There are many users who have reported that they often notice TouchPad scroll not working on Windows 10 Operating System. The problem with TouchPad scroll mainly appears just after updating the Windows version.
Other than this, there are various reasons that can lead to this issue. The problem might appear due to the conflicting driver or any hardware fault.
If you are experiencing this trouble, then this guide will help you to get rid of the situation. Go through our article and learn all the easy tricks that can help you to resolve the situation.
Easy Ways to Fix TouchPad Scroll Not Working Windows 10
Here, we are going to present some of the easiest methods that can help you to fix TouchPad scroll not working on Windows 10. You should try all the steps that we have mentioned through our guide.
Fix 1: Turn on the Two-Finger Scrolling
The TouchPad two-finger scroll not working can be resolved by enabling the two-finger scrolling mode. The following steps will help you turn it on.
- At first, open the Start menu and write down “Control Panel” in the search box. Then, click on the Control Panel option from the appearing list of results.
- Set the “View by” option category and click on the “Hardware and Sound” option.
- Then, click on the Mouse option from the “Device and Printers” section.
- Go to the Device Settings tab and click on it. Then, click on the Settings button and highlight the Synaptics TouchPad.
- Open the Multi Finger Gestures section and mark on the checkbox next to the Two-Finger Scrolling option.
- Lastly, click on the Apply button and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 2: Roll back the TouchPad Driver
You can roll back the driver to fix the problem. Go through the steps that are mentioned below.
- At first click on the Start button and look for the Device Manager option.
- Open the “Mice and other pointing devices” category and choose the TouchPad device option and right-click on it. Then, choose the Properties option.
- Go to the Driver tab and click on the Roll Back driver button.
- Click on the Yes option to continue with it and restart the system.
If the problem does not get resolved by performing this method, then you should uninstall and update the driver.
Fix 3: Restore the Default Driver of the TouchPad
Restore the default driver for TouchPad to get rid of the problem on Windows 10. Follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- At first, open the Run dialog box while pressing the Windows logo key + R button from the keyboard.
- Write down “devmgmt.msc” in the appearing dialog box and press the Enter key.
- When it opens the Device Manager window, click on the “Mice and other pointing devices” option.
- Then, a pop-up menu will appear on the computer screen and click on the Properties button.
- After that, go to the Driver tab and click on the Uninstall button. Then, click on the OK option and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Switch the Mouse Pointer
Switching the mouse pointer can also help to resolve the scrolling issue. If the procedure is not known to you, then you should follow the steps that are given below.
- At first, open the Run dialog box while pressing the Win key + R button from the keyboard. Then, write down “Control” in the appearing dialog box and press the Enter key.
- Click on the Control Panel option from the appearing list of results.
- Check if the “View by” option is set to Category and select the “Hardware and Sound” option.
- Then, click on the Mouse option that you can find under the “Devices and Printers” section.
- Change the to Pointers tab under the Mouse Properties.
- Click on the Scheme drop-down menu and select any of the schemes as per your choice.
- Lastly, click on the Apply and OK button to finish the task.
Fix 5: Update the TouchPad Driver
You can update the TouchPad driver to fix the problem because sometimes the problem might occur due to outdated TouchPad driver. Here are the steps that can help you to update it.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website of the PC and choose the model number of your computer.
- Then, download the newest TouchPad driver by clicking the Download button.
- Go to the downloaded driver file and right-click on it, then select the Properties option.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and choose the “Run this program in Compatibility mode” button.
- Thereafter, choose the version of your Operating System.
- Lastly, install the driver and restart the computer.
Fix 6: Edit the Registry Values
Here is another sure-fire solution that can help you to fix, in case, TouchPad two-finger scroll not working. The procedure on how to edit the registry values that are given below:
- At first, press the Win key + R button from the keyboard to open the Run dialog box. And write down “regedit” in the appearing dialog box, then press the Enter button.
- After, opening the registry editor move on to the following path:
- Then, you will find a list of different keys, you should change the keys as per the guidance provided below.
- You should double click on any of the keys to change the value and hit the OK button after applying the changes.
- 2FingerTapPluginID – This will help you to remove the existing value and this should be empty.
- 3FingerTapPluginID – Remove the value that is existing, it needs to be vacant.
- MultiFingerTapFlags – Change the value from 2 to 3.
- 3FingerTapAction – 4
- 3FingerTapPluginActionID – 0
- 2FingerTapAction –
Lastly, restart the computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 7: Turn on the Virtual Scrolling
Turn on the virtual scrolling by following steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu and write down “Control Panel” in the Search box. Then, click on the Control Panel option from the appearing list of results.
- Click on the Mouse option. If you are unable to find the Mouse option, then this indicates that the options are marked as categories.
- Then, click on the Hardware option to find the Mouse option.
- Thereafter, move on to the Pointing Device Properties tab from the Mouse window. And click on the Device Settings option.
- Choose the “Virtual Scrolling” and “Long Distance Scrolling” options and check-mark the other required options as per your preference.
- Click on the Scrolling Region option and point the area where TouchPad scroll is available on the TouchPad.
Through this article, we have tried to provide you all the possible fixes that can help you resolve TouchPad scroll not working issue. The strategies that we recommend are proven and therefore you can try these to resolve the problem.
Sometimes, the problem can appear due to hardware confliction. If you lack proper technical knowledge, then you should consult with the experts.
If this article helps you to resolve the matter, then you can share your feedback in the comment section.