One thing that most of the Windows users fear is the infamous BSOD, which is also known as Blue Screen of Death. Mainly, users receive this error in the form of “unexpected store exception” on their Windows device. The main reason behind the error seems to be the antivirus program. Moreover, when you try to update your device, you might confront this issue. The problem might appear due to the older version of the Operating System.
In this article, we are going to provide some essential hacks to troubleshoot the problem. Hence, if you are going through this problem, then you are advised to apply the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
Quick Solutions to Fix Unexpected Store Exception Issue
Basically, when you try to update the latest version of Windows Operating System, then this unexpected store exception issue appears. However, you need to fix the issue anyhow. Hence, to resolve the issue, you need to perform the below solutions.
Fix 1: Update the Windows Operating System
As the problem occurs due to the outdated version of Windows Operating System, then you need to start with updating the OS. Microsoft constantly provides updates for the Operating System to fix minor technical flaws. This is quite an easy task that you can perform without facing any difficulties. To update the Windows OS to its latest version, go through the steps as described in the section below.
At first, press the Windows key and I key from the keyboard to launch the Settings option. From the Settings menu, select the “Update and security” option which is available from the bottom left corner of the system screen.
At last, select Windows Update from the left panel and click on it. It will automatically search whether an updated version is available or not. If yes, it will start to download the latest version automatically.
After completing the downloading process, install the updated version and restart the system and check if the unexpected store exception Windows 10 error still exist or not. Otherwise, move to the next solution.
Fix 2: Reinstall the Antivirus Program
Stop code unexpected store exception error can also occur due to the antivirus software. Check whether the antivirus software is updated or not. If not, then update it. If the updated version is unable to resolve the issue, then you need to reinstall the antivirus program. To do so, follow the steps that are mentioned in the section below.
- At first, press the Start button and then open the Control Panel option. In the Control Panel option, you will find the Programs option, click on that.
- From the Programs option and select the “Programs and Features” option. In this section, locate the antivirus software.
- Right-click on the antivirus program and select the Uninstall option from the drop-down menu. It will automatically remove the antivirus from your device.
If you are done with these steps, then it indicates that you possibly have solved the issue.
Fix 3: Check the Hard Drive Connections
Most of the users reported that the Blue Screen of Death error might occur due to a fault within the hardware. The main problem occurs in the SSD. Hence, you need to replace it with a new one. Moreover, the problem can also appear due to hard drives. To get rid of this situation, you need to disconnect the hard drive and reconnect it again to solve the hard drive issue. You can also change the cable while connecting the motherboard.
Fix 4: Uninstall the Problematic Driver
The Blue Screen error can appear when there is a problematic driver installed on your device. Hence, you need to uninstall them one by one in order to fix this issue. Some of the users reported that the Realtek USB 2.0 Card driver was causing the issue. Hence, you need to locate the driver and uninstall it. To perform the action, go through the following steps.
- To uninstall the Realtek USB 2.0 Card driver from the system, first, you need to open the Control Panel option.
- From there go to the Programs > ‘Programs and Features’ option. After that, locate the driver and right-click on it to select the Uninstall button.
When you have successfully uninstalled the driver, restart the system and check whether the problem gets resolved.
Verify the Problematic Drivers:
Further, you need to make sure that your device does not contain any problematic drivers. To verify that follow the below mentioned steps.
- At first, open the Device Manager option by pressing the Windows key and X simultaneously.
- In the Device Manager option, you need to find out the problematic drivers. After getting that, right-click on it and select Uninstall Device from the menu.
- A confirmation dialog box will prompt on the system screen. Click OK to delete the driver.
In case this process also fails to fix the issue, we have listed another solution in order to resolve the issue.
Fix 5: Turn Off the File History Feature
There are useful features present called File History which allows you to recover the files if they become corrupted. By default, this feature is disabled. But, if are using it, then you should disable this feature. In order to fix unexpected store exception error, you need to turn Off the File History. To perform the action, follow the steps that are mentioned underneath.
- At first, you need to launch the Settings application. You can do it by pressing the Windows key and at the same time.
- After that, head over to the “Update & Security” section. Then, move to the Backup section which is available in the left panel of the system screen.
- Now, disable the “Automatically backup files” option. If you do not find the option, it means that File History is not running on your device.
Once you are done with this step, the issue should be completely fixed.
Fix 6: Check the Hard Drive Issue
Presence of any damaged files in the hard drive of your device will cause this error message. Hence, in order to fix the issue, you will have to locate what is wrong with the files that are stored on the hard drive. Here are the steps that you need to follow the steps mentioned underneath.
- In the first steps, press the Start button and type “gpedit.msc” in the search bar. You will find Computer Configuration from the left-hand side of the window.
- After that, expand the Administrative Templates option and move to the System option. Now, go to the Device Installation option.
- Click on the Device Installation option and select “Prevent Installation of Devices not described by other policy settings” option. And double-click on it.
- Now, a pop-up window will appear on the system screen. Then, press Enabled and click OK to confirm the action.
Once done restart the system and check whether the problem gets resolved.
Fix 7: Update the Display Drivers
You need to start the computer in Safe Mode and remove the presently using an installed display card driver. You need to boot the system in Safe Mode and press on the Windows key, and then open the Device Manager option.
From the Device Manager option, you need to expand the Display Adapters Section, and then locate the Display Drivers. Then, right-click on it. A drop-down menu will pop-up on the system screen. Select Uninstall from the list and click OK to confirm the action.
After that, visit the developer websites and search for the Display Card driver. Download the software and install it on your device. After that, check whether the problem still persists or not.
Fix 8: Run the SFC
There is another Windows system tool available named as System File Checker or SFC. You can use this tool in order to fix the problem unexpected store exception on your Windows 10 device. Follow the next section, you will learn how to use this tool.
- At first, open the Command Prompt with the Administrative Privileges by typing “Command Prompt” in the search bar.
- After that, type “sfc/scannow” in the command box and hit the Enter button.
It will take a few minutes to scan your device and search for the corrupted files. It will surely help you to fix the issue.
Fix 9: Check the BIOS Configuration
If the hard drive is working properly, then it is possible that the unexpected store exception BSOD on Windows 10 might appear when the BIOS’s configuration is not set properly.
In order to set the configuration, first, you need to access the BIOS, and then you can change the settings. At first, enter the BIOS and ensure that the SATA configuration is set properly. You need to check the motherboard, manually. If you are not much acquainted with the technical terms, then opt for an expert’s assistance.
On the whole, these are the steps that you need to follow in order to solve an unexpected store exception issue on your Windows 10 device. In this article, we have discussed the facts and their solutions to help you prevent the error as well. Hopefully, you can easily fix the issue after performing the steps. If you face any difficulties while applying the steps, then post your queries in the comment section below.