there any virus or malware present in your system then those malicious programs can cause the Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings issue. Most of the malicious programs can alter the settings of your internet connection. Due to that, you may not able to access it at all. In order to protect your system from the malicious softwares, always update the databases of your antivirus. If you do not have an antivirus software then consider installing it. Follow the steps below to scan the whole system.
- Open the antivirus software that you have installed in your system. Now, run a full scan of your system.
- If the antivirus software catches any dodgy looking file then either to delete or quarantine that file from your system.
Restore Your System To A Correct Restore Point
If the cause of this problem is due to a corruption, then the best solution to resolve this problem is to do a System Restore. You can restore your system by selecting a restore point that is created automatically after a period of time. The only thing that you will have to do is to select a restore point before the given problem started and then your sytem will be restored to its initial state.
Perform A SFC Scan
As the given problem is due to corrupt system files that has changed the settings of your internet connection. Therefore performing SFC scan is a good solution in resolving this issue. An SFC scan looks for any system files that are corrupted and after finding it, those files will get replaced with the correct ones.
In order to do the SFC scan, follow the steps below.
- First, hit the ‘Windows’ key. Then in the search area type a command cmd. From the search result, go to the ‘Command Prompt’ option, then right-click on it. After that, select the ‘Run as administrator..’ from the options menu to open the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- In that window, type in the following command ‘sfc /scannow’ and hit on ‘Enter’ key to execute it.
- Now, allow the process of scanning to complete.
- At last, examine the internet connectivity and see if the problem persists or not.
If following all the points that are given above you can able to solve the windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings error, then it is fine. But, if you could not solve this problem, then provide your query in the comment section below.