iTunes, from Apple Inc., allows its users to manage their iOS device without any complications. It helps you to update and provides easy access to songs, playlists on your iOS devices. It also helps you to manage their device data and they can back up the data as well. But sometimes, while doing this you can face “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing.” Basically, you can get this error primarily while restoring the iOS device. Moreover, the error occurs particularly when performing the DFU restore. An outdated version of iTunes is also responsible for this annoying issue.
If you are facing the same situation, and searching for reliable solutions, then this is the place you have been looking for. Go through this article and apply them accordingly to get rid of this situation.
Effective Hacks for “iTunes Could Not Connect to This iPhone. The Value is Missing”
There are multiple ways in which you can easily troubleshoot iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing problem. We are going to list some simple and effective ways which you will help to implement in an easy way.
Tip 1: Update iTunes
As we discussed earlier that an outdated version of iTunes might be responsible for iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing. iPhone 6s. Hence, the ultimate solution to get rid of this situation is to update iTunes. Here are the procedures to do this, follow the steps below.
- At first, open iTunes on the system and click on the Help tab. A drop-down menu will appear on the system screen. Select the ‘Check for Updates’ option from the list.
- It will take a couple of seconds to check for updates. When it finds the updated version, it will start to download the fresh version. Install the downloaded version and restart the system.
Once you are done with this, try to launch the iTunes application and restore the data. Check whether the same error message comes up or not.
Tip 2: Reinstall iTunes
If the iTunes files get corrupted and as a result, iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. the value is missing. iPhone 7 error appears. To perform the action, go through the steps that are mentioned in the following section.
Here, in this section, we have discussed the procedures for both the Windows device and iOs device.
The Procedures for Windows Computer
To uninstall iTunes on your Windows computer, follow the steps that are discussed in the section below.
- At first, press the Start button and move to the Control Panel option.
- After that, click on the Programs option. Then, choose the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Lastly, search for the iTunes application from the list and right-click on it. Choose the Uninstall option from the list. Also, delete all the software components related to Apple.
After successfully removing iTunes from your device and restart it. After that, download the fresh version of the iTunes application and check whether the problem gets resolved.
Procedures for Mac Computer
On the Mac computer, iTunes is a built-in application. Hence, uninstalling iTunes is much more difficult compared to a Windows device. Therefore, follow the steps that are mentioned in the following section.
- At first, launch the Applications folder and search for the iTunes application. Select the iTunes application and right-click on it. After that, choose ‘Get info’ section.
- Now, select the little lock icon which is present in the right bottom corner of the system screen.
- Then, you need to insert the administrator password. Next, press the ‘Sharing and Permissions’ and as a result, a new window will come up.
- After that, press on the ‘Read & Write privileges’, and then select Everyone.
- Now, drag the iTunes application to the Trash folder. Once you are done with this, restart the system and then download the latest version of iTunes from the official websites.
- Install the downloaded file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further.
After getting the latest version of iTunes, try to restore your device. If you are still getting the error, then try the following procedures.
Tip 3: Perform Hard Reset and Restore the iOS Device
After applying the above processes, if you are still facing the same error, then you can try this method. Hope, this will work for you and able to solve the issue instantly. To do so, follow the instructions that are mentioned in the section below.
- Firstly, connect your iPhone with the computer with the help of a USB cable. Try to perform a Hard Reset on your iOS device. If you do not know the exact procedures to do so, then the next point will help you out.
- Restart iTunes and when the Apple logo appears on the system screen, press F12 continuously. You will find two options in a dialogue box. The first one is Update and the second one is the Restore option.
- Click on the Restore option and confirm your choice when it asked again. If the restore process does not start even after, then press the Cancel option in the next page.
- Thereafter, click on the Restore option which is in the iTunes application. Lastly, confirm the choice and then the restore process will begin.
This is not at all a complicated issue. You can solve the issue in less than 5 minutes. Hence, if you are dealing with “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. the value is missing” issue on your iOS device, then this article will definitely help you. It is recommended to follow the article carefully and perform the steps that are described in the above section. Furthermore, if you like this article, do not forget to share your feedback with us. If you want more tech-related articles, stay connected with this website.