iTunes is used to run audio and video and also other types of media available on the iTunes Store. The inbuilt iTunes Store is available on iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices. Through the iTunes Store, users can purchase and download music, videos, podcasts, movies, etc. Despite its advancements sometimes iTunes shows various issues. iTunes error 50 is one of the common issues that people are encountering nowadays. When the iTunes accesses with your device’s library and prevents data syncing, it can not connect to the database server. Instead of that, a popup notification is shown on the screen. When this occurs, sync and download in iTunes fail to execute. Hence, this particular issue is considered as a very annoying to the iTunes users.
If you are facing the issue then you have to know the proper reasons behind it. Because you should not ignore the early signs. Thus, in this article, you will know the possible reason and also the most effective hacks for resolving the issue. Read out the whole guidance and perform exactly the same as stated below.
Probable Reasons For The Error 50
Network connection: If you are connected with your computer, then be sure that you are using a functioning network or WiFi. Because poor internet connection can create this issue.
Users are complaining about the error quite often. This error can occur when you are trying to copy files to other locations, like on the same hard drive or external hard drive. You can see a popup notification which says “The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50).” The reasons that are responsible for the error are:
- Corrupted or missing programs or the system files – If any important files or any relevant system file is missing from your device, then you can get this particular error code as well.
- An old version of any software or system – By any chance, if you are using the old version of iTunes then you might get this error code. Hence, you need to make sure that you are using an updated version on iTunes.
- Misconfigured system settings, iTunes related problems, problems with cache or junk files are also some common reasons for getting this error code as well.
Ways To Resolve Error Code 50
If you are facing the same issue, then you must solve it as soon as possible. Otherwise, your device can get damaged. So follow the steps below:
Method1: Update And Check Login Items
Step 1. Install available updates: Sometimes the old software prevents you from using the computer easily. Therefore, due to the old software or system, the error can occur. For this reason, you need to check for updates and install:
- At first, navigate to the Home screen.
- Then, go to the App Store bar.
- Next, choose the Update tab.
- Finally, Click on the Update All button and check for the available updates.
Step 2. Check login items: If you are using iTunes in your Mac, then you can follow this step to fix the iTunes error 50. Reboot your device in Safe mode to see if the error is occurring or not. If this appears, then the source of the problem may be startup or login items or a text file:
- Firstly, to start the process you must navigate to the System Preferences option.
- Then, choose the bar Users & Groups.
- Next, select on your account icon and navigate to the Login Items option shown on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Select the items from the list.
- Then, tap on the Minus button to clear the items.
- After completing the process, Restart your Mac device and check if the error is resolved.
Method 2. Restore The Device Using Recovery Mode And Reset The Password
If you have never connected an iOS device to any PC, you will require to fix the device in the recovery method. Also, restore it to remove the device. In case, if you do not have the iCloud backup, then you will end up losing all your data using this method:
- First, separate the USB cable from the device.
- Then, switch off the device by pressing and holding the Sleep button for some moments. When the red slider rises, then slide the slider and wait till the device shuts down.
- After that, reconnect the USB cable to the device while holding down the Home button. Now, you can see that the device will turn on.
- Until you notice the Connect to iTunes, keep pressing the Home button.
- iTunes will warn you that it has recognized a system in the recovery mode. Tap on the option OK, and then recover the device.
- Then, go through the prompts in the Setup Assistant and continue it by clicking on the icon “Set up your device.”
- Now, click on Restore from a Backup, and after that log in to iCloud.
- Finally, move to “Choose backup,” next select the available backups found in iCloud.
Method 3. Try To Back Up The iOS Device In iTunes
The first thing you need to try is unlocking the disabled iPad. First, connect the iPad with your computer using a USB and start iTunes. Next, in the top right-side corner, choose the option ‘Ddevice” to display the properties on the screen.
Now, to begin sync, tap on the option “Back Up Now” button. If the device is secured, you will be required to enter the password on your iOS device to start syncing. While putting the password, you should discard the backup and start using your device.
Method 4. Restore The Device Utilizing iTunes And A Previous Backup
As an alternative process, you can choose this one. Because sometimes iTunes need proper backups to work properly. If the backup does not work, you might need to reset the password by restoring the device. For recovering your device and reinstalling your backup go through the following steps and fix the issue.
First of all, attach the device to the computer and start iTunes. If the device is still disabled, then sync the device with iTunes by clicking the “Back Up Now” button. After completing the sync and backup, restore the device again. Select the option “Restore from iTunes backup” while the iOS Setup Assistant requires to fix your device.
Now, choose your device in iTunes and then tap on the up-to-date backup available on your device. Keep waiting patiently for some moments while the restore finishes its procedure. When done, you should have all your documents including photos, emails, and settings in place and the device will not be disabled for any longer.
Hopefully, by trying the above procedures, you will surely get rid of the error code. But if you find any difficulties, then don’t forget to comment in the below box.