The Gmail error 007 issue is something that a lot of users have reported about. And if this is what you are facing currently, and because of that, you are not being able to send any emails, then you do not have to worry about that much.
As the truth is that you will be able to solve it yourself. All the technical instructions that you are going to need for that, you will find here in this article.
Email is one of the most common means of communication in this day and age. And this is the choice of communication for corporate settings. People also use it for their personal communication needs as well.
Gmail is the most common webmail system that people around the world use. It has got all the features that you might want from a mailing service. But, you still might face issues every once in a while.
The Gmail server error 007 is one of them and let us take a look at the ways to fix this issue.
Probable Causes of the Gmail Error 007 Issue
Before we go and start working on all the solutions to this problem, here are some discussion regarding this problem. And that is exactly what you are going to find in this section of the article.
What we are talking about here is the possible reasons why you might be facing this issue. Knowing all of that, you will be able to get 2 specific benefits when trying to solve the problem.
First one is that you will be able to avoid a lot of the different technical problems. Ones that might have come your way if you did not have an understanding of the causes.
The other one is that the instructions that you are going to find in the solution section are rather technical. And if you are not a very tech-savvy person, then it might be difficult for you to understand.
But, not if you happen to have a good understanding of the details of the problem. So, let us go ahead and check that out.
- The most common reason why you might be facing the Gmail error 007 is cache and cookies. If the memory in this part is full, then that usually causes a lot of different issues. And it is capable of causing this particular issue as well.
- Then, we have the usual case with the browser extensions which although can be very useful. But still, due to the complexity of these software programs. It can also be a reason why you are facing the issue.
- Again, in case there are system files of the browser which virus attacks have affected. That can cause a lot of problems in your computer system. And, thus Gmail error occurs.
How to Troubleshoot Gmail Error 007? Stepwise Instructions
So, after discussing the possible reasons behind this error code, it is time we take a look at the solutions for that.
That is what you are going to find here in this section of the article in a stepwise manner. It will be best if you have identified the exact reasons for this error code in your case.
As with that, you will be able to go and apply the solutions for it right away. We have covered all the solutions there are to this issue. But, in case you do not know the exact reasons for this, then also there is no problem.
Just apply the solutions one after another and that is going to fix the problem for good.
Diagnose your Computer for Viruses
Viruses can be really problematic and if you are not being able to send emails because of this error. Then, a good place to start is to look for viruses and faulty updates of your browser.
Here are the steps that you are going to need to perform the necessary diagnosis.
- Go to the antivirus software that you use from the home screen of your computer. Open it up and go to the home screen of it.
- Now that you are in the interface of the software, you can do two different things. One is a full scan, which we recommend and the other is the general scan which is going to be in the home screen itself.
- So, click on the option that you want to, depending on the type of scan that you want to run.
- The antivirus is now going to perform the scan and you will have to wait for it to complete.
After the antivirus system is done with all its scanning and then it displays all the results. You will be able to quarantine the antiviruses if they are there.
Stop and Remove the Browser Extensions
Browser extensions although useful can also create all sorts of problems in your system. And that can cause this particular issue as well, causing Gmail to not work.
Now, figuring out what exactly is wrong in the system and then fixing it from there can be difficult. So, the simplest thing to do is to just disable the browser extensions altogether.
In that case, here are all the steps that you can take.
- Go to your Google Chrome web browser look for the three-line hamburger icon on the top left. Once you find it, click on it to open up the list of options.
- Once you are in that list, look for the More Tools and click on it, followed by the Extensions option.
- Now, you are going to see another list where the different browser extensions that you have downloaded will be there. Some of them will be active and others will be off.
- Click on the check-boxes next to the Enabled option along with each browser extension.
Thus, you will be able to fix the Gmail error 007 from your computer. You can always activate any of those browser extensions if you need later on in a similar manner.
Stop the Gmail Background Send Feature
The Background Send feature which comes with Gmail can be really useful. But that can cause a lot of problems as well, from time to time.
So, if that is what is causing this problem for you, then you will have to deactivate it. And here are all the steps that you need for that.
- First, you will have to get into the Gmail account that you use.
- Now, look for the gear icon around the top right corner of the screen. Click on it as you find it out to open the Settings section.
- Once you are in the Settings section, look for the Lab tab and click on it.
- There you are going to find Background Send option, which you will have to click on to deactivate.
Thus, by disabling the browser extensions that you use, you will be able to resolve the issue. But if this does not work, then go for the next solution as usual.
Clean Up the Cache and Cookies Memory of your Browser
If the cache memory of your Google Chrome browser is full, then that can cause this problem. So, the simple course of action to solve that is going to be to clear that up.
Here is how you will be able to do that.
- Open up the Menu section of Google Chrome from the hamburger icon on the top right.
- In that list, look for and then click on the Settings menu.
- After this, you will have to click on the Show Advanced Settings option.
- In that window, open the Privacy tab and click on the Content Settings option from there.
- There, look for the Cookies section and under that and then click on the Content Settings section.
- Now, click on the Remove All to disable all of that and to finish, click on the Done button.
Thus, you will be able to clear up all the different cache and cookie files that are there. And that, in turn, is going to resolve this issue for you once and for all.
Thus, you have all the potential methods that are going to need to fix Gmail error 007. But if for any reason the methods that we have listed do not give you the requisite fix, then it can lead to further hassle.
Further, that clearly indicates that there is some deeper issue which only experts will be able to solve. And for that, you will have to sign up for the services of professional tech support services.