The error 0x80070003 is one of the leading error codes in Windows that almost every Windows users face once in their practice.
This error code is primarily known as Windows update error 0x80070003 that occurs due to internal issues on your computer.
This error code strikes with an error note on the screen that says “Windows can’t be updated, need to close”
So, if you are one of those unfortunate who are encountering this issue and want of some effective solutions to deal with this error, then you have arrived at the perfect place.
In this content, we will reveal all the root reasons and also effective keys to dismiss this error as shortly as possible.
Root Causes for the Occurrence of Error 0x80070003 on Windows:
If you are encountering the Windows update error 0x80070003 on your Windows, then there might be several causes behind this error.
This error code mainly occurs due to corrupted Registry Entries or the system files on your Windows.
If you are running outdated Windows update components on your PC, then it will be another major cause for this error code.
Faulty BIOS or the corrupted BIOS version is another prime suspect for this issue.
However, we have enough brilliant hacks to settle this error code permanently that we will discuss in the next verse.
Effective Solutions to Resolve Error 0x80070003 on your Windows:
We have prepared a list of all the effective hacks to overcome the update error code 0x80070003 in few moments.
You can perform the entire methods consistently until you are satisfied to get back the PC error-free as earlier.
Method 1: Repair the Registry Entries Associated with Windows Error Code 0x8007007e
If the registry files get corrupted or missing, then it will result in this error code.
You need to restore all those Registry Entries to solve this issue. Perform the steps mentioned below to succeed in this method.
- Switch on your computer and you can observe the Windows Start key. Later that, hit on that to proceed.
- When the Windows Search panel opens, type “Command” in the Search box and while pressing the Ctrl + Shift key, tap on the Enter button.
- After that, click on Yes when a permission dialog box opens.
- Now, this will open a black box with a blinking cursor on the next window. Type “regedit” in the box and tap the Enter key to proceed to the next.
- Select the Task Host Windows related entries from the Registry Editor folder. Further, select the Export option from the File menu which is at the end of the results.
- Select the folder in the Save list where you want to save Microsoft backup and choose the Selected Branch option.
- On the next page, click on the Save option and then the file will be saved as “.reg file extension”.
After finishing all the above steps accurately, restart your computer manually and see if the Windows error 0x80070003 exists or not.
If you are facing any issue regarding this error code, try another method.
Method 2: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
The Windows Troubleshooter is an essential and in-built tool that allows the computer to fix many error formats including the Update error.
Go through the steps provided here to accomplish the task.
- At first, switch on the computer and hit the Windows Start key from the bottom-left point of the Windows.
- Now, type Control Panel into the Search pane and tap the Enter key.
- After that, when the Control Panel opens, drive to the System and Security option from the top of the search results.
- Now, locate the Troubleshoot option under the Security and Maintenance option and click on that.
- Pick a Troubleshooting category from the list of the search results and tap the OK button.
- After that, run the Troubleshooter that suits the problem you are facing and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
After completing all the above steps successfully and accurately, restart the computer and see if this error code exists or not.
If the error code still prompts on your computer screen, try the next solution listed below.
Method 4: Repair the Windows Corrupted System Files on your PC
As it was discussed above that due to the system corrupted files, it will result in 0x80070003.
Hence, you need to repair all the Windows corrupted files in order to get back your PC as earlier. Go through the steps described below to succeed in the assignment.
- In the beginning, switch on the computer and open the Run command box by pressing the Windows + R key at the same moment.
- Type “cmd” into the Search pane and tap the Enter key or just click on OK to invoke Command Prompt.
- After that, drive to the very top result from the list and click on Run as Administrator option.
- On the next screen, when the DISM command box appears, type “dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” into the box and tap the Enter key.
- Now, type “sfc/scannow” into the Command box and tap the Enter key.
- After that, wait until the task is completed and click on Finish when you are done.
After completing all the above steps accurately, you will be able to repair all the corrupted system files.
Now, restart the computer and check if the update error 0x80070003 is now fixed.
If the error code still remains or the preceding method doesn’t act the way it should, try another solution mentioned below.
Method 5: Reset All the Windows Update Components on your PC
If all of the above methods fail, you need to reset all the Windows update components to escape from this error.
Hence, go through the steps below to reset all the components and eliminate this error code:
- At first, turn on your computer and invoke the Run Command box. You can do this by pressing the Windows + R key at the same time on your keyboard.
- Now, write “cmd” into the Cortana Search counter. Tap the Enter button or click on the OK button to launch the action.
- After that, choose the Run as Administrator option and type the input “net stop wuauserv” into the box.
- Tap the Enter key after inputting the above command and do the same for all the components.
- Click on OK when you are done and simply click on Save option to save the changes that you have made.
After completing all the above steps successfully, close all the Command Prompt box and restart the computer manually.
Now, notice if the error code 0x80070003 is now fixed or still remains unresolved.
The Windows error 0x80070003 is one of the ridiculous error formats that prevent the computer to update its components.
So, here we have discussed all the efficient solutions to resolve this error within a moment.
Hope the above article was successful enough to guide you on how to terminate this update error code.
In case, you find that this error code still remains, then there might be some other software issues or the hardware faults. In that case, you can try updating the computer’s BIOS to get rid of this issue.
Lastly, we counsel you to drop us your precious feedback here in the comment section below.