Troubleshooting a laptop that doesn’t switch on or boot can really be a hectic job than the PC owing to the inability to delete hardware. This article will guide you with the troubleshooting steps. This will help you to detect the main reason that prevents your laptop from turning on.
Therefore, we suggest you follow each and every one of them till you find the best one as per your need. Please take into account to detach all the peripherals like mouse, thumb drive while you are performing the troubleshooting.
So, follow this user guide with rapt attention to eradicate Laptop won’t turn on issue.
Troubleshooting Guideline to Prevent My Laptop won’t Turn on Issue
Go through the under-mentioned steps to turn on your laptop.
Attach the Power Cable
However, this is obvious that if your laptop runs on battery, then linking the AC adapter can fix this issue instantly. Please make sure that power chord is connected properly to either end.
If you are using a laptop with an adapter that is plugged in, it implies that the battery is either defective or faulty.
Detach from Docking Station
If the laptop uses a docking station, then you need to detach it and then attach the power cord to the laptop. Then, you should switch on the laptop.
Change and Reconnect the Battery
There are many laptops that implement an architecture which does not permit the batteries to be removed. Therefore, if the laptop is devoid of any removable battery, then you skip this step.
The laptop works on power mode that refrains it from booting properly. Then, detach the power cable. After that, remove the battery from the laptop.
Detach both the power cable and the laptop and keep them outside for a minute.
Insert the battery into the laptop and then attach the power cord. Now, try to run the laptop.
Remove the Defective Hardware
If you perform all the above-mentioned steps and still can’t figure out what is going on with the laptop, then the problem lies in the hardware component. There might be a failure of the hardware component.
In this situation, we recommend you to contact the manufacturer to sort thing out. Also, you can take the laptop to the repair shop. They can diagnose the issues and remove the faulty one.
Hard Reset of Laptop
This method is very useful and appears to be in favor of the user. Here’s how you can do it.
- First of all, you need to make sure that the laptop is switched off.
- After that, if you find any kind of external device associated with the laptop, quickly unplug them.
- Now, you need to detach the charger from the laptop. Then, you have to remove the battery.
- After that, hold as well as press the power button for almost 30 seconds.
- Furthermore, you need to attach the power adapter.
- Thereafter, press the power button in order to switch on the laptop.
- Finally, insert the battery back again.
Examine the Condition of the Battery
All of us are quite aware of the fact that the laptop won’t turn on if the power source stops functioning. Henceforth, the foremost thing is to troubleshoot the battery and ensure that everything works as per requirement.
- First of all, you need to make sure that the battery is working fine if the battery is the main power source. However, if the battery is faulty then the only possible workaround is to replace it.
- After that, start your laptop once again. Otherwise, detach the battery and then link the laptop charger to resolve this issue.
- Also, if you are using the power charger as the power source, then you have to make sure that there is no problem with the charger port or the power cable.
- However, if the cable or the AC adapter doesn’t work properly, then it not possible for you to switch on the laptop. In that case, you need to seek professional help and get it replaced.
If there is no problem with the battery after you perform the troubleshooting, then you can use another AC adapter in order to boot your laptop and check if this is compatible or not.
Using a Rescue Disc
A rescue disc will help you to boot your laptop. Also, this will resolve any problems associated with the Windows OS. If the virus is causing any obvious error, then the rescue disc will find it through several scanning tools.
Now, you can easily remove the disgusting malware.
Boot the Laptop in Safe Mode
If you boot into the Safe Mode, then you can fix your laptop. Through the Safe Mode, you can uninstall the new programs or drivers that hampers the laptop. Moreover, you can easily create a new user account if the original one gets corrupted.
Now, you are well versed with reliable techniques to remove the laptop won’t turn on issue. Henceforth, follow this user guide thoroughly to know each and every bit of it.
Moreover, you can refer to the user guide to get a quick glance. Apart from this, if you have any fresh idea, you can provide that in the comment section. And, if none of the methods work, seek help from experts.