Many Windows users face the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable issue on their screen numerous times. This is one of the most complicated and annoying error messages.
This error generally prompts when you have deleted all the certain files out of the system which is crucial to read the files and directory.
So, if you are one of those unfortunate and wondering for some effective tricks to eliminate this bug from your PC, then you have come to the perfect place.
In this article, we have discussed all the root causes and some effective tips and tricks to overcome this issue in a few moments.
Root Causes for the File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable Error:
If you are getting the error 0x80070570 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable issue on your Windows, then this might be occurring due to numerous reasons.
This error mainly prompts if there are some faults with the hardware components on your system.
If you have stored all the software components for a long time on your disk, then it will cause the error code 0x80070570.
Using the third-party antivirus application on your Windows is another prime cause for this error.
However, we have got some amazing and effective hacks to overcome this issue that we have shared in the next section.
Brilliant Hacks to Eliminate the File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable Error:
We are sharing all the effective solutions to eliminate the error 0x80070570 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable on your own.
You can perform all the methods discussed below in order to get back your PC to read the files and directory as earlier.
Method 1: Check your Hard Drive for Errors
If you are encountering the directory is corrupted and unreadable issues on your Windows, then there might be some hardware issues that are affecting your computer.
You need to check all the hard drive components to check for the error. Here are some steps to do so.
- Turn on the computer and double-click on the My Computer option to open the action.
- After that, select the This PC option from the very left pane of the screen and click on that.
- Now, right-click on that and select the Properties option from the very bottom of the results.
- Drive to the Tools tab from the upper section of the screen and click on the Check option.
- Select the Check Automatically fix System Errors option from the right corner of the screen and click on that.
- Wait a minute to complete the scan and then press the Windows+X key to open the Device Manager.
- Now, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the list and enter the following command “chkdsk” into the Command box.
- Tap the Enter key and wait at least 10 minutes to complete the scan.
Now, when the result appears on the next screen, click on the Show result option and then on the Repair button below to eliminate the affected stuff out.
Now, restart the computer and see if the error 0x80070570 is now fixed. If still, you are getting the same error on your device, try another solution discussed below.
Method 2: Delete All Files Software Distribution Directory
In case, the software distribution directory gets affected, you will get the error 0x80070570 on your PC.
Following are some of the steps cited under to delete all the software distribution directory files from your PC.
- At first, turn on your computer and launch the Command prompt administrator on your computer.
- Enter the following command “net stop wuauserv, net stop bits” into the command pane and tap the Enter key to invoke the action.
- Now, minimize the Command prompt and navigate to the C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution directory from the list.
- After that, select the Delete All option from the upper pane and go back to the Command prompt box again.
- This time, enter the following command “ net start wuauserv, net start bits” into the command pane and tap the Enter key to proceed.
Restart the machine and recognize if the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable issue is settled.
If the above method fails or still you are encountering the issue, try another solution below.
Method 3: Perform a Startup Repair on your Windows
The Windows Startup Repair is an essential recovery tool that allows fixing certain system problems that might prevent the Windows from booting successfully.
You need to utilize the Startup Repair Tool to overcome the error 0x80070570. Listed below are some of the best steps to do so.
- Locate the Start button from the left pane of the screen and while pressing the Shift key, select the Restart button.
- When the computer restarts, choose the Advanced Startup title from the screen and agree on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, click on the Advanced option and then locate the Startup Repair option on the screen.
- Click on that option and enter the Administrator password if asked to do so.
- After that, the computer will start searching for the faults and then click on Show Result.
- At last, click on the Repair option and then click on Finish when the task is completed.
Restart the PC again and see if the error code 0x80070570 or the file directory is now readable as earlier.
If the above method fails or the issue still remains, you can try the next solutions mentioned below.
Method 4: Disable the Third-Party Antivirus Security from your Computer
If all the above methods managed to repair this error, you need to disable the third-party antivirus from your PC.
- Turn on your computer and launch the Control Panel from the Windows Start bar or from Run Command.
- Locate the Windows notification area on your screen and click on that to invoke the Antivirus Protection Program icon.
- After that, right-click the Antivirus that you are using and select the Disable option from the list.
- Now, select the Stop option from the very bottom of the screen. Further, choose the Shut Down option when prompts.
Now, turn on the computer again and see if the files directories are now readable as earlier.
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable is not a major issue. You can try out the hacks mentioned above to troubleshoot this issue from your Windows.
Hope the report was successful enough to supervise you on how to fix the error 0x80070570.
In case, the above techniques fail or the or the issue still exists, then you can feel free to take expert guidance.
At last, share your precious feedback in the comment section cited hereunder.