Microsoft Outlook is one of the well-known email service providers. However, it results in several issues. One such problem is the Outlook error 0x800ccc67. The glitch may arise if you have any third-party antivirus software installed in your system. However, it may also occur if the Windows Firewall is enabled. A wrong email account setting or a misconfigured SMTP port may also be the cause behind the error. Furthermore, it may also cause due to the incomplete download or installation of Outlook, malware or virus infection, removal of the Outlook related files by some third-party application or due to corrupt Windows registry file. If you are encountering similar issues and do not know the ways to fix the glitch, do not worry. In this article, we have mentioned easy and effective procedures to easily fix the error code.
Solutions To Fix The Outlook Error 0x800ccc67
If you are encountering Outlook error 0x800ccc67 and do not know the ways that will help you to fix the glitches, go through the ones given below:
Method 1: Scan For Virus
The error may arise due to a virus or malware infection. Hence, you need to run a full scan to fix the glitch from reappearing. If you do not have any third-party antivirus software, then you can do the process with the Windows Defender as well.
Method 2: Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Software
If you have third-party antivirus software installed in your PC, you might encounter error 0x800ccc67. Therefore to fix the glitch, you need to go through the following steps:
- First, click on the Start menu and then open the Control Panel.
- When the window opens, you need to click on the Programs option.
- Now, click on Programs and Features option.
- Locate the third-party antivirus software that you are using and then click on it.
- Right-click on it and then choose the Uninstall option.
- When the process ends, reboot your system and then check if the error resolves.
- However, if you do not want to uninstall the software, you can temporarily disable it.
Method 3: Disable Your Firewall Temporarily
Along with disabling or uninstalling the antivirus software, you can also disable the Firewall temporarily. The Outlook error code 0x800CCC67 is identified when the program interferes on most of the websites. Therefore, disabling is the best way to resolve the problem. Go through the following procedures to disable the Firewall.
- Click on the Start menu and then you need to open the Control Panel.
- Upon opening the Control Panel window look for the System and Security option and then you need to click on it.
- Now, you need to select the Windows Firewall option.
- Check if the Windows Firewall is enabled, you need to click on it to disable the Firewall.
- Finally, for disabling, you need to go to the Customize Settings window and then select the Turn off Windows Firewall option. Click on OK to save the changes.
Method 4: Change the SMTP Port
To resolve the Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc67, you can also change the STMP port. Often the error code 0x800ccc67 might arise due to the wrong settings in the port.
- You need to open the Microsoft Outlook.
- Now, you need to select your account. You will find it under the email tab.
- Press on the Change button.
- When the internet e-mail Settings dialog box appears on your computer screen, you will get to see the settings for your existing account.
- Now, you need to go to the Advanced tab. You will find this under the Outgoing server (SMTP) option and then change the port from 25 to 587.
- Finally, you need to choose the OK button to save the changes that you have created.
- Check if the error that you were encountering resolves.
Method 5: Reinstall MS Outlook
You can also uninstall and then reinstall the Microsoft Outlook. To uninstall the program, go through the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu and then open Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel window appears on your computer screen, you need to click on Programs.
- When the window opens, you need to click on Programs and Features.
- Locate the program you want to uninstall and then click on Uninstall.
- The process will take a few minutes to complete.
- Reinstall Outlook and then check if the error fixes.
Method 6. Undo Recently Done Changes to the System
You can also undo the recent changes that you have made to check the exact one causing the problem. By trying this, you can go back to the time when Outlook was free from errors. Go through the following steps:
- Click on the Start menu and then in the empty field, you need to type System Restore. Press the Enter key.
- When the wizard appears, you need to click on the System Restore button.
- If you are prompted with a message asking you to enter the Administrator password, you need to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Also, you need to choose a point for a restoration.
- Finally, restore and check if the error resolves.
Method 7: Create A New Outlook Profile
If none of the methods help you to get rid of the error, you need to create a new Outlook profile and then check if the error persists. To create a new profile follow the steps given below:
- First, you need to go to the Control Panel by clicking on the Start menu.
- When the Control Panel window appears, you need to choose Mail (32) bit option.
- Now, click on “Show Profiles” and then click on Add.
- Name the new profile and click on OK.
- Provide the information that is required to configure the account and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, try to login with the new profile and check if the error fixes.
Hopefully, the methods mentioned above will help you to resolve the Outlook error 0x800ccc67 easily without facing any difficulty.