iOS update error is one of the most common but annoying issues for every Apple users. It occurs while you try to update or restore the files or important documents from your Apple devices. Moreover, you get stuck with this significant problem if you update iTunes or your iOS device. Furthermore, it blocks the Apple’s server if the users want to modify the iOS device with the jailbreak utility software. You may come across the unexpected message “iOS Error 3194.” As a result, the device stops responding and starts freezing on a frequent basis.
Possible Ways To Fix iOS Update Error 3194
There are multiple ways to resolve the iOS error 3194. An outdated firmware, iTunes update issues, a high-security firewall, etc are the major reasons behind this iOS update error. Here, we are going to discuss some of the effective steps to fix it with ease. So, try performing the methods below and overcome this update problem permanently.
Check Network Connection
A weak WiFi signal causes the iTunes error as well as the iOS update error. Then, you may face the problem if you want to update the software or install a new one.
- Check the network connection first for the wireless network and verify the wireless signal whether it is steady or not. If it shows a weak signal, then immediately contact your ISP to remove the network failure issue.
- You have to check the Ethernet cable connection if you are using the wired network. Moreover, check the port failure issue. Sometimes, a damaged port or a slightly defective cable creates a problem in getting a smooth internet connection. Therefore, the file transfer process will stop and the device will pop-up the error 3194.
Uninstall Security Software
Sometimes, a security software prevents the installation process.
- First, close all the running applications in your Apple device. Then, click on GO from the menu bar.
- Choose Applications from the drop-down list.
- Here, you will get a list of software which you have installed in your system. Click on the antivirus software which you use in your system.
- Double-click on that security software folder and tap on the Antivirus Uninstaller file.
- Choose the option Open and Click on Uninstall to uninstall the software.
- Next, confirm the process by tapping the Yes button from the Uninstaller dialog box. It will take several minutes to complete the antivirus removal process.
- Again, go to the Update & Security window and reduce the Firewall protection before installing or updating any software. Fix the slide bar in the middle or set it as low to fix the error. You may disable it by moving the cursor in the off position.
- When done, reboot your system successfully and check whether the iOS error 3194 persists or not. If the problem is resolved, then try to re-install your antivirus software with the latest version. Otherwise, the malware issues may corrupt the system files as well as damage the disk sectors. Moreover, a strong firewall protects your system from unauthorized access. So, enable it to save your PC from any harmful external effects.
An outdated iTunes prevents the file transfer operation, as well as the file, restore operation. So while you want to access the folder or the file through iTunes app, you may face the error 3194 update error in each time.
- First, exit from the iTunes Application from your iOS device and reboot the device.
- Now, click on the Updates tab which will display all the currently available updates on the screen.
- Choose Select All to update the entire section. In case of performing the specific program update, choose them individually along with the iTunes and its associated apps. Hence, select the iTunes checkbox.
- Next, tap on the Update button to start the upgrade process. It will take several minutes to finish this entire process. Don’t turn off the iOS device until the running upgrade process is finished successfully.
- Finally, check whether the file transfer or data restore process is done successfully or not.
- Check all the steps carefully. Set iOS Device In Recovery Mode
- Hold Power and Home buttons together and connect the iPhone device with the PC.
- Wait until the iTunes logo appears on the screen instead of the Apple logo. It will confirm that your iPhone or iPad is in the recovery mode. However, iTunes dialog box will display on the screen.
- Tap on the Restore button to retrieve the data from the iPhone or iPad and you can avoid the iTunes error 3194 efficiently.
Verify Host Files
Host files problem is a critical issue in the iOS device. So, make sure that the host file location is correct and both of the iOS and the client device is updated to the same version.
- First, browse the Finder button and tap the Applications under the GO menu.
- Now, click on the Utilities under this Applications and finally go to the Terminal window of that page.
- Next, type “sudo nano /private/etc/hosts” to launch the host file. Here, find out the Return option and place a correct key in passcode.
- After that, click on Return and you will see the name of the host file name in Terminal. Put ‘#’ symbol and space before the name ‘gs.apple.com’.
- Then, save the file with a suitable name and tap on Return to save the changes.
- Finally, restart the iOS device and restore the lost data of the iPhone.
A misconfiguration of the network is one of the responsible factors behind this iOS error. Without a correct network setup, you can’t fix this problem. To perform the process, you may follow the steps below.
- First, tap on the GO menu from the menu bar and choose Library from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the folder named Preferences and go to the System Configuration section from this window. Tap on GO to proceed the next step of the process.
- Select the file ‘NetworkInterfaces.plist’ and drag it into the trash and remove it.
- When done, reboot the Apple device and open the Network Settings from the System Preferences.
- Finally, click on Edit Locations to modify the Network Settings if necessary. Now, sync the files or folders through the iTunes and check whether the error 3194 got fixed or not.
An outdated firmware prevents the basic operations of the iOS device. Then, the hardware related to the device starts to lag and even fails to give a real-time response. However, you need to upgrade both the EFI and SMC version to the latest version to remove the 3194 error.
Update EFI Version
- Go to the Apple menu and click on About Mac to see the complete information about your system in a window.
- Tap on the System Information button from this window to view the details information in the resultant window.
- Finally, click on Update to start the upgrade process. It will take a few minutes to complete the upgrade process. Make sure that you have installed the latest version of the firmware.
Upgrade the SMC Firmware
- Open the SMC Update.pkg file from the downloaded firmware folder and click on Continue.
- It will give you the full information of the upgrade process. Again, tap on Continue after accepting the License & Agreement.
- After that, a Standard Install screen will display on your screen and it will be removed automatically after finishing the firmware update process.
- After successful installation of the firmware, you need to verify it by entering a correct Administration username and passcode. It will help you to login the admin account and complete the SMC upgrade steps.
- When done, restart the iPhone or iPad after the complete installation dialog box is displayed on the screen.
- First, sign in the iCloud account from the iCloud website by entering a correct username and password.
- Now, open the Find My iPhone service from this iCloud window. It will show the devices which are registered with this account.
- Choose your iOS device from that list. Click on the All Devices menu and select the iOS device which you want to use as a recovery device.
- Tap on the Erase button in the iOS device card and remove all the items from the device.
- The iOS device will start the factory settings process automatically after confirming it. It will take several minutes to complete the process.
- Finally, set up the iOS device and perform the backup process to restore the data.
Via DFU Mode
- First, close the iTunes app for your iOS device and locate the host files by typing ‘/etc/hosts’ in the Mac device. For Windows users, type ‘c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts’ in the search box to get the Host file directly on the iOS.
- Now, authenticate the host file by admin privileges and enter a line “126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com”. Then, press Enter to apply changes.
- Now, connect your Apple device with the PC and launch the iTunes app. Switch off the iPhone.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes and hold the Power & Sleep button simultaneously for 10 seconds and release the power button by holding the Home button. It will turn the device on into the Recovery mode as well as fix the iOS into the DFU Mode.
- When done, restore the data through iTunes Restore feature. After performing the restore operation, restart the device successfully in a normal mode and verify whether the iOS error 3194 persists or not.
In this article, we have discussed the steps to resolve the iOS error 3194 efficiently. Moreover, we have analyzed the possible reasons behind this error. So, you can easily identify the problematic factors and can repair it accordingly. Furthermore, you will understand the problems at the very initial stage if you go through the entire article. Again, the upgrade iTunes and the iOS will increase the performance of your device. On the other hand, the firmware update process and reboot the system in the DFU mode will keep the basic operations stable in your device. We hope this context will help you a lot, especially the non-tech-savvy people to fix the iTunes error as well as any iOS error technically.