With the help of audio-video calling applications like Skype, the mode of communication is getting much easier. But, there are certain times when users encounter various types of errors on these applications and the Skype Can’t Connect Windows 10 and Mac error is one of them.
Many Windows and Mac users get this error message when they launch the Skype application on their system. Most of the time, this error is generated due to simple software misconfigurations and irrelevant system settings.
Hence, it is quite easy to solve the problem with the help of adequate solutions. Now, if you are one of those users who want to learn the best ways to remove this error message, then follow this article to the end.
Main Reasons for the Skype Can’t Connect Error Message
Skype can’t connect error can occur due to many problematic factors. We have described some of them in the section below, have a look:
- The Skype server is under maintenance or down.
- Skype application is outdated or corrupted.
- Missed Windows Update
- Heavy network usage by other applications
- Improper network settings
Now, if you must have a vivid idea about the possible factors which may trigger the Skype Can’t Connect Windows or Mac-based system, then let’s move on to the solutions.
Ways to Resolve the Skype Can’t Connect Error
To resolve the Skype can’t connect error on your system, you need to follow some simple and straightforward solution. And those solutions are given below.
Check the Skype Heartbeat
If the Skype application stops connecting suddenly, then you should check the status of the Skype server. This is because, most of the time, this issue appears on the Skype application because of the server issue.
And to check that, you need to test the Skype Heartbeat. To do that, follow the given steps.
- Open the Skype application and click on the Help option
- Then, click on the Heartbeat option in order to start the checkup process.
- A new webpage will appear on the window. There you will get the status of Skype’s system.
If anything is wrong with the Skype server, then it will appear on the screen. However, if the servers are working properly, then follow the other solutions given in this article.
Updated the Skype application to the Latest Version
If you don’t get an error message on the Skype Heartbeat’s webpage, then it is quite possible that the Skype application is outdated. You need to update it to the latest version fix the Skype issue.
Now, to perform that task on your system follow the given steps.
- Launch the Skype application and click on the Help option.
- A drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- In that menu, you will get the “Check for updates” option. Click on it.
- Skype Update box will appear on the screen. In that, you will get two options. The Update Classic Skype option and Try the new Skype option.
- Select that option which is fit for your needs.
After that, the update process will start on the system. It will take some time, so be patient.
Apart from the given method, you can also update the application by manually downloading and installing the latest version of the application from the official website of Skype.
Look for Available Windows Update
Another factor that can cause this issue is if in case you have missed the Windows Updates. And in order to fix the Skype issue, the user needs to install those updates on the system.
Now, to execute a Windows Update search and installation process on the system, follow the given instructions.
- Open the Setting window by pressing the Windows key + I key at the same time.
- Then, in the Setting window, look for the “Update & security” option and click on it.
- The “Update & security” window will come up on the screen. There you need to click on the Check for updates button.
Now, you need to wait, until the Windows Update tool searches and download all the available updates for the system. Once the Windows Update tool finishes its task, reboot the system in order to save and apply all the new updates.
After doing all of this, you just need to check the workability status of the Skype application.
Refresh the Network Settings
If the Network bandwidth is overburdened due to downloading of large sizes applications and files, then you will experience a Skype issue. To resolve that you can close those applications which require intensive network usage.
However, if that thing doesn’t help you out, then refresh the Network settings using the given instructions.
- Open the WinX menu by pressing the Windows key + X key at the same time. Then, click on the Command Prompt (Admin) option in order to launch its window.
- In that window, type in the following commands lines and hit the Enter key at the end of each line.
ipconfig /release; ipconfig /renew; netsh winsock reset; netsh int ip reset;ipconfig /flushdns; ipconfig /registerdns; netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled; netsh int tcp set globa; autotuninglevel=disabled; netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled; netsh int tcp show global
- After using those commands lines, reboot the system and then re-configure the network.
Once you have completed that task, launch the Skype application and verify the status of the issue.
We hope that our article has given you enough information on Skype Can’t Connect Mac and Windows. However, if you need more information on this topic, then follow our upcoming articles.