System Service Exception is basically a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issue that takes place in Windows 10. This error takes place owing to several factors such as graphic user interface error, disrupted system files and obsolete drivers.
Although there are manifold reasons behind this issue, there are various workarounds to resolve this issue instantly. The major course of action is to update the drivers and look for Windows 10 system files.
But here, we have presented some major fixes that will help you to resolve this issue in no time. Therefore, follow this informative user guide seriously without further delay.
How to Fix System Service Exception Windows 10?
Here are some of the major steps that you need to follow to resolve this issue without any hassle.
Update Windows 10
The first and foremost thing that you should do is to examine whether Windows 10 is completely updated or not. Obsolete system files can lead to unusual errors. Examining a pending update is an effective way to find out what is causing this annoying error.
So, follow the under-mentioned steps to do this:
- First of all, you need to hold the combination of Windows as well as I key simultaneously.
- After that, move to the Update & Security tab.
- Now, you have to examine if there is any Windows update available under Windows Update option.
- If there is any update available, then quickly save the important files. After that, press the Restart button. The system will start the reboot process instantaneously.
Update System Drivers
Through Windows Update, you can keep your driver up-to-date. Automated process signifies that system drivers are less likely to fall behind the suggested version.
Therefore, in order to obtain the recent update for automatic drivers, go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Move to the Update & Security tab.
- After that, click on Windows Update.
- Now, click on View Update History. You will find the recent driver updates.
- Then, enter “device manager” in the Start search bar. After that, choose the best match from the list.
- Scroll down the list and look for an error symbol. If you find nothing, then the driver status is not the actual source of the error.
- Furthermore, if the yellow alert symbol is present, you need to open the tab with the help of the drop-down arrow. After that, right-click on the problematic driver and choose Update Driver option.
- Then, you have to choose Search automatically for updated driver software. This will allow the Windows to automate the update process.
If the above process doesn’t fit as per your requirement, then you should run Windows Check Disk available in the Command Prompt. CHKDSK is basically a Windows system tool that examines the system files.
Therefore, if you like to run CHKDSK, then please take a look at the below steps.
- Write Command Prompt in the search bar of the Start menu.
- After that, you have to right-click on the best match and choose Run as administrator. Otherwise, you need to hold the combination of Windows as well as X key.
- After that, choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now, enter “chkdsk /r” and click on Enter.
This command will help you to scan the system and thereby helps you to resolve system service exception error.
Run SFC (System File Checker)
With the help of System File Check, you can easily examine the missing or corrupted system files. Similar to CHKDSK right? Well, there is a thin line of difference between the two.
SFC examines for Windows system files whereas CHKDSK scans the entire portion of the drive for errors. However, before you start running, it is imperative to cross-check to know whether it is completely functional or not.
In order to do this, work through the following steps:
- Enter Command Prompt (Admin) in the Windows search bar. After that, right-click and choose Run as Administrator in order to open an elevated Command Prompt.
- Now, you need to enter the following command and then press Enter
DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- Then, wait for a while till the command executes properly. The entire process is a bit time-consuming. It will take almost 20 minutes. However, it solely depends on the health of the system.
- Upon completion of the entire process, enter sfc /scannow and then hit Enter.
Reset Windows 10
If none of the above methods works for you, it is imperative to use Windows 10 Reset function in order to refresh the system files. With the help of the Windows 10 Reset, you can easily replace the system files with a brand new set.
Therefore, it removes the lingering issues pertaining to the service exception error. However, it keeps most of the files intact. In order to accomplish this, follow the under-mentioned steps:
- First, move to the Settings option.
- After that, click on Update and Security.
- Thereafter, click on Recovery.
- Furthermore, you have to choose to Get Started option available under Reset this PC option. The system will restart when you click on the button. Henceforth, we suggest you keep a backup of all the confidential files before going ahead.
- Now, the system will restart. After that, you have to choose to Keep my files or Removes everything option.
This will surely be able to remove system service exception Windows 10 error in no time. However, if you face this issue even after performing the above steps diligently, then you can use any automated software to sort things out on priority.
One of the methods mentioned above will surely be able to remove the error leaving the system BSOD free. However, there is an additional way to get things sorted. You need to go through the recently installed programs and then uninstall each and every one of them till the issue gets resolved.
However, you can take help from professionals if none of the fixes work.