Users have reported that they often face an issue while using Spotify. They reported that the Spotify web player is not working correctly, so they are unable to use the service further.
This problem can show up when there is an issue with the internet connection. This issue can also come up when a newer version of web player gets installed. There can be various other reasons as to why this error occurs after all.
If the firewall blocks the access to the Spotify server, then there is a chance for you to encounter this error. Also, if the cache files within the browser where the Spotify web player opens, gets corrupt, then this error can crop up.
Further, if the browser is not up to date, then also you can face this problem. Go through this article thoroughly to learn the fixes to rectify this issue.
Spotify Web Player Not Working: The Solutions
In this section of the article, we will discuss various methods which will help you to eradicate the issue regarding the Spotify web player that does not work.
Method 1: Deactivate the Windows Defender Firewall
The native firewall within the Windows OS can block any website that it deems to be harmful to the machine. Now, due to some internal issue, sometimes, the Windows Defender Firewall tool can block the Spotify Web Player.
Thus the best answer to resolve this issue is to disable the Windows Defender Firewall. Here are the steps on how to do that.
- First, tap on the combination of keys ‘Windows + R’ together. Then, a new dialog box with the name ‘Run’ will come up at the lower left bottom of the screen.
- Next, within that dialog box, beside the label ‘Open:’ write the text – “control panel” on the blank space. Next, press on the ‘Enter’ key.
- Now, a new window with the title ‘Control Panel’ will come up. Inside that window, there will be various setting categories for the computer, which can be altered by you.
- Out of those settings, locate and then choose the ‘Network and Internet’ category. After that, a new page will show up that has a similar name to the one you chose.
- Next, from that page, locate the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ option. Inside that page, navigate to the left pane and then from the bottom, choose the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ link.
- After that, another page with the title ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ and the heading ‘Help protect your computer with Window Defender Firewall’ will come up. In this page move to the left pane and click on the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ link.
- Now, a ‘Customize Settings’ page will show up, in it, choose the ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option, under both the ‘Private network settings’ and ‘Public network settings’.
- At last, click on the ‘OK’ button.
Method 2: Delete the Browser Cache
Sometimes, when the contents within the browser cache memory get corrupted, then you face this issue. Now, the feasible solution to fix the Spotify web player not working on Chrome is to clear the cache memory within the browser.
In order to do that, follow the steps underneath. Here the steps given are specifically for the Chrome browser.
- First, launch the Chrome browser on your computer. Then, go to the top-right edge of the window and click on the ‘three vertical dots’. This will open the main menu for the browser within a drop-down list.
- Now, go to the ‘More tools’ option and hover the mouse pointer. This action will reveal the submenu. Next, from that submenu find and then choose the ‘Clear browsing data…’ option.
- As soon as you click it, a new popup window with the name ‘Clear browsing data’ will come up. Within that window, select the ‘Time Range’ as ‘All time’ from the drop-down list.
- After that, put a checkmark in the following options: ‘Browsing history’, ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’.
- Tap on the ‘Clear data’ button to remove every content within the Chrome browser cache memory.
- Lastly, close and start the Google Chrome browser once again and then try to access the Spotify web player to see if this error reappears or not.
Method 3: Update the Browser
Here, in this subsection, there will be steps that will help you to update the Chrome browser specifically.
- First, open the computer and then locate and double-click on the ‘Google Chrome’ icon. This will launch the web browser.
- Next, go the URL bar present at the top of the window then, input the following address “chrome://settings” and tap on the ‘Enter’ key.
- This action will launch a new window with the heading ‘Settings’. Now, inside that window, beside the ‘Settings’ heading, tap on the ‘three horizontal lines’.
- From that pane that appears, go to bottom and then choose the ‘About Chrome’ link. As soon as you click on that link, a new page with the subheading ‘About Chrome’ will come up.
- When that page appears, the web browser will start looking for updates. If there is an update present, then that will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- At last, restart the browser and then see whether this error comes up or not when you try to use the web player of Spotify.
Method 4: Examine the Network Connection
This is the last method that can help you resolve the Spotify web player not working. Now, the best possible answer to get rid of this problem is to check the network connection. Follow the steps beneath to learn how can you do it.
- First, from the back of the router, tap on the ‘Power’ button to turn the device off.
- After that, unplug the power cable from the wall socket and remove the ‘Ethernet’ cable from the router.
- Now, wait for a minute or two. Then, put the ‘LAN’ cable back into its proper place and plug in the power wire into the wall socket.
- Next, switch on the router device and then check whether the ‘Network’ LED is lit.
- Lastly, try to access the web player of Spotify and see if this glitch comes back or not.
In order to mitigate the Spotify web player not working issue, you can follow the methods given above.
However, if even after following every method, you are still unable to resolve this issue,
then do not worry. Just, provide all the details of your query in the comment section below and get an instant effective answer for your query from an expert.